Author Topic: Winstons DNA Results  (Read 1226 times)

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
Winstons DNA Results
« on: February 14, 2018, 01:14:31 AM »
I've often wondered what breeds made up Winston since he joined me last year. I always thought there was a bit of wolfhound in him but it appears I was wrong :)

Full results
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Winstons DNA Results
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 11:46:41 AM »
Didn't know you could do that with dogs..  :thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 01:12:06 PM »
If I have this right, you thought he was part wolfhound when in fact he's a greyschnauzerdoodlehounderspanielwhippedcockerpointer?

aka pure breed :thumbs:

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 03:44:29 PM »
Something like that lol

Looks like he's predominantly Schnauzer & GWP on the one side which makes sense looking at them
--

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 04:07:05 PM »
That looks just like my family tree if you substitute 'Mick' for Poodle, 'Limey' for Greyhound and so forth. :-)   It is actually a fairly long list but I did not want to offend any beyond Micks and Limeys. I gots' all kinds o' species in my woodpile though all European as far as I know.... but who really knows?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Odd thing but the things that are available for pets in the first world are often better than the very best things available to humans in the third- world. A while back, we had a kitten emergency: had Phoebe spayed, she apparently aspirated some stomach contents, developed pneumonia and was having a great deal of trouble breathing. So she got a trip to the cat I.C.U., complete with echo cardiogram (Phoebe has a cardiologist!!!!), a hyperbaric chamber to administer oxygen, and the ability of substantial resuscitation including open- heart massage, defibrillation, etc. Absolutely amazing. Not cheap, but hey, I am a capitalist so it works for me: they offer a service anyone / everyone is free to partake or not at each person's choice and ability to afford it.

So yeah, our pets get some amazing care / service while a good deal of the planet's human population has zero access to modern medicine at all. Not making any kind of political statement here, merely pointing out what I found to be very surprising (DNA testing for dogs, very advanced medical care / treatment for pets).

Brian

Something like that lol

Looks like he's predominantly Schnauzer & GWP on the one side which makes sense looking at them
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 12:11:18 AM »
(Home) DNA testing for humans is available commercially from a number of sources but a lot of people worry about what the companies are doing with their DNA and if it's being secretly recorded on a big database somewhere that the police etc can access.

The other difference with our Pets as opposed to our human loved ones is that in a worst case scenario we can let them die with dignity.

That looks just like my family tree if you substitute 'Mick' for Poodle, 'Limey' for Greyhound and so forth. :-)   It is actually a fairly long list but I did not want to offend any beyond Micks and Limeys. I gots' all kinds o' species in my woodpile though all European as far as I know.... but who really knows?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Odd thing but the things that are available for pets in the first world are often better than the very best things available to humans in the third- world. A while back, we had a kitten emergency: had Phoebe spayed, she apparently aspirated some stomach contents, developed pneumonia and was having a great deal of trouble breathing. So she got a trip to the cat I.C.U., complete with echo cardiogram (Phoebe has a cardiologist!!!!), a hyperbaric chamber to administer oxygen, and the ability of substantial resuscitation including open- heart massage, defibrillation, etc. Absolutely amazing. Not cheap, but hey, I am a capitalist so it works for me: they offer a service anyone / everyone is free to partake or not at each person's choice and ability to afford it.

So yeah, our pets get some amazing care / service while a good deal of the planet's human population has zero access to modern medicine at all. Not making any kind of political statement here, merely pointing out what I found to be very surprising (DNA testing for dogs, very advanced medical care / treatment for pets).

Brian
--