Author Topic: So, where did ZG go?  (Read 69740 times)

Offline twowheeladdict

So, where did ZG go?
« on: February 05, 2015, 01:27:28 PM »
He hasn't been on here since last November.  Was wondering what the next iteration of the Connie was going to be.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: So, where did ZG go?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 01:51:37 PM »
Been wondering the same. He's got to have another color by now ;)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 02:53:58 PM »
I think he left, currently he is on the other forum. I think I know why he left, but it doesn't really matter I guess.
Brian has left the other one and I'm pretty sure I have as well, unless they make some changes over there sometime soon.
We each have to make decisions based on whether a forum is contributing to our lives or detracting from them.

:yikes:....Look!, some guy named fartymarty is getting all serious and philosophical on the internet.  :P

OH WAIT! HERE HE IS: http://fartymarty.smugmug.com/Other/COG-National-2014/i-PCWK2B2/0/O/IMG_0493_WHERE_IS_ZG.jpg

Gumby may have more details he can share.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 05:35:56 PM »
When I first got my bike I visited, or should say signed up, and before I had a chance to look around and decide if it was for me or not, I got a private message asking for money.

Oh well,  will just have to imagine what his next color will be.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 06:27:44 PM »
Life is funny. Now what is really funny about this post is that you referenced people leaving 'the other one', and in the near- center, foreground of the very photo you posted a link to is none other than Glenn, the marketing director for 'the other one'.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yep, personality conflicts. Chet left too (Son of Pappy) when ZG did. Mine was with der fuhrer, et al. (hmmmm, should I capitalize the first letter of fuhrer? I will check in with Miss Manners and get back to everyone on this....).

Hey, there was a best seller by the name of 'You Can't Go Home Again', right?

Marty, want me to have Kirby cheer you up?

Brian

I think he left, currently he is on the other forum. I think I know why he left, but it doesn't really matter I guess.
Brian has left the other one and I'm pretty sure I have as well, unless they make some changes over there sometime soon.
We each have to make decisions based on whether a forum is contributing to our lives or detracting from them.

:yikes:....Look!, some guy named fartymarty is getting all serious and philosophical on the internet.  :P

OH WAIT! HERE HE IS: http://fartymarty.smugmug.com/Other/COG-National-2014/i-PCWK2B2/0/O/IMG_0493_WHERE_IS_ZG.jpg

Gumby may have more details he can share.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 07:04:06 PM »
Marty, want me to have Kirby cheer you up?

Thanks for offering Kirby's services.  ;D :thumbs:  I am disappointed, but I'm not depressed. They may change over there, or they may not, as long as one of my bikes starts and runs I should be able to continue on with a smile.  But yeah, I do miss ZG and SOP here. I don't know if anyone there will admit it, but I think you're missed over there as well Brian.

.... and in the near- center, foreground of the very photo you posted a link to is none other than Glenn, the marketing director for 'the other one'.
Don't know the man.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 08:03:39 PM »
some support both forums.  my pet peeve is steering wheels mounted on the wrong side of cars, and neither forum promotes such  ;D

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline tomp

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 09:12:12 PM »
some support both forums.  my pet peeve is steering wheels mounted on the wrong side of cars, and neither forum promotes such  ;D

This one does.  I enjoy the humor and thoughts from that side of the pond.   Been a Benny Hill and Monty Python freak for over 4 decades now... tp   www.gtr1400.co.uk   

Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 05:57:11 AM »
For those that do not know, ZG and Gumby both left for the same silly (IMO) reason. Neither one of them like Max, in fact they both had Max on their ignore list here. When Max was promoted to Admin they left. ZG said that he might come back but Gumby didn't say anything of the sort. I think that Gumby has posted here since though...

Don't get me wrong. I like all three, Gumby, Max, and ZG (notice the alphabetized order  ;) ) and I think that they are great guys. Personally I thought that Max was a very good choice for Admin. Gumby and ZG didn't like the choice so they left.   

To each their own...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 06:14:19 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that. With any large group of people there are bound to be people you get along with better than others. But for me, life is way too short to worry about it. I don't know any of them personally but have gotten great advice and entertainment from all of them. I wish they would come back.  :'(

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 06:27:37 AM »
This happens on every kind of forum...I belong to an atv forum and we had the same issue with one person that started to annoy some by preaching what he felt we should all be doing in life. I still visit both forums as there is lots of info.

