Author Topic: Ever have one of those days/weeks?  (Read 2092 times)

Offline zsiska

• Arena
Ever have one of those days/weeks?
« on: October 28, 2011, 03:21:54 AM »
So in the course of a week,  the heater core went in my Taurus along with an oil leak starting and the power steering hose blowing.  The Expedition won't start and needs a new fuel pump.  The starter on the Vstar went out.  And yesterday my mom got news about a lump that they kept telling her was just a cyst in her breast.  Well guess what, it isn't just a cyst.  And I feel so bad for her because she just went through colon and rectal cancer about 10 years ago.  Now this.  That just topped my week off.

Offline jayke

Re: Ever have one of those days/weeks?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 04:47:57 AM »
Not compared to you.  Hang in there  :)

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 07:12:59 AM »
Wow.  Tough week.  You and your mom are in my prayers.

I can't quite bring myself to pray for your Taurus, Expedition, or VStar, though.   ;)
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 08:04:03 AM »
I'm gonna shut up and quit complaining now. Prayers for your Mom.
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Son of Pappy

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 08:43:13 AM »
Prayers for you and your mom.  Stay positive, it'll help keep you strong.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 09:10:09 AM »
Sorry about your mom Zak.  Let me know if you need help on the cars, I can come by if you need me to.  Mine and Donna's thoughts are with you guys.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 10:57:00 AM »
Thanks to everyone.  Pretty sure they probably caught it in time to be curable.  It bothers me more that this is round 2 of cancer for her and the first time around the treatments were hard on her.  Then about a year ago she had the month + stay in the hospital from the botched colonoscopy that she had to have her colon shortened and reconstructed and then got blood poisoning from the dirty port in her skin.  I am more concerned about the depression and worries she is about to go through.  She is the type that will honestly worry herself to death one day.  My dad, myself and my older sister are the exact opposite.  We just kind of let things ride.  We are the type that if we got diagnosed with something like that, we are taking out as much as we can and heading off on vacation to enjoy whatever time we may or may not have left and not worrying at all about it.  And I think that is what makes it so hard to see mom like that.  Because she is the opposite and just isn't the same person under the circumstances.

Sorry about your mom Zak.  Let me know if you need help on the cars, I can come by if you need me to.  Mine and Donna's thoughts are with you guys.

The cars will get fixed whenever.  I replaced the steering hoses the day it happened.  And the heater core will get done when it gets done.  Ford put a bypass on it for that very reason so it is still drivable.  Just a little chilly.  And the oil leak isn't to bad yet so I will let that ride  until I have more time.   Thanks for teh offer though.  And I still have old reliable Conny to get where I need to go.  The oldest thing in my lineup and it is the most reliable.

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 02:40:38 AM »
Zak, prayers for your mom. Continuous medical problems are one of life's curses. Staying positive is the best defense against the medical onslaught.

If you have days that get overwhelming, take a ride. Better yet, take your mom for a long ride.