Author Topic: WTB LHS Radiator fan for 1400  (Read 1546 times)

Offline banditrider

• Two wheels are all you need!
    • Off for a ride
WTB LHS Radiator fan for 1400
« on: December 31, 2018, 07:31:53 PM »
Hi - long shot of the year...

Need a fan but E-bay not letting me buy from the US.  New prices look horrendous!

Anyone got a LHS fan in good nick that they would love to ship to NZ?

Happy New Year!
'08 Concours 14: Rad guard, Stebel, Oxford Hot grips, Projekt D Screen, Hugger, GPS mount, helmet locks & fender extender, Zumo 550, Stebel, Phil's rack & Givi V46, Sheepskin seat cover, Phillips Extreme vision +100 bulbs.

Offline Freddy

Re: WTB LHS Radiator fan for 1400
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 05:05:00 AM »
The early zx14 came with 1 LHS fan which you should get it to fit without a lot of hassle. Later models have 2 like the GTR.  Also cheap from UK if you can't get locally.

Also, try Find a Part

https://www.findapart.com.au/
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline banditrider

• Off for a ride
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 12:10:42 PM »
Thanks for the link - a bit closer to home :)

Have plugged in a request...
'08 Concours 14: Rad guard, Stebel, Oxford Hot grips, Projekt D Screen, Hugger, GPS mount, helmet locks & fender extender, Zumo 550, Stebel, Phil's rack & Givi V46, Sheepskin seat cover, Phillips Extreme vision +100 bulbs.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 03:43:59 PM »
Hi - long shot of the year...

Need a fan but E-bay not letting me buy from the US.  New prices look horrendous!

Anyone got a LHS fan in good nick that they would love to ship to NZ?

Happy New Year!

https://www.ebay.com/i/400967584111?chn=ps

he also notes he ships world wide (click on details)

but, I don't know if there are other issues.

Best I could do, which I will gladly in the name of my pal "Davo" Jones looking down upon me from the afterlife, would be to say if you want to buy these, and have them shipped to me; I will re-apply a label to send them unopened over to you, and you cover the delivery cost. I can't do much better, but I'd be pleased to assist.

If interested, let me know, p/m me,  I'll give you my mailing address, and you give me yours, and we can go from there. I have no idea the cost for shippin to NZ, but at least it's an option.
Happy new year..

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Freddy

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 05:28:47 PM »
You're a good man MOB.   :thumbs:   I spent a weekend with Davo the year before his demise, at the annual GTR-AUS meet in 2008.  RIP.  We still do the annual meet at a different location each year.  It's a very sociable event, tho numbers are fewer than when Davo himself was around.

I have a similar mailing arrangement with a Triumph forum friend in Indianapolis, probly 2 or 3 times per year.  But it's all one way - in my direction.   :chugbeer:
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline banditrider

• Off for a ride
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 12:19:19 PM »

https://www.ebay.com/i/400967584111?chn=ps

he also notes he ships world wide (click on details)

but, I don't know if there are other issues.

Best I could do, which I will gladly in the name of my pal "Davo" Jones looking down upon me from the afterlife, would be to say if you want to buy these, and have them shipped to me; I will re-apply a label to send them unopened over to you, and you cover the delivery cost. I can't do much better, but I'd be pleased to assist.

If interested, let me know, p/m me,  I'll give you my mailing address, and you give me yours, and we can go from there. I have no idea the cost for shippin to NZ, but at least it's an option.
Happy new year..

Thanks very much for that great offer.  I have already had some replies to my query on the Aussie parts site so might follow up on them first.  If all else fails I might tap you on the shoulder ;)

And if you're ever in NZ - look me up :)

Offline banditrider

• Off for a ride
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 07:33:37 PM »
The early zx14 came with 1 LHS fan which you should get it to fit without a lot of hassle. Later models have 2 like the GTR.  Also cheap from UK if you can't get locally.

Also, try Find a Part

https://www.findapart.com.au/

Hi, thanks again for the link.

I got 3 hits and finally got one here this week.  Installed it this morning and bike is as sweet as a nut again :)

https://banditrider.blogspot.com/2019/01/that-little-stone.html