Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303156 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #1040 on: August 27, 2017, 08:38:21 PM »
Last episode this season of Game of Thrones...  I hate this show.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1041 on: August 28, 2017, 08:56:23 AM »
Jessica Jones  (Just finished Daredevil, so it looks like I am sucked into the Marvel Universe and have to go through it all, now)

Those are the two best series, but finish the other two as well, they aren't bad. Then move on to the Defenders.
I really enjoyed Defenders.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1042 on: August 28, 2017, 12:37:33 PM »
Last episode this season of Game of Thrones...  I hate this show.

So now that it's 7th season is over, we can count on you being in a continuing better mood each day until season 8?...or about a year maybe longer?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1043 on: August 28, 2017, 06:05:30 PM »
Inversely proportional to the amount of alcohol consumed..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1044 on: August 29, 2017, 06:33:13 AM »
Inversely proportional to the amount of alcohol consumed..

Hmmm... In that case, before season 8 starts, I might have to send you a bottle of scotch because I think GOT is the best show on TV right now.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1045 on: August 29, 2017, 06:44:35 AM »
MaCallan

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1046 on: August 29, 2017, 07:08:55 AM »
MaCallan

Hopefully we're talking basic MaCallan 12 year old because this stuff is right out:

http://www.melandrose.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=92926&vfsku=3359510&vfsku=3359510&gpla=pla&gclid=Cj0KCQjwoZTNBRCWARIsAOMZHmHmOEylmLqROs4cIjsa-vNT8YZtoW_93o9eCG553zY-AG-hgwiWI5gaAlSGEALw_wcB

At that price I would expect it to permanently make me 10 years younger.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1047 on: August 29, 2017, 07:12:01 AM »
That's the one. I'll PM you my shipping details.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1048 on: August 29, 2017, 08:10:08 AM »
 :rotflmao:   10 year old.   

From what I understand, Scotland is divided into 4 regions for Scotch making.  The taste can vary considerably between regions.   If you like the taste of a certain Scotch and you want to try similar brands, and you like that particular taste, stay in that region.  For instance the Scotch's I like are in Speyside.

I like The Glenlivet brand.   I was in my local German Restaurant (Deutchland Downtown) in Fredericksburg (where we are regulars) and wanted to try the Scotch (MaCallan) they had.  It was smoother than The Glenlivet but similar in taste.  Come to find out they both are made in the Moray Council area of Scotland.   Same region (Speyside) obviously.  I was quite tickled over the fact they were made in the same region.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #1049 on: August 29, 2017, 10:09:22 AM »

From what I understand, Scotland is divided into 4 regions for Scotch making.  The taste can vary considerably between regions.   If you like the taste of a certain Scotch and you want to try similar brands, and you like that particular taste, stay in that region.  For instance the Scotch's I like are in Speyside.

I like The Glenlivet brand.   I was in my local German Restaurant (Deutchland Downtown) in Fredericksburg (where we are regulars) and wanted to try the Scotch (MaCallan) they had.  It was smoother than The Glenlivet but similar in taste.  Come to find out they both are made in the Moray Council area of Scotland.   Same region (Speyside) obviously.  I was quite tickled over the fact they were made in the same region.

Traditionally it was 4 but it's now 5 (or 6 if you cont The Islands)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_whisky#Regions
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1050 on: August 29, 2017, 01:32:06 PM »

Not much of a scotch drinker but I do love the smoky aroma of the Islay scotch such as Laphroaig.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1051 on: August 29, 2017, 02:15:25 PM »
Scotch must be savored as far as I'm concerned.  I have a special leaded crystal glass I use to drink it. 

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1052 on: September 02, 2017, 12:00:51 PM »
Just watched "Manchester By The Sea". OMG, what a depressing F***ing movie! God, I wanted to swallow a bullet after that piece of S**t. All kinds of awards huh? Well, that just proves Hollywood is F***ed up. Avoid it.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1053 on: September 02, 2017, 03:54:23 PM »
Arrival.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1054 on: September 02, 2017, 06:17:08 PM »
Got my retinas all warmed up for..... Narcos, Season 3 released yesterday! If it is 1/2 as good as seasons 1 & 2, it will be very good. Just found out it was released or I would have watched as many episodes as I could have last night.

Also, True Detective has been cast and is in production for Season 3 (it skipped a couple of years). Again, the highest hopes for that one also; season 1 was outstanding IMO and season 2 was nearly as good. And I say that even though it starred people I normally do not care to watch.

So for all the "Vast Wasteland" out there, there are a few diamonds lying around here and there.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1055 on: September 06, 2017, 05:48:10 AM »
Finished Narcos S3. Not bad but not as good as seasons 1 & 2. It follows in  chronological order, so the bestus bad guy in all of Columbia was not in season 3 and that did not help.

It was renewed for season 4, and again I do not want to give too much away but I think that may not happen in Columbia at all.... the Colombian time of being the major player in drug trafficking is over I think.

The show has a nice mix of detailing events; the majority of it is done as a regular series, with actors playing various parts as with most all video. But there is also a fair amount of detail and actual photos of the actual people and events mixed in to show the reality. Scripted shows, even teh most violent and intense, still lack a certain..... 'messiness' that the real events hold, and showing photos of the actual events is a great touch in this series IMO.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1056 on: September 06, 2017, 03:57:27 PM »
Finished Narcos S3. Not bad but not as good as seasons 1 & 2. It follows in  chronological order, so the bestus bad guy in all of Columbia was not in season 3 and that did not help.

I started watching it and kept falling asleep and having to go rewatch each night.  I think I am through episode 3 and then jumped to watching Luke Cage.  Already I agree Narcos S3 is much less interesting than S1/S2.  But similarly, Luke Cage is much less interesting than Daredevil and Jessica Jones.  But I am committed to watching it all...  Will return to Narcos S3, eventually, I suppose.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #1057 on: September 06, 2017, 07:57:15 PM »
King Arthur
Definitely has some Guy Ritchie moments
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1058 on: September 07, 2017, 08:22:25 PM »
American Horror..

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1059 on: September 08, 2017, 05:11:44 AM »
American Horror..

Two replies with the same answer, and they both work!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn