Author Topic: Kawasaki Touring Seat  (Read 40061 times)

Offline Gigantor

• I often regretted my speech, but never my silence.
Re: Kawasaki Touring Seat
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 03:38:34 AM »
Stevewfl

You were spot on about this seat! When I woke up this moring, my lower back was not sore, or any indication I was riding all weekend.

Makes for a more enjoyable ride.

Thanks again for the tip

2014 Concours 14 ABS Metallic Spark Black
 Xpel Custom Bra kit, SOCALMOTOGEAR HID system, Philip Luggage Rack, Projekt D Radiator Guard, Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger, Mini Euro Sport Shield, Kaw Tour Seat, HF80/2 Horn, RG Frame Sliders, PR4

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 08:53:39 AM »
That one is different than the one I bought a while back. (The Kawasaki gel seat.)

Looks nice!

One thing I love about mine is the material the cover's made out of, and how well it fits.
It sits about an inch lower than the stock seat, (which is great for me, since I'm a bit "inseam challenged"...) The gel pad helps a lot, too.

I like the two-tone cover yours has. Nice!

I have this same seat. It's VERY firm. I like the seat while my wife hates it.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 02:12:02 PM »
So the touring seat is different than the gel seat?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Gigantor

• I often regretted my speech, but never my silence.
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 04:57:39 PM »
So the touring seat is different than the gel seat?

Night and day

2014 Concours 14 ABS Metallic Spark Black
 Xpel Custom Bra kit, SOCALMOTOGEAR HID system, Philip Luggage Rack, Projekt D Radiator Guard, Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger, Mini Euro Sport Shield, Kaw Tour Seat, HF80/2 Horn, RG Frame Sliders, PR4

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2015, 07:53:44 AM »

Night and day

My mom always said that a person needs two of everything. One for day and one for night. My wife disagrees...    ;)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 08:06:22 AM »
As does mine.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 08:46:31 AM »
+1 Night and Day
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Turbodoc

• 2012 Connie
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2015, 10:27:00 AM »
A basic question.  Does the OEM Kawa Touring Seat fit a 2012 Connie?   I don't believe they have changed the mounting structure or pan bottom for years?  I bought a new 2013 (after having a 2008) in 2014 but 200 miles is all I can do with the stock seat.  Help

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2015, 11:23:04 AM »
A basic question.  Does the OEM Kawa Touring Seat fit a 2012 Connie?   I don't believe they have changed the mounting structure or pan bottom for years?  I bought a new 2013 (after having a 2008) in 2014 but 200 miles is all I can do with the stock seat.  Help

All the C14 seats are interchangeable.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Landon

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2015, 04:57:32 AM »

I have one on my 2012.

sailor_chic

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2015, 08:16:56 AM »

Here's some help:   http://laamseats.com/

Offline Turbodoc

• 2012 Connie
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2015, 05:08:22 PM »
I found the L seat c/s not customer focused/friendly.  I just bought the Kawa Touring seat instead.  I still take the corners with speed but just need a little more butt support for the long hauls.   Tx. I had 18 BMWs over my 55 years of motorcycling and had 15 Bill Mayer/Long day saddle/rick mayer/bill mayor jr. seats.  Great for touring very long distances  >250,000 miles for me.  But I have returned to the thrill of performance in motorcycles and cars (race Porsche) and hanging out on curve still races my aging heart.  I will live until I die!!!  Other bikes:  Whizzer motorbike, Cushman scooter 1957, Honda 50 sport 1961, Honda 90 trail, Honda Elsinore 250 (lived there), Kawa 650 KX (for Baha 1000-), Yama 500 IT, Duc 996, 6 R100RTs, 1 R100S, 5 R100RSs, R75, R80, 2 K1200 GTs, 1 HD custom soft tail, 2004 HD Road King, Kawa C14 2008, now 2012 (new in late 2014).   I have forgotten several dirt bikes used in So. Calif. Riverside general area .  Malcolm Smith was a neighbor in 1960.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2015, 06:47:55 AM »
I found the L seat c/s not customer focused/friendly.  I just bought the Kawa Touring seat instead.  I still take the corners with speed but just need a little more butt support for the long hauls.   Tx. I had 18 BMWs over my 55 years of motorcycling and had 15 Bill Mayer/Long day saddle/rick mayer/bill mayor jr. seats.  Great for touring very long distances  >250,000 miles for me.  But I have returned to the thrill of performance in motorcycles and cars (race Porsche) and hanging out on curve still races my aging heart.  I will live until I die!!!  Other bikes:  Whizzer motorbike, Cushman scooter 1957, Honda 50 sport 1961, Honda 90 trail, Honda Elsinore 250 (lived there), Kawa 650 KX (for Baha 1000-), Yama 500 IT, Duc 996, 6 R100RTs, 1 R100S, 5 R100RSs, R75, R80, 2 K1200 GTs, 1 HD custom soft tail, 2004 HD Road King, Kawa C14 2008, now 2012 (new in late 2014).   I have forgotten several dirt bikes used in So. Calif. Riverside general area .  Malcolm Smith was a neighbor in 1960.

