Author Topic: Windshield Measurements  (Read 2048 times)

Offline medicevans

Windshield Measurements
« on: June 03, 2011, 06:13:11 PM »
I proposed this thread in a reply on another thread.  Here's what I am thinking.  We have a lot of people saying, "oh crap, I bought a shield and it's too short" or "I bought this shield and I don't like looking through it" or something similar to one of those.  Sure, CB and Clearview and all the rest have "how to measure" guides on their websites, but a lot of time you really don't know what you're getting.  I think if we start posting actual real world measurements on this forum, we could eliminate a lot of false purchases. 

The format is this:
Put your shield height and make/model in the subject line.
1.  Height straight up the middle of the front of the shield from the bottom of the mounting point.  This includes the base on Rifle shields.
2.  Width straight across the shield four inches up from the top of the little "ears" where the shields and the mirrors sit.
3.  Distance straight down from the middle of the top edge of the windshield to the top of the tank. 
4.  Where the straight edge crosses the tank.

This will eliminate all variables such as a 5'10" with 29" inseams and a 6' with 32" inseams and a 5'8" with 30" inseams not knowing which shield to buy based on CB's website.  If you use a seamstress tape it's a lot easier. 

Offline medicevans

23.5" Cee Bailey
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 06:14:28 PM »
1.  23.5"
2.  Not sure, have to double check tomorrow and edit the post.
3.  21" or 21.5"
4.  Right in front of the ring that goes around the gas cap.