Author Topic: Sena SMH10 firmware update available now  (Read 5176 times)

Offline COGnosticat0r

Sena SMH10 firmware update available now
« on: August 01, 2011, 10:39:50 AM »
http://www.senabluetooth.com/support/download_document.php

SMH10 Firmware Version 3.1 Release Notes
July 25, 2011

Copyright (c) 1998-2011, Sena Technologies, Inc.

INTRODUCTION
============
These release notes describe changes made since the firmware V3.0 release.

CHANGES
=======
- Bluetooth paring compatibility issue with some smart phones resolved
- Occasional Intercom/music play switching stability issue resolved

REVISION HISTORY
================
3.0   June 13, 2011
+ First public release

CONTACTS
========
Sena Technologies Inc.
3150 Almaden Expressway, Suite 238
San Jose, CA 95118
United States

url: www.senabluetooth.com
Phone: 408-448-1997
Fax: 408-907-3738

email: info@senabluetooth.com
       support@senabluetooth.com
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline bikerhawk

Re: Sena SMH10 firmware update available now
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 04:50:07 PM »
Just updated our headsets pretty smoothly.  We've had great luck already even before the update, very few problems.  Music from our phones (Droid X/Droid Eris) streams perfectly, intercom is pretty quick to cut in.  Neither of us use the VOX capabilities, at least not yet.  The only issue I've had is pausing music from my iPod/Motorola D650 dongle, but that's most likely an older dongle not playing nice enough.  If anyone uses an iPod dongle that works better, let me know.  I'm more interested in iPod-specific at this point; really, really, REALLY looking forward to the SR10 hub coming out.

I am curious to see if/when updates will allow group intercom (more than 2 units).  There was talk that this update would have it, but the release notes didn't mention that as part of this update.  Eventually, we need to pick up a 3rd and/or 4th unit...fairly common for at least one of us to have a young'un riding pillion.
Tom Hunt - COG #9207
Lawrence, KS - Kansas AAD
1998 C10, 102k miles (mine), 1994 C10, 35k miles (wife's), 2002 Super Sherpa

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 06:30:53 PM »
Tried this and our Sena's had the latest firmware. Even still, when I disconnected my wife's headset from the cable, it started working again (it would not restart the audio after using the intercom or phone). But mine stopped working after trying hers out. Not only that, hers won't fire up the intercom at all. I tried getting my firmware updated and it said it was current and didn't change anything as to how it was acting.

Strange doings.

I hope the new release (due out in about 2 weeks) fixes all the issues we are having.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 07:44:10 PM »
Do you have 3.0 or 3.1?

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 07:49:47 PM »
Do you have 3.0 or 3.1?

How the heck do you find out? It says I have the latest.
Scott
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline bikerhawk

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 09:45:21 PM »
How the heck do you find out? It says I have the latest.

On the SMH10 control panel screen, if your unit is recognized, it shows the firmware version currently installed in the upper right corner.  Should be 3.1 after this update.
Tom Hunt - COG #9207
Lawrence, KS - Kansas AAD
1998 C10, 102k miles (mine), 1994 C10, 35k miles (wife's), 2002 Super Sherpa

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 06:10:33 AM »
On the SMH10 control panel screen, if your unit is recognized, it shows the firmware version currently installed in the upper right corner.  Should be 3.1 after this update.

It's not recognizing either of them yet. I had an install issue that I will try to fix this afternoon when I get home.
Scott

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 08:44:15 AM »
Can the firmware update be done on the units that have not been sent in for the $49 upgrade?
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline cablebandit

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 09:25:06 AM »
No, only the latest B version.  The unit will have a USB connection on it.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 09:47:19 PM »
O.K., after reading the directions on the software install and a few restarts of the computer, I was able to get both units FW's updated to 3.1. Unfortunately, there is still one little thing that it did not fix on my wife's unit, which is the intercom button. Hitting it does no good to start the conversation. Of course, the upside to this is she gets to hit me upside the head as we are riding (gently I hope) to get the intercom going.

I hope to get this reconciled by talking to Sena at some point as something still isn't right. I did try doing the factory reset and it didn't help and I cannot re-pair the two together for the intercom as it just keeps looking for another headset to pair with.
Scott

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 04:06:38 PM »
Only suggestion is to factory reset BOTH units and try again.  If that does not work I would contact the supplier and request an RA and send them back.  There are also instructions for pushing in with a needle to reset the unit.