Author Topic: *** SOLD *** 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 $5,700.00 with warranty  (Read 5129 times)

Offline idphillips

*** SOLD *** 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 $5,700.00 with warranty
« on: April 05, 2014, 02:21:48 PM »
It's time to sell my baby, and I've put it off for far too long. She sits there in the garage next to her 4-wheeled sister and never gets ridden. It must have something to do with my location, being a full time student and working 50-70 hours per week, or probably a combination of all the above. :cry

The sad news is that she had over 24k on her when I moved from NC to the Mid-West in 2011 and now she only has 33k on her. So as you can see, she isn't being ridden as she should be and she deserves better.

I bought it new on April 18, 2008 in NC and have ALL receipts and documentation for everything that has ever been done to it. I changed it over to Amsoil Full Synthetic from dino oil at the 600 mile service and have been using it and Engine Ice coolant ever since. It really is pretty much stock overall minus the short list below. The Zumo 550 & Cradle are NOT included in this sale.

• TB Carbon Fiber Exhaust w/Silencer
  • Sargent Low Seat & Stock Seat
  • 4300 HID's & LED City Lights from A & R Motorsports
  • Cee Bailey's Screen (not shown) & Stock Screen
  • Brand New Michelin PR3's with 1k miles on them now

It is under warranty until 4/22/2017.

This bike only had 2k miles put on it last year. Some of it's "recent" services include: *SEE UPDATE BELOW*

• 5/4/13 - 32,595 Miles - Rear Suspension Replaced under Warranty
  • 5/4/13 - 32,595 Rear Brake Pedal Recall
  • 4/6/13 - 32,153 Miles - Coolant Change (Engine Ice)
  • 10/22/12 - 31,708 Miles - Oil & Filter Change, Rear Differential Oil Change, New PR3 Tires

Now, in interest of 100% honesty and full disclosure:

This is NOT a show bike, has been ridden in rain & cold but never on salty roads. It HAS been laid over on both sides, always at a standstill except for once on the right side way early on. That incident happened in a parking lot at less than 10 MPH in 2008 and all plastics on the right side were replaced at that time. It does have some scratches and even touch up paint as shown in pictures. Outside of those, it has been well very well maintained and all maintenance is well documented.

It hasn't had any serious riding since August of last year when we road it to Wisconsin and back. I've noticed that the right side HID is not working at the moment but I have a replacement ballast and bulb, and can put back to OEM headlights if all else fails.

The right mirror has a tab inside that the top right black dash plastic fastens to, that tab is broken and I was planning on replacing the mirror ($180.00) if I kept it, and was going to have the scrapes / scratches on the fairings repaired professionally for less than $500.

There is a cheap top case included, but not shown in the picture. I believe it holds 49 liters and really only used it on longer trips or when camping off the bike.

I'm including pictures and can take more of specific areas for a serious inquirer. Ask for any details I may have missed, I'm sure there are some.

$5,700 as is with a renewed 36 month warranty that is good till 4/22/17

For either of these options I'll include a fresh oil & filter change, oil change on the rear differential, and will install the new ballast on the right HID & replace the HID's with OEM bulbs if that doesn't fix the problem.

These are fantastic bikes and this is a lot of bike at this price point. Unfortunately it has solicited some expensive contributions to local governments over the years I've owned it, with the most expensive being in VA.

I've priced it this low because it needs to go to someone who'll ride it as it is intended to be as I'm unable to at this point. I hate to see it go, I never thought I'd be selling it this soon, much less for this reason. I'll replace it next year with something else when I have more time to ride, and it will likely be with a DS of some sort as that is more conducive to the type of riding that is available here. The mileage is nothing to be afraid of on these machines as they're designed for piling the miles on.

There is great aftermarket support for anything you'd want and a very good owner’s forum that I was very active in over the years. I was very active on this forum prior to the change, setting up group buys in the HID's etc, but haven't done much with it since then. You can learn anything and everything on here with photo walk-throughs and more.

It is located at 52501 and I can be reached here through the forum, via email, or by texting or calling (6 four 1) eight 1 four - 3 three six 9.

BTW.....None of the motorcycles in these pictures were actually harmed with the application of a bow-tie, it was simply applied to cover the license plate numbers ;)

**UPDATE** 4/16/2014

The warranty has been renewed and it is now covered till 4/22/2017.

