Author Topic: Irony, x500  (Read 2339 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Irony, x500
« on: October 22, 2018, 07:41:13 PM »
so, now our friends up north can buy legal weed, COUNTRY WIDE.. (WOW, WHAT A CONCEPT...)

BUT, by day 2, they run out of Bud to sell... that has to say something to the populace HERE, and should send a messege to Don... (you're fired..)
hey dude, wake up and smell the buds...

the US actually made $10 BILLION, on the couple of states that got the go...so far.

man, sure sounds like a viable way to clean the deficit, and letting the 50% of prisoners today, being supported by our funds, would be freed up also...

what a concept...
Buttttttt  Nooooooooooo......the morality of our country would be at risk....

KUDO's to Canada....EH?
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Irony, x500
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 08:34:07 PM »
man, sure sounds like a viable way to clean the deficit, and letting the 50% of prisoners today, being supported by our funds, would be freed up also...

50% of prisoners are not there due to cannabis (even indirectly).  All illicit drugs combined, directly and indirectly, perhaps.  Federally, it is about 12% or so, last time I checked, not sure of percents for State/local.  But there are a lot of arrests- some half a million per year (compared to 1.6 million for all illicit drug related offenses).  Interestingly, there are about 1.5 million arrests per year for drunk driving.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline George R. Young

• Concours 2001 Farkles
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 07:26:06 AM »
Ah, well, your country (eventually) got rid of prohibition, so you know how to do it.

Maybe this will increase tourism to Canada, it's closer than Amsterdam.
65 CB160 (67-69), 69 350GTR (69-72), 72 R5, 73 RD350 (73-84), 82 XZ550 Vision (84-03), 01 Concours C10 (03-19), 89 EX250 (11-14), 00 SV650S (14-16), 03 SV650S (19-)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 07:27:44 AM »
50% of current US prisoners are there because of weed?  ???

Even if that were true making weed legal today would not vacate the prison sentences of said prisoners.

The US sure as hell hasn't made $10 billion from the sale of weed to date.

You really need to check your numbers man.

Oh yeah, pass that vape over here.   
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 06:03:14 PM »
..and as for the morality of the country.... that ship as done sailed  :(

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 06:16:46 PM »

The US sure as hell hasn't made $10 billion from the sale of weed to date.

You really need to check your numbers man.

Oh yeah, pass that vape over here.

have a toke...sorry, can't pass it to ya... won't be legally dispensed (medical) in Ohio for another month... and even then, it can't be "smoked"... ( If Bill Clinton didn't Inhale, i won't either...)  ;D ;D

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/insights/110916/economic-benefits-legalizing-weed.asp

https://www.businessinsider.com/cannabis-to-add-a-million-jobs-132-billion-tax-revenue-to-us-by-2025-2018-1

one single state..with recent law reforms...we have 50 states at last count...soo.....

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/revenue/colorado-marijuana-tax-data

add in the reduction of expenses, to house "criminals", or even pursue the "fight on deadly marijuana possession...",
and the only people "loosing money" from it are:

Lawyers
Police Squads and special "task forces"
Private penitentiaries, and their employees
"Big Pharmaceutical companies" that distribute Opioid's for simple pain control..because they can...

and Convenience stores with "take a penny-leave a penny" tubs at the cash register/
because stoners just don't add so good..

hey, I was only surprised that Canada actually as a "country", did what they did, and lets face it, they had to think long and well about the possible downsides.
It's only the second "country" to ever make it legal.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 06:57:43 PM by MAN OF BLUES »

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 08:47:07 PM »
during the 70's, all us kids started a 'movement' to "sow your seeds", kinda like the old book my mom read to me about Johnny Appleseed...

and for years, we spread those seeds whenever we could... but, alas, they never grew and spread..
 :'(

think J.A. was the "original" pot head... he wore a pot, on his head... go figger...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 06:28:29 AM »
during the 70's, all us kids started a 'movement' to "sow your seeds", kinda like the old book my mom read to me about Johnny Appleseed...

and for years, we spread those seeds whenever we could... but, alas, they never grew and spread..
 :'(

think J.A. was the "original" pot head... he wore a pot, on his head... go figger...

seeds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1sPmbj3t6E

:cool:

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 12:35:45 PM »
Before you blame drug companies for opioid abuse consider this:the drug companies caannot dispense said drugs. It as to come from doctors writing scripts.
BlAming drug companies for opioid abuse is like blaminv Kawasaki for mc crashes.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 03:10:10 PM »
Before you blame drug companies for opioid abuse consider this:the drug companies caannot dispense said drugs. It as to come from doctors writing scripts.
BlAming drug companies for opioid abuse is like blaminv Kawasaki for mc crashes.

There is enough blame to go around.  Med schools were telling physicians it wasn't acceptable for people to be in pain, ever.  Lawyers were suing doctors for leaving people in pain.  Doctors were getting kickbacks from drug companies.  Patients were putting HUGE pressure on doctors.  Drug companies mislead everyone about how addictive they were.

