Author Topic: Windows tablet built by Microsoft to be unveiled Monday, report says  (Read 1368 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Who cares, since Apple rules the device world now anyway

back the junk truck up, Microsoft you're old news and way late to the table.....

Computerworld - Microsoft will unveil a tablet computer running on Windows RT and manufactured by Microsoft on Monday at a Los Angeles event, according to entertainment Web site TheWrap.com.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9228141/Windows_RT_tablet_built_by_Microsoft_to_be_unveiled_Monday_report_says_
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Cholla

• Arena
It will need a security update by Tuesday.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Right after it crashes.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline galaxieman

Wait, so in addition to their crash-prone software, MicroShaft will be building the hardware too?  Yeah... count me out.  Considering an iPad 2 - for the interface.  The whole lack of flash is somewhat annoying, but thus far the UI on my iPhone has been solid, while Android phones I have had previously tended to get wonky pretty quickly.

Last Windows based phone I had was a T-Mobile Shadow.  The hardware was great (HTC), but the damn thing took longer to boot up than my laptop.  I realize it's been a while, but the MS mobile UI was pretty much crap then, so I haven't even considered anything windows powered since.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparat bellum.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Wait, so in addition to their crash-prone software, MicroShaft will be building the hardware too?  Yeah... count me out.  Considering an iPad 2 - for the interface.  The whole lack of flash is somewhat annoying, but thus far the UI on my iPhone has been solid, while Android phones I have had previously tended to get wonky pretty quickly.

Last Windows based phone I had was a T-Mobile Shadow.  The hardware was great (HTC), but the damn thing took longer to boot up than my laptop.  I realize it's been a while, but the MS mobile UI was pretty much crap then, so I haven't even considered anything windows powered since.

Indeed scary.