The following services were completed at 33,765 miles:

- Oil change with Amsoil 10w 40 Full Synthetic / K&N Filter
- Oil change on rear drive
- HID system removed and is included in sale. Replaced with new Sylvannia Silverstar Ultra's
- Key FOB Batteries Replaced
- Cal Sci Shield Installed
- Tire pressure adjusted for spring temperatures and set @ 42 PSI

So, now the only thing it needs is a new owner who'll take it out and ride it regularly the way I used to do, and make some new memories together  :'(

Here is a short walk around video of the bike.

http://youtu.be/fKmdHZJSOJQ

Now I'm going to enjoy riding it till it sells... 8)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 12:05:38 PM by idphillips »

Offline Racer Boy

Re: 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 $5,300.00 with warranty
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 02:51:13 PM »
Even though it is cosmetically not perfect, $5300 seems like a screaming deal. That is a lot of bike for the money!

GLWTS!

Offline idphillips

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 04:04:14 PM »
My thoughts exactly, hopefully someone takes this and runs with it! Thanks for the kind words.

Isaac

Offline Speedy

• 2012 Black Connie - Black is Beautiful!!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 06:17:49 AM »
You can extend the warranty via a sticky on this forum for $339 so you might reconsider your after warranty price.  Just sayin'

Good luck.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 11:00:52 AM »
You can extend the warranty via a sticky on this forum for $339 so you might reconsider your after warranty price.  Just sayin'

Good luck.

I think his point is, you can do it, or he will charge a service fee to do it for you.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline idphillips

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 06:52:33 PM »
Thanks for the info! I might adjust it a little bit, but the buyer can do the same by saving me the trouble  ;)

Good luck.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 12:00:02 PM »
Thanks for the info! I might adjust it a little bit, but the buyer can do the same by saving me the trouble  ;)

Best of luck on the sale, good deal.

I highly recommend you contacting Pete, at Ultimate Cycle, from my GTPP extension plan post, and extend that warranty now... don't wait, that minor price difference even added to the sale price, would likely be the make or break deal leverage in your sale.... if that warrenty expires prior to you selling, you will probably have to lower your price. Most of us know the importance of that warranty.... it IS important...

Again, good luck on your sale.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 05:42:32 PM »

I highly recommend you contacting Pete, at Ultimate Cycle, from my GTPP extension plan post, and extend that warranty now... don't wait, that minor price difference even added to the sale price, would likely be the make or break deal leverage in your sale.... if that warrenty expires prior to you selling, you will probably have to lower your price. Most of us know the importance of that warranty.... it IS important...

Looking to sell mine and pulled the trigger with Pete to get the three year GTPP. Easy to do, but need to do it before the current one expires. Good luck with your sale.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline idphillips

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 06:31:37 PM »
You bring up a good point, one that I'm struggling with now. I can see it either way, but will have to make my decision before the next ten days are up.  :-[

Offline idphillips

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 06:32:54 PM »
Thanks Wally and GLWS on yours! I'll miss this bike, but I have no where near here to ride it and no time to go out farther and do the riding I like to do.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:50:00 AM by idphillips »

Offline idphillips

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 06:35:32 PM »
I've had some interest but it was from someone at a bit of a distance. To anyone considering this purchase; remember this bike is up for the longer rides and I'll help out however I can to make it happen for you. That could mean meeting you at the airport, bus station, Amtrak, or somewhere in between. 8)

Offline idphillips

Re: 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 $5,700.00 with warranty
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 03:54:03 PM »
Update:

The warranty has been renewed and it is now covered till 4/22/2017.

The following services were completed at 33,765 miles:

- Oil change with Amsoil 10w 40 Full Synthetic / K&N Filter
- Oil change on rear drive
- HID system removed and is included in sale. Replaced with new Sylvannia Silverstar Ultra's
- Key FOB Batteries Replaced
- Cal Sci Shield Installed
- Tire pressure adjusted for spring temperatures and set @ 42 PSI

So, now the only thing it needs is a new owner who'll take it out and ride it regularly the way I used to do, and make some new memories.

Here is a short walk around video of the bike.

http://youtu.be/fKmdHZJSOJQ

Now I'm going to enjoy riding it till it sells... 8)

Offline idphillips

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 03:04:10 PM »
I received a deposit on it today and will keep this updated as it progresses.

Offline idphillips

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 12:05:16 PM »
It  is officially sold and gone  :'( Thanks for the interest everyone.

Offline Racer Boy

Re: *** SOLD *** 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 $5,700.00 with warranty
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 12:50:58 PM »
Congratualtions, someone got a good deal!