Author Topic: plug removal on headlight  (Read 2031 times)

Offline bigfraid

plug removal on headlight
« on: July 05, 2015, 04:50:31 PM »
Hello everyone hope you had a great 4th of july.i am trying to pull off the plug that goes on to the headlight bulb and it seems to be pretty tight and I didn't want to break it.is there a certain way to remove it I'm just hesitant on pulling real hard or moving it side to side.here is a pic

jirod

Re: plug removal on headlight
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 05:29:13 PM »
The inner rubber boot with the side cable entry comes out with the connector. Grab the part of the boot that is around the body of the connector as close to the bulb as your fingers will allow, and pull firmly while walking it side to side.  It might have some corrosion on the terminals that makes it hard to remove. Inspect it, and use a light coating of bulb grease or silicone grease when reinstalling it. Make sure the connector is pushed in all the way when reinstalling it. I just checked mine before I replied to your post, and it was about to fall off the bulb!

Offline bigfraid

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 06:32:54 AM »
Got the plug off,I couldn't pull it off while the bulb was still locked in so I removed  the bulb out with the plug and dust cap still assemble as one peice.while it was out it was still very tight but got it apart.thanks

Offline GREEKWARLORD

• GTR 1400 '08
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 03:10:23 PM »
SILICONE SPRAY and you're done 'till next change....... :D
72000 KMS,ANOTHER 428000 LEFT WITH GTR 1400!! I HOPE..

Offline bigfraid

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 05:21:35 PM »
SILICONE SPRAY and you're done 'till next change....... :D
well if everything goes right I will have high output leds in next week and I won't have to do it again.