Cannabis is pretty low on the harm scale and only has evidence for psychological dependence (not physical).  Hallucinogens are higher on the harm scale but still very low on dependence.   Depressants are moderate on both.  Uppers have their own profile, depending on which.  But opioids are all very high on the harm and psychological and physical dependence scales.   This is why it is difficult to talk about "legalization of drugs" without looking at each one independently.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 05:54:14 PM »

I HAVE TO ASK, RESPECTFULLY, that you don't need to come out of the Arena, to join this discussion...
I posed it tongue in cheek, and as I do NOT want this to end up in the Arena, because it does in fact apply to many people with afflictions, I think its a viable topic.

Now, that said, you read what you wanted to read, from my posting... somehow you got confused... that's simple, and I can see how you did that...but then, I'm simple... and don't twist words.

I never placed blame on the Pharma companies for Opioid ABUSE.. but in retrospect, I do find it is a contributor... in many ways..
They DO lobby, and fight legalization of "weed" very vehemently, while they are in the lab, trying to synthesize "chemical compounds" viable as "medicine" that they can rake in more profits from... and be subsidized by funding, and reap the benefits from medical plans paying for "their drugs", instead of a simple herbal product...
Chronic pain sufferers can grow a couple plants from a clone, in their closet, FOR FREE... and that's the line Pharma wants to stop.

Doctors do in fact, freely prescribe Opioids for pain, as they cycle people in and out of their offices, then when the Govt says "stop, it's getting out of hand", they just cut them off.. and then, the populace (the ones that were abusing it anyways, but legally, thru a Doctor or 15 Doctors simultaneously), goes onto the street and buys Heroin...

great plan. ::)

I've always thru my life, had great belief and positive results from many natural plant products, in their "un modified forms", as plants medicinal properties have amazing benefits when used as such, and not broken down "into chemical compounds", nature has a way of counteracting itself, and buffering its plants effects, surprisingly well when the natural plant is used correctly.

so "BlAming drug companies for opioid abuse is like blaminv Kawasaki for mc crashes."

and if pressed, I'd say its a ridiculous argument, which I know you could do better at, seeing the Arena history...

you should blame it all on the Fuel suppliers, the refiners of gasoline, which by proxy allow people to operate a combustion engine...
oooooH, and add in the fact that without gasoline, the massive propensity for someone to "drive drunk" and kill people driving would be alleviated... ya could cover 2 birds with one toss...

I never propose legalization of drugs across the board as such, but damn, this bureaucratic pot thing is redunculous...

enjoy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_Substances_Act#Schedule_II_drugs

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 11:00:58 PM »
I never propose legalization of drugs across the board as such, but damn, this bureaucratic pot thing is redunculous...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_Substances_Act#Schedule_II_drugs

It is beyond ridiculous that the USA has marijuana/cannibis/cannabinoids listed as a schedule I drug- the "worst of the worst" "most dangerous" drugs known to man.  Especially when looking at the lower schedule II, which includes cocaine, amphetamines, barbiturates, morphine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, etc.  At the very least,  it should be a schedule IV if not V.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2018, 07:02:28 AM »
What the hell? Did someone forget to close the door to the Arena again?

You guys are attempting to use logic with Cholla?    :rotflmao:

Good luck with that.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2018, 09:18:51 AM »
Conrad....give it a rest. Your schtick has become old.

My point was, drug companies cannot be blamed for people becoming addicted to opioids. Doctors are responsible for it by overprescribing. It is their responsibility to know what the drugs can do and prescribe them  properly.
Case in point- my endocrinologist changed one of my meds after finding long term use caused problems with heart attacks. He was being responsible.

Doctors know what opioids can do. They have been around a long time. Its not like this info is new.

Granted, drug companies want to sell their latest pills but blaming them for you becoming addicted to them is a real stretch, hence my mc analogy. They didn't give you the drugs, the doctor(s) did. You and the docs are the problem.
The only reason th3 drug companies and not the docs being blamed is.....who has the deeper pockets?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2018, 02:46:37 PM »
It is beyond ridiculous that the USA has marijuana/cannibis/cannabinoids listed as a schedule I drug- the "worst of the worst" "most dangerous" drugs known to man.  Especially when looking at the lower schedule II, which includes cocaine, amphetamines, barbiturates, morphine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, etc.  At the very least,  it should be a schedule IV if not V.

this stigmata is resultant from the point where it became illegal in the first place, as the laws enacted were trite, it was outlawed because it was found to make Mexican workers here unreliable, and turned them into crazy criminals when they were high... then further on down the road, it was found to be "ok to buy" but you had to apply for a "tax stamp" in order to buy and sell, which conveniently was swept under the rug by simply never providing the tax stamps... and it still remains a schedule I, because the govt refused, and still makes it difficult, to progress in testing it's true medical viabilities, so if they have no "medicinal properties" it stays as a class I.... times are changing, thank god.

https://www.history.com/news/why-the-u-s-made-marijuana-illegal

https://www.countable.us/articles/849-date-fdr-made-marijuana-illegal-81-years-ago

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 11:41:11 AM »
It was made illegal because the revenooers needed something to do after likker was legal again.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2018, 04:19:55 AM »
Rich, if we're going to resort to name calling, please take it to the Arena.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2018, 05:13:52 PM »
Rich, if we're going to resort to name calling, please take it to the Arena.

sorry... thanks for the edit...
last place I would want this taken is to the "arena" :yikes:

please accept my appology.

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: