Author Topic: GenMar is a terrible company...  (Read 6594 times)

Offline ThumperStorm

• It's not easy being me...
GenMar is a terrible company...
« on: September 13, 2018, 03:38:31 AM »
I ordered some bar risers for GenMar on August 20th. After waiting for some time I had to try several times to reach them asking where my order was. They finally replied on the 31st, that they where on backorder but should be in the next day. After still not being notified that they had been shipped I again tried several times to get a hold of them without any response. Tonight, Sept. 13th, I happened to be going through my spam folder in my email account and found an email from GenMar from the 6th, saying my order had been cancelled. No explanation for why it was cancelled and I haven't received a refund. I paid through PayPal and now have to open a case with them. What a horrible experience.
"Maybe you ain't in a rut, maybe you're in a ditch, way over your head." Don Marshall

Offline bigdt73

Re: GenMar is a terrible company...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 06:53:17 PM »
:popcorn: :popcorn:

I just looked up Hubris in the dictionary...

that word comes to mind..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubris

I won't be chastised on this site, for anything I say, regarding you making Libel remarks of a vendor, that has treated all of us very well... for like 30+ freaking years...

the world does not revolve around you Mary jane,

so does this sound acceptable?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation

Devil's advocate--What is false about his stated experience?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 07:09:00 PM »
the title of his posting...
 :battle: :hitfan: :doh:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline ThumperStorm

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 07:15:52 PM »
the title of his posting...
 :battle: :hitfan: :doh:

You are entitled to your opinion, please be courteous enough to allow me mine.
"Maybe you ain't in a rut, maybe you're in a ditch, way over your head." Don Marshall

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 08:08:45 PM »

I won't be chastised on this site, for anything I say, regarding you making Libel remarks of a vendor...

Don't hold your breath...  >:(

What some of the relatively new guys and gals may not appreciate is that Gene (GenMar) has been an outstanding supplier for the C-10 for well in excess of 25 years. Even through the "Fish Bait Larry" event 10-15 years ago.

Given that, and given he's probably a 'one man show' getting up there in years, *I* don't have a problem with him gently bowing out of the C-10 market. Other may differ, especially the new members here.

Implying a *new* member is a dick wad for posting a negative review of a long time supplier is just plain (plane?) callous, as we all know the title "Dick Wad" is exclusively yours ;) :rotflmao:  :chugbeer:

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 09:16:57 AM »

Implying a *new* member is a dick wad for posting a negative review of a long time supplier is just plain (plane?) callous, as we all know the title "Dick Wad" is exclusively yours ;) :rotflmao:  :chugbeer:

Rick

Patent Pending, of course...
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 03:57:46 PM »

Rick

I never implied, or said the D/W word....
sorry, and yes, I agree, it took me a long time to become the epitome of D/W's, so please, it's " Mr. D-Wad.." from now on....  peace.

http://youtu.be/RRzsv4vHNDs

https://youtu.be/RRzsv4vHNDs

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 04:33:35 PM »
Hope the OP gets a fair resolution to his issue.  As you've seen, MOB is fairly abrasive on both forums.  Too bad, because he really does have a quite a lot of knowledge about both generations of Concours.  Don't let one irascible old fart run you away from these forums  :stirpot:

Offline ThumperStorm

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 08:14:03 PM »
I paid GenMar for the bar risers $169 on Aug 21st, these are the taller ones with the extended brake line, and are a specialty product, and I have yet to receive a refund from when they cancelled my order. I had bought some regular size bar risers off ebay which were cheaper then the used ones being sold here by other members. Unfortunately they were a substandard product and ill fitting.

I have a trip planned for the end of Sept., about 3 weeks and around 8,000 miles. I told this to GenMar saying I was trying to make my bike as comfortable as possible. I understand things can happen and was very patient, but am not happy with the way they treated me.

At this point I am forced to go on the trip with just what I have. I bought the bike especially for this trip knowing I needed to modify it. GenMar let me down. I have bought a lot of stuff for this trip from quite a few places and did not have any issues except for GenMar.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 06:22:18 AM »
Sorry if I missed this information but what year is your bike?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 09:48:59 AM »
Sorry if I missed this information but what year is your bike?

Hi, my name is Dan. I live in central Minnesota. I just bought a 2001 Concours 1000 yesterday. I've wanted one for years. I have big plans for it. I can already see I'm going to have to modify it a bit to fit me. I'm looking forward to getting the answers to the questions I'm sure to have from this forum and it's members.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 11:34:39 AM »
Tanks.  But that was in another thread...   Good detective work.   

It really does help to have the year of the bike in the thread in question when asking for assistance as some of those years may have had changes involved.   There are other places that sell risers as it looks like the OP isn't going to get his from GenMar anytime soon.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 01:32:16 PM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ThumperStorm

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2018, 10:34:00 PM »
Tanks.  But that was in another thread...   Good detective work.   

It really does help to have the year of the bike in the thread in question when asking for assistance as some of those years may have had changes involved.   There are other places that sell risers as it looks like the OP isn't going to get his from GenMar anytime soon.

Yes it is a 2001, sorry if that needed to be said. I wasn't asking for assistance, just relaying my experience. I know other places sell risers, I have bought some, which I stated earlier, with a bad experience with the fit of those, but as far as I know the ones from GenMar are a specialty item not offered by others. If they would have told me they were on backorder when I first purchased them I would have had time to explore other options such as handlebar adapters. Not enough time now.

K-woppa

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2019, 08:25:45 PM »
Hi,
I'm a moderator at another forum and one of our members seems to be having the same type of experience. The website took his payment last week but there was no acknowledgement of the order and he can't get in contact with them. Since I recommended them to him based on their reputation over the years, I tried to contact them myself today. Neither phone number works. He's gotten no response to his inquiries by email and messaging, either. Does anybody here know what Gen Mar's status is?

K-woppa

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2019, 09:10:18 AM »
I guess no one here knows anything either. It sure looks like the business has been abandoned, because none of the contact info works any more, yet the website is still taking orders. 

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 09:35:39 AM »
File a complaint with the FTC.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2019, 07:03:16 PM »
http://www.genmarmfg.com/

can't say, hopefully nothing tragic happened, they been good folks for many years.. unlike some suppliers.

File a complaint with the FTC.

I wouldn't be that hastey, after watching AST do the same thing, or worse, for the last 10 years running..

If the person that spent the money, isn't revved up enough to be diligent, and call, and try, and when 3 weeks pass.. pull the money back, complaints here don't  accomplish much anymore.

and in reality, the "person" may be the exact same person, that started this thread.... sooooo who really knows?

best of luck.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2019, 06:45:43 AM »
Rich, I don't think six months is being hasty. If the web site is still accepting payment with no human communication somebody needs to pull the plug.

K-woppa

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2019, 11:54:44 AM »
http://www.genmarmfg.com/

can't say, hopefully nothing tragic happened, they been good folks for many years.. unlike some suppliers.

I wouldn't be that hastey, after watching AST do the same thing, or worse, for the last 10 years running..

If the person that spent the money, isn't revved up enough to be diligent, and call, and try, and when 3 weeks pass.. pull the money back, complaints here don't  accomplish much anymore.

and in reality, the "person" may be the exact same person, that started this thread.... sooooo who really knows?

best of luck.

I guarantee it's not the same person who started the thread. A member of my forum asked a few weeks back where to get bar risers and I recommended GenMar. He's still had no communication from them and has initiated the process with Paypal to get his money back.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2019, 09:24:25 PM »
Rich, I don't think six months is being hasty. If the web site is still accepting payment with no human communication somebody needs to pull the plug.

sorry... I'm out/\

posts about "a few weeks/and alternate info trickling in from months back, don't make sense.. I'll call Gene, and ask..

or, you can call...
no shoe in this myself, just don't like "pile on mentality" driving older posts, and downgrading people that have been firm supporters of our group..