Brian...you enjoying this cold and snow in RI? I feel like my bike is getting moved further in the garage behind the snow blower. One shocking thing I have seen at work is a yzf600 parked in the garage for the last 2 weeks, I suspect the person had been riding it to work and maybe abandoned that after that "blizzard"

As for ZG..i have loved checking out his assortment of colors and always wondered what would be next.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 07:24:11 AM »

I don't think he is smiling because of the car he is in.
My Concours Travels:

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 08:40:18 AM »
I still visit both forums, so I didn't even notice that anybody left. ZG put a lot of forum miles on, so it's too bad that he left.

The COG forum has some blatantly arrogant members that I find really annoying.
It's kinda like a cult, except there's half a dozen Reverend Jim Jones...LOL.
I could easily give it up....it's been downright boring since BDF left anyway. :o

This forum is better anyway.

For those that do not know, ZG and Gumby both left for the same silly (IMO) reason. Neither one of them like Max, in fact they both had Max on their ignore list here. 

I didn't even know there was such a thing as an "Ignore List"...LOL. Cool. Not that I'll use it, but I like the idea.

Don't get me wrong. I like all three, Gumby, Max, and ZG (notice the alphabetized order  ;) )

That's a sign of OCD by the way...LOL>
or CDO if you prefer (in alphabetical order ;D :o)

Rem
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 08:52:39 AM »
I've used both forums and I have no problem with the other forum but I prefer the Wild West with a strong, sword carrying, sheriff forum.  8)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 09:01:17 AM »
JT, thanks for sending me the link to this over on COG!  :chugbeer:

What's up brutha's n sista's!! All is well with me, yes I still have my ZG and am still finding ways to throw $ at her like she's a dirty stripper working the late night Thursday shift!  ;D :P

True, I haven't been on this forum for awhile, I've made a change in how much forum time I spend online and have been really busy with work and life in general. I have no hate or ill will for this forum, it's all good and so are you folks!
 :grouphug:

I agree with some of the comments about COG, trust me it ain't perfect, but neither is my family, my workplace, or this this forum. If you can weed through the BS stuff there is still some pretty cool things. Like the rally's for one, for those of you that don't go on the COG forum you should at least go there to get the info for this years National rally, you don't have to be a member to go to the rally's. It's gonna be a blast, great location, great roads, great scenery, good folks, and lots n lots of fun night's for an entire week!!
 :chugbeer: :chugbeer:

Take care, be well, and hope to see ya at the National this year! I'll try to stop in over here every now and then to keep you buffoon's in check!  ;) ;D

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 09:07:43 AM »
Great to hear to hear from you ZG! Glad hear all is well. We miss your "colorful" posts.  ;D

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 09:34:02 AM »
By some, perhaps. I miss some of them too. Then again, I am easy to find.... I am right here!

Brian

Thanks for offering Kirby's services.  ;D :thumbs:  I am disappointed, but I'm not depressed. They may change over there, or they may not, as long as one of my bikes starts and runs I should be able to continue on with a smile.  But yeah, I do miss ZG and SOP here. I don't know if anyone there will admit it, but I think you're missed over there as well Brian.
Don't know the man.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 09:38:02 AM »
Hey, good to see you here Jay, it has been a while! Great to hear that all is well in your world.

Brian

JT, thanks for sending me the link to this over on COG!  :chugbeer:

What's up brutha's n sista's!! All is well with me, yes I still have my ZG and am still finding ways to throw $ at her like she's a dirty stripper working the late night Thursday shift!  ;D :P

<snip>

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 10:03:30 AM »
Yep, loving it! I like winter anyway, it is spring and the deep part of summer that I could do without. Like if April was connected to September, and the next five months were September again, then right back to October and frost overnight with full- blown winter on the way. Ahhhhhh.

Brian

<snip>

Brian...you enjoying this cold and snow in RI? I feel like my bike is getting moved further in the garage behind the snow blower. One shocking thing I have seen at work is a yzf600 parked in the garage for the last 2 weeks, I suspect the person had been riding it to work and maybe abandoned that after that "blizzard"

As for ZG..i have loved checking out his assortment of colors and always wondered what would be next.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 10:09:05 AM »
And therein lies the really, really great news: "they" are 'over there' rather than over here, with very few exceptions. And there are not enough of the exceptions to form the pack mentality here so it works out. I mean, if we absolutely have to have schmucks in the world, is it not better that they restrict themselves to one part of that world and avoid the rest of it? And besides, this forum is moderated by decent people who would simply not tolerate what goes on there....

Brian

I still visit both forums, so I didn't even notice that anybody left. ZG put a lot of forum miles on, so it's too bad that he left.

The COG forum has some blatantly arrogant members that I find really annoying.
It's kinda like a cult, except there's half a dozen Reverend Jim Jones...LOL.
I could easily give it up....it's been downright boring since BDF left anyway. :o

This forum is better anyway.

<snip>