Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 457414 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #2000 on: April 11, 2020, 05:42:40 PM »
I can imagine Max changing his browser setting now...   :stirpot:

I don't notice anything different.  I guess that is good.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2001 on: April 11, 2020, 08:58:08 PM »
Brown-noser.

Yes, but he's got a get out of jail free card.....do you?   ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2002 on: April 11, 2020, 09:01:49 PM »
It's not easy trying to add something to a pic like flames or anything else.  I've been working on it for a few days using Gimp.  Gimp is open source freeware.  I could use Adobe but that is astronomical in price.  I'm also not that artistic but I'm trying.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #2003 on: April 12, 2020, 05:30:45 AM »

Yes, but he's got a get out of jail free card.....do you?   ;)
Uh...no.
 :hail: :hail:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2004 on: April 12, 2020, 06:20:45 AM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2005 on: May 13, 2020, 04:59:28 PM »
Shirts without pockets...and buying said item without paying attention to that detail. >:(

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2006 on: May 13, 2020, 06:52:23 PM »
Shirts without pockets...and buying said item without paying attention to that detail. >:(

HA!

That happened to me in a BIG way.  What stupid ass-hat decided to make men's dress shirts without a pocket?  I bought 6 of those faulty things, they were a great price.  Unpacked them all, washed them, and THEN discovered they had no pocket.  I marched them right back to the store and demanded a refund.  Fortunately, they complied.  They told me they had LOTS of returns.  This was years ago.  Why would any sane person look to see if it has a pocket?  I certainly do NOW.  Apparently this stupid pocketless trend still continues, because it is somehow "fashionable."

Now, at work, I laugh every time I see someone wearing one of those stupid shirts.  With name badges clipped to collars or ties, and carrying a pens their hands, they are questioned by me and said they hate it "but it was a gift" or "they didn't know" or "couldn't return it" or "wife thought it was cute" or whatnot.

Just this past Christmas, my aunt gave me such a shirt.  When I got home, didn't even need to open it to tell.  It went straight in a bag for the Salvation Army.   Right next to another shirt a family member gave me that was NOT PERMANENT PRESS!  As if I am going to iron a shirt.  NOT.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #2007 on: May 13, 2020, 09:08:20 PM »
Why would I need a work shirt with a pocket?
I don't use a pocket protector.
I don't carry a pen.
I don't wear a name badge on my shirt.
I have pockets in my jeans.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2008 on: May 14, 2020, 05:37:39 AM »
Why would I need a work shirt with a pocket?
I don't use a pocket protector.
I don't carry a pen.
I don't wear a name badge on my shirt.
I have pockets in my jeans.

Does it hurt to have a pocket, even if you don't use it?

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #2009 on: May 14, 2020, 08:22:08 AM »
It certainly doesn't hurt, but knowing you're laughing at me when I walk by because I sometimes don't have a pocket on my work shirt... I've never thought about laughing at someone who has a pocket, I don't even laugh at myself for not having a pocket when I look in the mirror. I do however laugh at myself for many other things, and cry when I look at my lack of hair on my head every morning.  ;D
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2010 on: May 14, 2020, 04:26:06 PM »
It certainly doesn't hurt, but knowing you're laughing at me when I walk by because I sometimes don't have a pocket on my work shirt...

Well, it is a silent "inside laugh"....

and cry when I look at my lack of hair on my head every morning.  ;D

I can certainly relate to THAT.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #2011 on: May 14, 2020, 05:54:05 PM »
Does it hurt to have a pocket, even if you don't use it?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :goodpost: :goodpost:

Having a shirt with an unused pocket, is much better than having a shirt, with NO pocket, when you want a pocket.. pant's pockets are not the same.. hell... would they make Pants, without pockets.. (never mind, I saw people wearing them at WalMart..)  ::) ::)

I don't work.. but when I did, as a professional, I WAS allowed to wear whatever I wanted.. most commonly "brightly colored, profusely printed, Hawaiian shirts.. just love them, been my trademark for like 35 years in engineering.. many don't come with pockets.. bums me out.. I smoke, and want a safe domain for my Camel Straights..  but even that aside, now, a place for safe storage of my Cell Phone.. which we all NOW have become dependent on.. I don't even wear a watch anymore, because someone much less smart, that worked in my shop, asked me ..." why do you wear a watch, and carry a cell phone... dude.. ?"... he really made some amazingly simple comment, that changed my life.  think about it.. you always have the "time", and also weather, traffic, etc., .....DOH.....

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2012 on: June 12, 2020, 08:19:00 AM »
My 2013 Prius V battery pack has to be replaced.  This makes me crazy and annoyed.   The wifey called me two days ago on the way home from work and the dash on the Prius lit up like a Christmas tree.  Code was P3011 (1 battery bank low voltage).  I'm thinking this is a battery swap but I need a better diagnosis than the Internet.  Thankfully the car does not go into limp mode but the engine is on all the time and some loss of function occurs such as cruise.  I'm talking to my friend over lunch yesterday who whips out his phone and says why don't you try these people Hybrid 911.  Their price to come out and install the pack is 1400 and includes 1 year of warranty.  Well, let's see what good old Toyota wants.......$4400.  Must be gold batteries and the warranty is only one year as well.  I would have thought that the price on those packs would have decreased over time.  Labor isn't a factor as Hybrid 911 does it in an hour at your home.  Toyota's OEM original warranty is 10 years or 100000 miles.  We have 150,000 miles on that vehicle.  No warranty in place now.  This is our second Prius.  The first one went nearly 10 years and close to 300,000 miles without an incident with the traction batteries.  The lady at Hybrid 911 says to tell Toyota to reset the codes so that it is more driveable.  Forgot to do that but I have a code scanner that can so I do that and function has returned to the vehicle temporarily until it sets the codes again.  I think that the recall the car had within the last year allowed the car to drive normally after that code was set.  Thank goodness I had that done.  The warranty on the battery pack from Hybrid 911 has to be renewed yearly at $230 per year, but at least it can be extended.  They are supposed to come out next week to replace it. https://hybridbattery911.com/

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2013 on: June 12, 2020, 09:36:27 AM »
My 2013 Prius V battery pack has to be replaced.  This makes me crazy and annoyed.

