Author Topic: My mccruise install story  (Read 1850 times)

Offline katata1100

My mccruise install story
« on: April 04, 2018, 07:05:49 PM »
No matter what I did, bike had real bad surging . I had long talk with Tony ( I think he’s a co-owner), we got the servo set up just right, all should be good.
It wasn’t, still surgy.
Talked to him again, did diagnostics. Computer was set for 13, should be set to four.
We adjusted, still doesn’t work right .
At this point he said it was strange, never happens like this.
I told him I bought unit straight from them, not used, I was only installer .
He called again and we adjusted the speed with bike on sidestand. I put bike into fourth, Ktrac warning came on as it hit 45 and I set the speed.
This should work he said, if not, email back.
It didn’t. I pulled my bike over, went back into speed adj mode again, hit 45 and hit the set button.
Pulled over, stopped, turned off bike . I then restarted bike, hit 50 and cruise and ...it worked!
I tried cruise at 56, and 26, worked fine. I was limited in testing as there was 5:30pm traffic, will try tomorrow , but so far , I’m happy.
The problem was not my sorry mechanical skills, it was an improperly adjusted computer. Had it been properly set, I would had this thing nailed down a week ago.
I am not bad mouthing them, I post this in case someone has calibration problems, maybe it’ll help.
The weather has been beautiful here, I should have the bike reassembled by fri, at which point we are supposed to get a ton of rain ( there are flood warnings) .
Oh well, that’s life!

Offline bowtie39

Re: My mccruise install story
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 10:09:47 PM »
Had seen your posts about the unit not cooperating and hesitated to reply.  As it turns out any suggestions I would have made would not have helped.  As frustrating as this was now you are able to enjoy what you have.  Glad to know it is finished and functional. 
'16 Moondust Gray....gone  2001....the keeper

Offline katata1100

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 04:23:45 PM »
I wish there was a way to compare performance of mccruise to rosta. So far, mccruise is flawless . Touch the set button and it is set instantly. Mccruise says it will keep speed within .5-1 mph. I can say that the instant mpg is actually readable when it’s engaged. It’s rock steady. I think they said it will work from 22mph to 140mph.
The buttons on the unit are lit and it looks like it came from the factory . My wife was expecting it to have a “magyver” look to it but it looks like it belongs there.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 02:16:50 PM »
Katata, is that the cc unit that costs around $1000 and is pretty much plug-and-play?
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline bowtie39

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 01:20:09 PM »
Katata, is that the cc unit that costs around $1000 and is pretty much plug-and-play?
That's the one!  A elect  servo unit which behaves just as we have in auto's.  It is a sorta plug n play with some minor mechanical skills thrown in.  The install makes you more intimate with the C14 ::)
'16 Moondust Gray....gone  2001....the keeper

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 01:21:30 PM »
It's on the list ;)
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 02:04:43 PM »
Sounds like a project for me for next winter.

Where is everyone ordering them from? Looks like they are based in Australia, but have dealers and installers in the US. The one closest to me is only about 5 miles down the road, but the address is to residence not a shop or store.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline katata1100

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 02:32:46 PM »

Yes, but...
When I got it, they were running a sale on them. That, and the continueing drop of the Australian dollar, it cost me around $750.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 08:48:46 AM »
I've been through the Rostra install so the next time around I am going this route...nothing is as bad as the Rostra install!
Mike
Ojai, CA