Corners are a priority for me too, not a goldwing style comfort seat. I'm so pleased with my kawasaki touring seat for the combined comfort/performance  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Turbodoc

• 2012 Connie
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2015, 11:18:07 AM »
I just got the Kawa Touring seat and completed a 6 hr. trial run.  It is slightly more butt sparing than the stock seat on by 2012 Connie 1400. I like the non-heat absorbing material.  Is it worth $400 more than the stock.  Not quite sure.  I am 6'2" 200# 35 " sleeves, stock bars and seemed to slide a little towards the tank.  Perhaps Murph's risers will cure that with this seat with a slightly more upright sitting position.  The rear portion is clearly more comfortable for the passenger than the stock seat.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2018, 08:10:00 AM »
from the 'What did you do to your Concours today?' thread.

I just ordered a new Kawasaki touring seat.

https://www.kawasaki.com/accessories/item/touring-seat/999940500

My wife won't ride with me anymore cuz she can't get comfortable on either the stock seat or the Kaw low gel seat. She keep sliding forward and it hurts her back. I've heard a lot of good things about the 'new' touring seat so we'll give that a try and see what's what.

My new seat was delivered yesterday. It was raining yesterday (today too) so I wasn't able to take 'er for a spin.

The seat is very well made and looks great. I installed it with no issues. I sat on the bike in my garage and the seat feels good. It's at least an inch taller, maybe more, than the Kaw low gel seat that I had on it. That's not good for me since I'm 5'5" but I'll adapt.

The weather cleared yesterday afternoon so I was able to get out for a ride and try out the new seat with my wife.

Goof news! She loves it! "100% better than either of my other seats" she said.

We rode for two hours or so and no pain for either of us. The seat soaks up the jarring from bumps in the road that the old seats transferred to our backs and neither one of us slid at all. On both of my other seats I was always having to adjust my position because of sliding towards the tank, no longer. It's not just the material that the cover is made from either. The geometry of the seats is different than the others.

The only negatives for me is that the seat is taller. Two issues with that. The first is that since I'm 5'5" I'm tip toeing at stops. The second is since I'm sitting higher that means that I'm leaning forward a bit more and that puts more pressure on my hands and arms. Other than that I'm happy and I'll deal with those issues.

I almost forgot to mention...

I did a lot of shopping for this seat, both online and local dealerships. No one would come down from the MSRP of $535. Not even the dealer where I bought my bike back in 2009 (they said that normally they would offer a discount to former customers but since it's been so long since I bought anything from them they couldn't do it. I told him that it's going to be a long time before I buy anything from them in the future too). No local dealers had the seat in stock either. Amazon has it but at $535.

I ended up buying it from Partzilla for $414 with free shipping.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/kawasaki/99994-0500
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 10:11:52 AM by Conrad »

Offline PH14

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2018, 10:54:07 AM »

I did a lot of shopping for this seat, both online and local dealerships. No one would come down from the MSRP of $535. Not even the dealer where I bought my bike back in 2009 (they said that normally they would offer a discount to former customers but since it's been so long since I bought anything from them they couldn't do it. I told him that it's going to be a long time before I buy anything from them in the future too). No local dealers had the seat in stock either. Amazon has it but at $535.

I ended up buying it from Partzilla for $414 with free shipping.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/kawasaki/99994-0500

Good comeback. They need to hear that. I have always bought at a dealer if I could, and if it made sense, but the ones I deal with competed well with online retailers. I will pay more through a dealer for the service, if it exists.

I love the touring seat. It puts me in a better position compared to other seats I've tried, and the foam gives the right amount of support, and give.

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2018, 08:07:05 PM »
Being mentally challenged I need some clarification.  I have been looking for a replacement for the stock seat on my '08.  The obvious reason is that it is a horrible brick that forces me to get intimate with the fuel tank in ways I would rather not describe.

I have read in this post that the Kawasaki Touring Seat is interchangeable with any year of the GTR1400.  So I should be able to get one from Partzilla, Kawasaki, or whomever and it will fit.

Remember, I'm mentally challenged.  It must have been all those years of breathing recirculated gaseous human emissions while deployed.  Or, I'm just naturally dim.  Either way.   :-X

Offline Conrad

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2018, 04:18:58 AM »
Being mentally challenged I need some clarification.  I have been looking for a replacement for the stock seat on my '08.  The obvious reason is that it is a horrible brick that forces me to get intimate with the fuel tank in ways I would rather not describe.

I have read in this post that the Kawasaki Touring Seat is interchangeable with any year of the GTR1400.  So I should be able to get one from Partzilla, Kawasaki, or whomever and it will fit.

Remember, I'm mentally challenged.  It must have been all those years of breathing recirculated gaseous human emissions while deployed.  Or, I'm just naturally dim.  Either way.   :-X

I can be a bit mentally challenged too at times...

You're asking if the Kaw Touring seat will fit on your 2008 C14 correct? Did you happen to notice what model year bike I ride per my signature?    ;) 

Offline FTB530

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2018, 07:55:54 AM »

[/quote
 There is one of these seats for sale on another forum!

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2018, 12:15:51 PM »
I can be a bit mentally challenged too at times...

You're asking if the Kaw Touring seat will fit on your 2008 C14 correct? Did you happen to notice what model year bike I ride per my signature?    ;)

I did notice just now.  About that mentally challenged bit...  I stand by that statement.

There is one of these seats for sale on another forum!

I'll check it out.  Thx!