Author Topic: Photography  (Read 7260 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Photography
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2015, 07:01:56 AM »
Nice shots Tzigane! Were is that beach? And yes I want to see more of the caddie as well.  ;D

Offline Tzigane

• Photography
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2015, 07:10:25 AM »
Thanks! :)
The beach is near Burgh-Haamstede, Zeeland - The Netherlands.

I couldn't tell you anything about the car.
(I don't drive a car, don't even have my license. To me all cars are the same; ugly, expensive, claustrophobic, slow and two wheels too many)
But here are some photos!  ;D

Photography : www.masque-obscura.nl

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2015, 07:26:47 AM »
1959? Fleetwood. Now that's a classic! But seriously, the pics of the bride are outstanding.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2015, 08:43:46 AM »
Fins....I like fins.  Any car with fins is ok with me.  My first car had fins.   Small ones, but fins nevertheless.  63 Ford Fairlane.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2015, 08:51:49 AM »
Fins....I like fins.  Any car with fins is ok with me.  My first car had fins.   Small ones, but fins nevertheless.  63 Ford Fairlane.

Fins work. Why not bring fins back? Everything today looks the same.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 09:17:47 AM »
+2 never had one but always liked the 57 Chevy

Offline Leo

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 10:00:55 AM »
I think you are right about the 1959 Cadillac brand.  I have never seen the contrasting color side scoops on the rear fenders before.  Too bad by then they had dropped the rounded cone shape pointed bumper details that the 1955 had.  For some reason I always liked them.  The tail fins are a bold statement from a time when America could make bold statements.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:35:34 AM by Leo »
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 09:23:30 PM »
Glad to hear you are having fun taking pictures!  :)

The 35mm f/1.8 is a nice lens to have, just be careful around high-contrast lines in your photo, the CA is pretty pronounced.

I hope the weather will change for the better soon... I don't like studio photography, I use available light, but it's too cold and wet here to put ladies out there in thin dresses...

+1

Great for its intended purposes. But for people and such maybe not the best choice due to barrel distortion (not quite "fish eye" but similar).  Sometimes we purposely want the distortion for certain effects.  Like my old man looking behemoth Connie made a crazier pic with the effect of 35mm.  I ended up selling the lens because I do mostly studio/model photography, but i miss that lens terribly!

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Tzigane

• Photography
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2015, 01:04:13 AM »
I found the distortion easy to fix in Lightroom but ended up selling because the CA was quite pronounced, and way less easy to fix. I don't have much use for it now anyway since I use  fullframe cameras.

Nice photo of the C14! :D
Photography : www.masque-obscura.nl