Author Topic: FI Light  (Read 3296 times)

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
Re: FI Light
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2018, 06:35:15 PM »
Just curious... anyone ever have it happen after an ecu reflash?
Not yet...
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2018, 06:40:44 PM »
To be totally serious and I really hate doing that, it's some sort of external interference especially when it happens in the same general area.  As long as it's not in association with any other codes there's nothing to worry about.  If it's really concerning, I have a gen1 bike that doesn't get that error I'll sell you.  Sorry about that, I lapsed into non-serious mode for a few seconds.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2018, 06:44:17 PM »
Must be those space indians.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2018, 06:52:10 PM »
Not yet...

But yours is a Gen 1....  had it happened at all before the flash?  And if so, how many miles was the last error  before the flash, and how many miles has it been since the flash?  Gotta watch the numbers to get any feel for the data.  :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2018, 07:19:09 PM »
Must be those space indians.

Probably or space cowboys.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Freddy

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2018, 07:49:26 PM »
Poseidon, it is the ONLY 'problem' you will ever have with it, unlike some other brand.   :-X

Although the fuel filter may get blocked if not changed in a few years time.   :)
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline chap

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2018, 08:19:53 AM »

Probably or space cowboys.

Trump's new "Space Force" should take care of that then. LOL
2010 Concours ABS = Blue
2003 Concours - Red (sold)

Offline chap

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2018, 08:26:13 AM »

it usually occurs around 8k miles, and i don't recall it happening on any bikes reporting 20k miles or over... it is always early on, I also agree with his hypothesis that it something in the 'code' triggered by mileage waypoints, and never seems to appear later on in life... don't sweat it.. all is good.... if it comes on, and STAYS ON... then be concerned.

I still get it with 64,000km. Just 2 weeks ago the last time it happened
2010 Concours ABS = Blue
2003 Concours - Red (sold)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2018, 08:35:28 AM »
Just curious... anyone ever have it happen after an ecu reflash?

Yes both times ({*}Guhl; SISF decel), and after a battery replacement as well. Plus two other times with no associated electrical event. Total of 5 times that were noticed in 75K+ miles, Gen II '10.

*Edit: both times battery was disconnected
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 02:23:42 PM by fartymarty »

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2018, 09:25:59 AM »
But yours is a Gen 1....  had it happened at all before the flash?  And if so, how many miles was the last error  before the flash, and how many miles has it been since the flash?  Gotta watch the numbers to get any feel for the data.  :)

Upon further review...       ;) 🕵️‍♂️

Purchased in early ‘17 with just under 38,000 miles.  So, before that, I do not know.  Put about 8,000 miles on it before the Mountain Runner flash and never saw it light up.  I’ve put about 2,000 on it since the flash, and haven’t seen it. 

2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.