Author Topic: Harley Mufflers on my '05 C10  (Read 13365 times)

Offline dansidecar

Re: Harley Mufflers on my '05 C10
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 01:04:43 AM »
Whoo hooo just installed 1340 dyna pipes seems alittle shorter than homeboys 1450 dyna pipe but i like the short look . I was  excited to hear the pipes on i just snuggly stuck them on with exhaust gaskets sheet on without tightening he t clamps. Wow sounds like and r1 with andropvic pipes . Not overly loud to wake up the neighbors but there is a unleased growl at idle and maybe acceleration i have to wait for the permatex gold to cure . I will show pics and sound clip in a couple of days

Offline dansidecar

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 07:13:04 PM »
Pics of my 99 with harley 1340 dyna exhaust

Offline dansidecar

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 07:41:26 PM »
Pic only not enough space allowed

Offline dansidecar

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 08:07:28 PM »
You hear sound clip on YouTube type zg1000 kawasaki concours sound clip

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
Did you do your bags and wheels with Plasti-Dip?
How's it holding up?
How many coats?

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline dansidecar

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2014, 05:10:13 PM »
Yep plastic dip 4 light coats saddlebags and wheels very forgiving paint no chips or peels except when changing tires but that is minimal. Because their techniques. not scratching rim very surprised by this product it take alot of abrasion I dipped the plastic housing surrounding the ignition key assembly and not even a scratch after 1year of abuse . Easy to touch up homedepot for $5 a can even put it on truck exhaust tips and still there I have uses armour all for that nice sheen no problems thinking of dipping the chrome Harley pipes if no like off it goes

Offline dhidaka

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2014, 05:27:35 PM »
Whoo hooo just installed 1340 dyna pipes seems alittle shorter than homeboys 1450 dyna pipe but i like the short look .

I was unaware that HD had a shorty version of their Dyna mufflers. I do not know the year model of my mufflers, but the left muffler (as installed on my C10) is inscribed with "system 66413-00" and "for model FXD-1450." FXD is Harley speak for "Dyna Superglide." The muffler measures 24" over-all-length. For what it worth the tip of the muffler, as installed, extends about 3 1/4-3 1/2" past the center-line of the rear axle. I thought this information might be helpful to anyone who desires to look for and install the longer muffler.

BTW: I forgot to mention in my earlier posts is that Harley engineered an exhaust balance tube between the two exhaust systems. (A balance system is factory installed in C10's.) You will find a small stub on each muffler where the balance system connects. You must cut the stubs off and weld in a small plug. A washer will do fine. This is not difficult if you have a TIG welder (heli-arc). Fortunately, I do. TIG welding is necessary to avoid too much heat, possibly ruining the chrome finish. A person competent in MIG (wire feed) welding might be able to do the task. In either case, this would be an inexpensive task for any weld shop.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2014, 09:18:16 PM »
Did you do your bags and wheels with Plasti-Dip?
How's it holding up?
How many coats?

Hey MOB not to hijack the thread but I coated the wood stock on a couple AK's, as well as some plastic parts with Duplicolor Spray-On Truckbed liner and I've been real pleased with how its holding up and it looks all but professionally done....
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Yamahawk

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2014, 06:24:10 AM »
I thought the fishtail dyna mufflers looked cool, so I picked up a set from a 1986 Dyna 1340, they are the shorter version, and also the california emissions, evidently, with the catalytic converter built in, they are like new, but was wondering if the cat in each one will be any problem with flow or with clogging up with soot. Any ideas about these mufflers? I am going to slice off the one mount block, and weld it to the opposite side and cover the area of surgery with the heat shield that came on the muffler. Should look cool, and sound good, I hope!

Offline dhidaka

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2014, 11:03:55 AM »
I thought the fishtail dyna mufflers looked cool, so I picked up a set from a 1986 Dyna 1340, they are the shorter version, and also the california emissions, evidently, with the catalytic converter built in, they are like new, but was wondering if the cat in each one will be any problem with flow or with clogging up with soot. Any ideas about these mufflers?

You should not have any problems with unleaded gas. Lead is death to a catalytic converter.

Offline dansidecar

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2014, 12:11:28 PM »
Wow I didnt think about fishtails please post pics when done 8) by the way I plastic dip my exhaust black to match the dipped rims and like the look might be starting something and the cog gods are turning in their graves ha ha 8)

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2014, 04:23:36 PM »
Fishtails on a Concours? The horror!   
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2014, 06:14:07 PM »
We've been looking for mufflers to use on a Connie for years that were "inexpensive, not too loud, and looked good"..
Whowouldathought that Harley Mufflers would be a solution..

I are impressed!

Would love to hear them...

Ride safe, Ted