Lots of people fail to think about TCO (total cost ownership) of products.  Proprietary battery packs are really expensive.

their price to come out and install the pack is 1400 and includes 1 year of warranty.  Well, let's see what good old Toyota wants.......$4400 and the warranty is only one year as well..  Must be gold batteries

Well, if there isn't much competition, it is a guaranteed revenue stream for them.  It is surprising that paying that much wouldn't include another reasonable warranty from Toyota, though.  $4400 is around 2,200 gallons of gas... at 50MPG that would pay for 110,000 miles :)

I would have thought that the price on those packs would have decreased over time.

Not necessarily when "they got 'cha" :)  Could be much worse- if you had an electric car (like a Tesla), those battery packs can run as high as $10,000.  But they were much higher and still seem to be falling, which is good.

The warranty on the battery pack from Hybrid 911 has to be renewed yearly at $230 per year

Wow, that is a lot for a $1400 part (16.4%).  Makes the discounted Concours extended warranty seem like a steal- about $120 a year to cover a $14,000 to $16,000 investment (0.7%).

They are supposed to come out next week to replace it.

Good luck!  I am glad you found an alternative and hope it is the same quality as the Toyota part (or at least 1/3 the quality for break-even).

Offline JP

« Reply #2014 on: June 15, 2020, 11:43:22 PM »
One piece bathing suits, female ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2015 on: June 16, 2020, 05:38:11 AM »
T-Mobile.   Never have I payed so little for so little.  Have had nothing but issues with them since I switched from Verizon.  Quite frankly their (T-Mobile) network sucks unless you live under one of their towers like a Troll.  I switched from Verizon because they were so expensive.  No issues with them other than that.  Going back to them in the next few weeks.  It's worth the extra money.  Never had service issues with them and could just about always make a call anywhere.  T-Mobile makes a big deal about buying Sprint but I equate that to Sears buying K-Mart.  We know how that worked out.  Great ideas.  I had Sprint when I worked with IBM and it made T-Mobile look like the Cadillac of providers.

Their explanation of yesterday's debacle was 'It was an IP traffic issue'....really?  I'm in IT and WTF does that mean?  That means nothing.  Were they attacked?  Did some of their techs change something unwisely?  Is it something to do with Sprint?  I really think they did something and it went very badly and cascaded across their network.  A-holes.

My phone is unlocked.  Just tried to unlock my wife's and it's having 'server' issues.   Coincidence?  I think not.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #2016 on: June 16, 2020, 05:40:58 AM »
One piece bathing suits, female ;)

Not all.  4th of July is coming...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2017 on: June 16, 2020, 06:43:09 AM »
God bless the Red, White, and Blue!!!    :P
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2018 on: June 16, 2020, 02:54:58 PM »
T-Mobile.   Never have I payed so little for so little.  Have had nothing but issues with them since I switched from Verizon.  Quite frankly their (T-Mobile) network sucks unless you live under one of their towers like a Troll.  I switched from Verizon because they were so expensive.  No issues with them other than that.

I have had no issues at all with T-Mobile for many years now.  Before that I was on Sprint for many, many years and had all kinds of never ending problems.  Which is why I switched.  I think it does matter greatly where you are located.

Going back to them in the next few weeks.  It's worth the extra money.  Never had service issues with them and could just about always make a call anywhere.

T-Mobile has had some nationwide issues yesterday (not sure if also today), and it is the only major problem I have ever heard about.  So if that is your breaking point, I would advise not deciding based primarily on that, it is not at all typical.  Whatever the problem is, it was also affecting Cox and many other landline phone companies.

T-Mobile makes a big deal about buying Sprint but I equate that to Sears buying K-Mart.  We know how that worked out.

Actually, K-Mart bought Sears.

I had Sprint when I worked with IBM and it made T-Mobile look like the Cadillac of providers.

Indeed.  That has been my worry is that this "integrating" of Sprint into T-Mobile might pull T-Mobile down.

Their explanation of yesterday's debacle was 'It was an IP traffic issue'....really?  I'm in IT and WTF does that mean?  That means nothing.  Were they attacked?  Did some of their techs change something unwisely?  Is it something to do with Sprint?  I really think they did something and it went very badly and cascaded across their network.  A-holes.

Again, it was nation-wide and they have never had a major outage/issue like this before with T-Mobile, and it was not limited to T-Mobile.  We had problems at work with Cox phone services, too.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2019 on: June 16, 2020, 05:48:03 PM »
T-Mobile has had some nationwide issues yesterday (not sure if also today), and it is the only major problem I have ever heard about. 

Best info so far was that it was from 12pm yesterday to about 1am this morning (13 hours).

"The outage may have been self-inflicted when T-Mobile was making network configuration changes. Cloudflare CEO Matthew Prince last night tweeted that T-Mobile was "making some changes to their network configurations today. Unfortunately, it went badly. The result has been for around the last 6 hours a series of cascading failures for their users, impacting both their voice and data networks." "

How this ties into possible other failures affecting other phone-related communications, I am not sure (not yet anyway).  Could have just been coincidence, or not even true.