Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 304376 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2014, 01:48:56 PM »
I didn't watch The Sopranos back when it was on. So I just started watching on HBO GO. Just finished season 1. Pretty good. These series are MUCH better seen without commercials and not waiting a week between episodes and a year between seasons.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2014, 07:52:44 PM »
Stalker
 :popcorn: ???

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2014, 04:31:27 AM »
Saw the second show of Gotham...for now it's still on my schedule..

Started watching Gracepoint and immediately deleted it.  Thought it was an abomination.  A known Scottish actor with an American accent.  Couldn't stand it.  It's one thing to have a UK actor and not know that they're from the UK, but to have a very well known Scottish actor (David Tennant) play an American?  :_shudder_Emoticon   At any rate, the show is a copy of Broadchurch that was broadcast in the UK, 2013.

Haven is now off my list.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #163 on: October 03, 2014, 04:58:13 AM »

Started watching Gracepoint and immediately deleted it.  Thought it was an abomination.  A known Scottish actor with an American accent.  Couldn't stand it.  It's one thing to have a UK actor and not know that they're from the UK, but to have a very well known Scottish actor (David Tennant) play an American?  :_shudder_Emoticon   At any rate, the show is a copy of Broadchurch that was broadcast in the UK, 2013.

One more episode of Gotham and you'll be lunging for the delete button on the remote.

If you get Starz and you're not watching Outlander, you're missing one of the best shows on TV right now. Plus if you like a great Scottish accent, you'll love this show.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #164 on: October 03, 2014, 05:03:55 AM »
I love any UK accent.  Feel like I'm at home...

I don't get any of the pay channels..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2014, 05:24:16 AM »
I love any UK accent.  Feel like I'm at home...

I don't get any of the pay channels..

I'm getting Starz for a year free. I called DTV and complained about all the new stuff they offer new customers while they leave the old customers (I've been with them since 2000) out in the cold. They fell all over themselves offering me free programming.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2014, 06:33:59 AM »

I have to say Hugh Laurie did a fantastic job with House.

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #167 on: October 03, 2014, 08:16:33 AM »
I'm getting Starz for a year free. I called DTV and complained about all the new stuff they offer new customers while they leave the old customers (I've been with them since 2000) out in the cold. They fell all over themselves offering me free programming.

Yep, but they seldom give you a reduction in pricing. And, if you don't want to pay for Stars after the complimentary year you have to call and get it cancelled or you pay full price for that.
If you talk to 5 different people at DTV (or probably any such satelite/cable/phone) "provider" you will get 5 different stories or quotes on packages.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2014, 02:42:39 PM »
I have to say Hugh Laurie did a fantastic job with House.

That he did as does Charlie Hunnam in SOA.  I didn't know that both of them were from UK until much later into the series.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »
Yeah, it always amazes me when some people absolutely command a certain accent. The first time I ever saw Alan Rickman was in Die Hard and he did a perfect (IMO of course) German accent speaking American English.... so of course I thought he was German. Then he did his American accent in the middle of the movie, again perfect, and I was confused. It was not until quite a while later when I found out he is really English! Amazing.

Brian

That he did as does Charlie Hunnam in SOA.  I didn't know that both of them were from UK until much later into the series.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2014, 06:11:02 AM »
Yep, but they seldom give you a reduction in pricing. And, if you don't want to pay for Stars after the complimentary year you have to call and get it cancelled or you pay full price for that.
If you talk to 5 different people at DTV (or probably any such satelite/cable/phone) "provider" you will get 5 different stories or quotes on packages.

All that is true but if you're persistent and your threats to cancel sound real, you can get $$ off your monthly bill as I am now enjoying (for a while at least).

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2014, 06:35:58 AM »
Wreck it Ralph and the new Star Wars cartoon movie.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #172 on: October 07, 2014, 10:01:14 PM »
We're 3 episodes into the new show called "Scorpion", so far it's a winner, we like it!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #173 on: October 08, 2014, 04:37:34 AM »
Supernatural...    I'm going to keep watching Gotham.  Crossed Haven off my list.   May cut off Dr. Who, not enthralled with the new Doctor.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2014, 04:52:23 AM »
Wreck it Ralph for the 30th time this week.  Granddaughter staying with us for the week and she loves it.  Actually not a bad flick.

American Horror, Midsomer Murders, NCIS

Offline Conrad

« Reply #175 on: October 10, 2014, 05:13:51 AM »
American Horror: Freak Show.    :thumbs:

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #176 on: October 10, 2014, 05:20:54 AM »
Yeah, we tried that one on too but not so much with the thumbs up result. The strange 'music' was really interfering with the voice audio too. I liked the first year but I think it kinda' went downhill after that.

Brian

American Horror: Freak Show.    :thumbs:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #177 on: October 10, 2014, 05:32:13 AM »
Wreck it Ralph for the 30th time this week.  Granddaughter staying with us for the week and she loves it.  Actually not a bad flick.

American Horror, Midsomer Murders, NCIS

Watched that last night with my 7 year old daughter.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #178 on: October 10, 2014, 08:58:08 AM »
Gotham now is out.    :thumbdown

Yep, same here C, we just deleted if off our series recordings too, bummer because I was hoping it would be a win...  :(

Offline Conrad

« Reply #179 on: October 11, 2014, 08:15:34 AM »
Yeah, we tried that one on too but not so much with the thumbs up result. The strange 'music' was really interfering with the voice audio too. I liked the first year but I think it kinda' went downhill after that.

Brian

We had the same issue with the audio on that show. I had to turn on the captions so that I could tell what the hell was being said.