The C-14, aka Kawasaki Concours-14, the new one :) > The Bike - C14/GTR 1400

Nasty Snatch

(1/16) > >>

Pillow:
My 07 has a bit of a on/ off thing going on, just off of idle.  I've had a Shudabeen flash, which has made the bike almost perfectly fuelled.  It's just the low speed snatchiness.

Is it possible the secondary butterflies have been removed, and their loss is responsible for my low speed fuelling woes?  Is there a way to tell if they are present, without stripping the bike down?

Thoughts?  Advice?

Many thanks chaps, Nick

chi-gpz1100:
Do you have much free play in the throttle?  That can result in snatch too.  I prefer my throttle tight - with relatively no free play.  Makes the off/on transitions smoother (to me).

maxtog:

--- Quote from: Pillow on December 07, 2019, 03:04:30 PM ---My 07
--- End quote ---

No such thing.  You must have a 2008 model (first model year).

--- Quote ---has a bit of a on/ off thing going on, just off of idle.  I've had a Shudabeen flash, which has made the bike almost perfectly fuelled. It's just the low speed snatchiness.
--- End quote ---

As Chi pointed out, this is almost always due to throttle play needing to be adjusted.  It takes only about 60 seconds to do.  I find it needs adjustment at least every few years.

--- Quote ---Is it possible the secondary butterflies have been removed, and their loss is responsible for my low speed fuelling woes?
--- End quote ---

You shouldn't have the bike flashed if the secondaries are removed....  controlling the secondary butterflies is 95% of what the flash does.  If the flies were removed, you would notice almost no difference before and after the flash... otherwise, the change is dramatic.

gPink:
Click bait... >:(  :rotflmao:

Michelle:

--- Quote from: maxtog on December 07, 2019, 03:30:08 PM ---No such thing.  You must have a 2008 model (first model year).
--- End quote ---

You do know there are other countries ... right?  ;)
OP hasn't given a location and some places did indeed get 07 models.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version