Author Topic: new browser.... brave.com  (Read 1380 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
new browser.... brave.com
« on: June 08, 2017, 08:44:09 AM »
So far I like it...fast...built in ad blocker...from the guy that got screwed by mozilla...  :thumbs:

https://brave.com/

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
Re: new browser.... brave.com
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 01:47:53 PM »
 :popcorn:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 02:45:19 PM »
Yeah, me too with the  :popcorn:  'cause I have swapped browsers several times now looking for more speed / less garbage and everytime, the new browsers have caught up to the old browsers in [lack of] performance.

Hopefully this one will be better, thanks for posting about it Gary.

Brian

So far I like it...fast...built in ad blocker...from the guy that got screwed by mozilla...  :thumbs:

https://brave.com/
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 04:53:42 PM »
Looks like they support all the main OS's (Linux included) and is open source.  But I am mostly fine with Firefox.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 05:05:23 PM »
Me too, more or less.

I still miss Nutscrape though, back in the days when one could poke around the 'Net without getting bombarded with targeted ads, banners and all kinds of 19th party linking before the page you asked for actually shows up. Of course I realize it was not that Netscape was so good, just that the 'Net has become so very much more commerce orientated.... sorta' like my landline (no emoticon that shows enough crankiness about that but this is where I would put it).  In fact, I am getting close to turning off the ringer entirely and letting anyone who really wants to talk to me be reduced to having to leave an actual voice message but that distant, nagging thought that Ed McMahon will call to tell me I have won millions of dollars keeps nagging at me....

Brian

Looks like they support all the main OS's (Linux included) and is open source.  But I am mostly fine with Firefox.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 08:45:16 PM »
I don't mind ads but I simply can't stand animation, popups, and anything that moves or changes.  I want to read a PAGE, not navigate 10 TV screens surrounded by a landmine.  The web is all but destroyed by HTML5 and excessive Javascript now.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc