Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303618 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #780 on: October 25, 2016, 05:14:36 AM »
Gothem, Lucifer
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #781 on: October 25, 2016, 09:14:09 AM »
We watched the season premier last night. Holy ****!!!!  :o

I love this show but, damn, they can turn down the gore from 10 to about 5! I almost couldn't watch it and if that continues I won't. The show has always been a gore fest but that ep was WAY over the top.   :pukeface: 

And what's with Rick turning into SUCH a pussy?
As a rule I don't watch tv but I the wife follows this show so I watched it last night. It was the most worthless piece of **** tv show I think I've ever watched. Looked like the writers went to al- jazeera to get ideas from ISIS training videos.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #782 on: October 26, 2016, 09:17:42 AM »
As a rule I don't watch tv but I the wife follows this show so I watched it last night. It was the most worthless piece of **** tv show I think I've ever watched. Looked like the writers went to al- jazeera to get ideas from ISIS training videos.

It seems that you've never watched Blackish?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #783 on: October 26, 2016, 10:45:12 AM »
uh....no

Offline Conrad

« Reply #784 on: October 26, 2016, 01:06:15 PM »
uh....no

My recommendation is to keep it that way...

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #785 on: November 06, 2016, 01:56:53 PM »
An Australian TV show, "Dr. Blake Mysteries", I think? Set in 1954 small town Victoria, a doctor practices medicine and plays at being a detective sometimes with the local police chief. First season was 2012. #1 on Blackish, amazing how they get away with what they say and portray on that show.........oh,..... never mind.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Conrad

« Reply #786 on: December 30, 2016, 05:49:42 AM »
Watched Hyena Road on Netflix last night. Damn good war movie!

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hyena_road/

If you have Amazon Prime and you're not watching Man In The High Castle you're missing one of the best shows on TV right now.

YMMV

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #787 on: December 30, 2016, 07:08:17 AM »
The Crown...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #788 on: December 30, 2016, 01:40:01 PM »
The Crown...

Watched that last month. Enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. I was curious about the accuracy and looked a lot of stuff up. At the very least the major events and people portrayed are quite accurate. Will definitely watch the 2nd season when it is released.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #789 on: December 31, 2016, 05:58:18 AM »
The Crown...

I just watched the trailer. I think I'll have to check this one out.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #790 on: January 14, 2017, 04:52:56 PM »
There was sooooooo much hoooplah about about Captain America Winter Soldier film generated, I thought it was gonna be an awesome film.... meh.... it was ok, and this film tied up Cleveland for almost a solid year, due to most of the action scenes being filmed here in downtown Cleveland... real p.I.t.a.

Well, last night I watched Avengers: Captain America Civil War....on netflix... man, totally awesome flick, blew winter sold-yer outta the water... highly recommended...

Edited to correct movie title... watched it again tonight, it gets better on the second go, man, what an intricate plot and story line...

Many Kudos to old Kirby as a storyline writer, and Stan Lee got his cameo... awesome.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:58:10 PM by MAN OF BLUES »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #791 on: January 14, 2017, 07:49:45 PM »
Me too- I watched by accident while my wife was watching it and found it to be both interesting as well as very well done (as a production). Very, very different than Downton Abbey- if I got any of that on my I have to go strop a straight razor or something to maintain my man-card; that was painful to watch.

Recently happened to stumble over The Office (American version) and have been re-watching it; I think it is the only TV show that ever made me laugh out- loud even watching it a second time.

Brian

Watched that last month. Enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. I was curious about the accuracy and looked a lot of stuff up. At the very least the major events and people portrayed are quite accurate. Will definitely watch the 2nd season when it is released.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #792 on: January 24, 2017, 09:12:17 AM »
We just finished up watching the Amazon original series called Goliath.

https://smile.amazon.com/Goliath-Official-Trailer/dp/B01J4SRJFW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485274192&sr=8-1&keywords=goliath

Great show, great storyline, and great acting. Billy Bob (Billy Bob Thornton won the Golden Globe Award for Best Television Actor (Drama Series) for his outstanding performance in this acclaimed Amazon Original legal drama) was in fine form as were the rest of the cast.

:thumbs:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #793 on: January 24, 2017, 09:36:55 AM »
We like that one as well.  Only about 3 or 4 episodes in, though.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #794 on: January 24, 2017, 09:56:01 AM »
We like that one as well.  Only about 3 or 4 episodes in, though.

VERY good ending to that show! If it comes back with a second season it'll have to be about another case...

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #795 on: January 28, 2017, 11:31:02 AM »
Enjoying Sneaky Pete on Amazon.
Has anybody got into Taboo on FX? I really want to like it, but its so slow.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #796 on: January 28, 2017, 12:52:56 PM »
I think we got two episodes into Sneaky Pete but it just did not turn our wheels. Especially since Ribisi can and has been so excellent in the past (his short arcs on Friends and of course, Saving Private Ryan for example).

It seems that we are in a drought of decent TV at our house; the series we were watching have either ended for the season or taken a terrible turn for the worse.

Brian

Enjoying Sneaky Pete on Amazon.
Has anybody got into Taboo on FX? I really want to like it, but its so slow.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #797 on: January 30, 2017, 12:00:50 PM »
We just finished up watching the Amazon original series called Goliath.

https://smile.amazon.com/Goliath-Official-Trailer/dp/B01J4SRJFW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485274192&sr=8-1&keywords=goliath

Great show, great storyline, and great acting. Billy Bob (Billy Bob Thornton won the Golden Globe Award for Best Television Actor (Drama Series) for his outstanding performance in this acclaimed Amazon Original legal drama) was in fine form as were the rest of the cast.

:thumbs:

Watch the first episode of Goliath last week and it hooked me. Binge watch the remaining 7 episodes this weekend. Billy Bob is an outstanding actor and I enjoyed the show. Looking forward to another season.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #798 on: April 01, 2017, 06:33:37 AM »
Just watched the trailer for the remake of Stephen King's It.    :_shudder_Emoticon

We all float down here...

! No longer available

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #799 on: April 01, 2017, 06:55:02 AM »
The forum..