Author Topic: new C14 owner here  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Jgiacobbe

new C14 owner here
« on: May 31, 2019, 12:51:40 PM »
Bought a 2012 ex police C14 a couple weeks ago and had a shipper pick it up. It was delivered Sunday. I took it for a short 60 minute test ride. I like it. Very different animal from the other bikes I've owned. I've had stuff from a WR250R to a VFR800 Vtec but my current garage has a 2009 DL650, a Versys-X 300 and now this 2012 C14. Just so solid and planted along with being powerful.

Anyway, I'll have a solo Corbin seat and the radio box up in the market place soon. The leather on the Corbin is a bit worn but the seat is comfortable.

My new to me C14 does suffer from all the normal C14 ailments, leaking valve cover, low TPMS batteries and F1 light. In addition to those, it also is missing a horn and the connector for the city lights was MIA. Last night I managed to find the horn leads and the city light leads but the connectors had been removed. I have a gasket set coming for murphskits and will be going in for a valve check since I have to fix the gaskets anyway. I'll be changing all the fluids and putting a new PR4GT on the front. The rear is a Bridgestone Bt-21 that looks fairly new. I'll keep it until it wears out and then swap for a PR4GT. I'm hoping the F1 light can be remedied by cleaning up all the ground connections. For the TPMS sensors, I'll try my hand at swapping the batteries as I swap tires.

The front police bars were removed but it still has the MC enterprises bars on the back. A bit of searching and it looks like the R&G adventure bars are the only things readily available unless I wanted to just go with sliders for protection.

I'll try and post some pictures in a bit.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: new C14 owner here
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 02:51:57 PM »
Bought a 2012 ex police C14 a couple weeks ago and had a shipper pick it up. It was delivered Sunday. I took it for a short 60 minute test ride. I like it. Very different animal from the other bikes I've owned. I've had stuff from a WR250R to a VFR800 Vtec but my current garage has a 2009 DL650, a Versys-X 300 and now this 2012 C14. Just so solid and planted along with being powerful.

Anyway, I'll have a solo Corbin seat and the radio box up in the market place soon. The leather on the Corbin is a bit worn but the seat is comfortable.

My new to me C14 does suffer from all the normal C14 ailments, leaking valve cover, low TPMS batteries and F1 light. In addition to those, it also is missing a horn and the connector for the city lights was MIA. Last night I managed to find the horn leads and the city light leads but the connectors had been removed. I have a gasket set coming for murphskits and will be going in for a valve check since I have to fix the gaskets anyway. I'll be changing all the fluids and putting a new PR4GT on the front. The rear is a Bridgestone Bt-21 that looks fairly new. I'll keep it until it wears out and then swap for a PR4GT. I'm hoping the F1 light can be remedied by cleaning up all the ground connections. For the TPMS sensors, I'll try my hand at swapping the batteries as I swap tires.

The front police bars were removed but it still has the MC enterprises bars on the back. A bit of searching and it looks like the R&G adventure bars are the only things readily available unless I wanted to just go with sliders for protection.

I'll try and post some pictures in a bit.

:battle: :battle:

HEY... didn't I say I had Dibs on that seat, and rear box.....???? dude...... :rotflmao:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Jgiacobbe

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 06:11:09 PM »
:battle: :battle:

HEY... didn't I say I had Dibs on that seat, and rear box.....???? dude...... :rotflmao:

It isn't like I posted it for sale. I did unbolt it last night.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 06:45:52 PM »
just kidding jeremy...
 :rotflmao: :banana :finger_fing11:

shoot me an address, and I'll send you a cam sensor o-ring, I think I have 4 sitting here.. same as what comes in Murph's kit....

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Jgiacobbe

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 07:28:23 PM »
I already have the kit from Murphys coming.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 01:47:40 PM »
Impressive first post! Other than still no pics. I wanted to see how worn the seat is. Just for S and Gs. ;D
The grass isn't always greener.