Author Topic: Who Has a Half Cover?  (Read 8391 times)

Offline oldsmoboat

Who Has a Half Cover?
« on: August 29, 2012, 07:31:57 PM »
What size is it?  Mainly want to cover windscreen/dash, tank and seat.
Want to get one for when I ride to work.  Full cover takes up too much room on the ride there and back.
Mainly want to cover windscreen/dash, tank and seat.

http://www.amazon.com/Nelson-Rigg-UV2000-Half-Cover-UV-2000-03-LG/dp/B000GTV7HA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346290114&sr=8-1&keywords=motorcycle+half+cover

http://www.amazon.com/CoverMax-Motorcycle-Half-Cover-Medium/dp/B000GZLFVM/ref=sr_1_56?ie=UTF8&qid=1346290090&sr=8-56&keywords=motorcycle+cover

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
Re: Who Has a Half Cover?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 09:28:02 PM »
Check out the COG merchandise page I know they used to have them because I won one as a door prize at the Wildflower Ride a few years ago. Very handy keeping the sun off of the dash and tank at work.
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 08:53:37 PM »
I use a WPS brand half-cover...it's an XL...has it's own little stuff bag...8" x 7" x 3"...fits over upper fairing, engine, instruments, seat, side covers, saddlebags, and Givi Maxia trunk...down to about the bottom of the license plate...has a couple of elastic loops to fasten around the footpegs, etc...protects from sun and dust...and keeps things "out of sight...out of mind"...

HTH...
'02 C-10

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 04:16:46 AM »
I use a WPS brand half-cover...it's an XL...has it's own little stuff bag...8" x 7" x 3"...fits over upper fairing, engine, instruments, seat, side covers, saddlebags, and Givi Maxia trunk...down to about the bottom of the license plate...has a couple of elastic loops to fasten around the footpegs, etc...protects from sun and dust...and keeps things "out of sight...out of mind"...

HTH...
Hmmmm WPS.  Surely that wouldnt happen to be Western Power Sports LOL
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 04:32:20 AM »
 ::)
'02 C-10

Offline GVmerle

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 07:28:23 PM »
I have been using the Geza on all my bikes for several years and love it.  Not waterproof if that is what you are looking for but lightweight, compact and easy on and off.

Offline F-106

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 09:29:46 AM »
I have the covermax on my 06. Works great and it come with a bag to keep it in . With the trunk off it will cover the bags with the trunk on it does not but does provide airflow between the set and the cover during summer months. It is reversable, black on one side and silver on the other.
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline oldsmoboat

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 01:10:59 PM »
I have the covermax on my 06. Works great and it come with a bag to keep it in . With the trunk off it will cover the bags with the trunk on it does not but does provide airflow between the set and the cover during summer months. It is reversable, black on one side and silver on the other.
It's the medium sized one?

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 02:25:07 PM »
Covermax from motorcyclecloseouts.com

14, but the bikes aren't that different in size. I bought the biggest one.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline F-106

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 06:22:39 PM »
Yes that is what the tag says.
It's the medium sized one?
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 08:59:27 PM »
THE COG tour king half cover has been my favorite for many years, especially sibce it was a door prize from my first Run With The Wolf rally....
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/cart/Details.cfm?clubID=1328&cart=83987030&mID=289642&ProdID=796&category=227

well worth it, rolls up to the size of a pop can.

oh, and it fits the C14 nicely also!!!

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline JDM

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 11:09:46 AM »
I had this made up as a rain cover at PARKER ENTERPRISES, Harrison, AR. It is made from heavy Codura Nylon and the best quality made in the USA. They should have the pattern for mine, which is designed to cover my tank bag as well.  These folks are very flexible when it comes to working with you on your design  and they can also do monogramming.   http://www.parkerems.com/aboutus.htm    JD

P.S. This is Bev, JD's other half. I couldn't help but notice that Man of Blues has a shop just as organized as JD's.
If you have seen heaven, I am sure something scared the hell out of you.

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 11:19:55 AM »
Go to Walmart, get a childs bed wetter fitted sheet.  Fits perfect and you can get some cool graphics   ;D  I bought a white one, then with a sharpie put the COG Logo on the front.  COG frugality
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 01:12:38 PM »
P.S. This is Bev, JD's other half. I couldn't help but notice that Man of Blues has a shop just as organized as JD's.

hehehheheh Bev, I could find everything I needed in 3 seconds in that shop..... not so much in my new one, mostly everything is boxed up after my move.... :-[ :(

it'll all get sorted out shortly tho. ;D ;D ;D

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..