Author Topic: Motorcycle Garages  (Read 14536 times)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Motorcycle Garages
« on: December 06, 2016, 12:25:35 PM »
In the past I think both Gumby and ZG posted some garage photos and of course we all saw the corn hole hardware hanging in Conrad's garage. I know that The Garage Journal forum was mentioned in another thread on this forum, but I wondered if anybody else here has some garage photos/ideas that they would like to share?...or perhaps they are a member over there and could just link us to their photos on TGJ forum? I like seeing all the garages and the layouts, but my favorite ones are the 20 lbs in the 5 lb sack garages where every inch of space is utilized somehow. The wide open clean showroom ones are nice but not my favorites.

Here is a link to the motorcycle garage section (currently about 65 pages long) of their forum: http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46792

I suppose if I expect anyone else to post photos here, I'll need to start this off with a photo of mine....which I hesitate to do because it's not anywhere near finished ..and I guess if I do it right it never will be, so keeping that in mind I'll put a photo up more in embarrassment than pride. I wish I had a Bridgeport mill sitting in the corner or even a 40 inch TV hanging on the wall but it's not going to happen for a while (never for the Bridgeport, maybe 2017 for the TV...maybe) but messy as it is, it's far better than it used to be. The AC is just sitting there waiting for me to cut a hole in the wall, and the twin Beech sounding ceiling mounted fans are all I have for cooling now. I need to get a motorcycle lift as well.

This is an interactive pano photo so it may take a while to load and clear after you click on it depending on your internet speed and computer speed.
You may need to click on the photo more than once to get it to become interactive (pan & zoom). This google photo stuff is still new to me.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 03:38:14 PM by fartymarty »

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Motorcycle Garages
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 03:24:17 PM »
My workshop and most of my tools are just off the garage. But here is one of my bikes and my NoMar tire machine hanging on the wall behind the DR650

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 04:34:31 PM »
Search "motorcycle" and  "garage" or "motorcycle mancave" on Pinterest for some interesting photos. I'm currently updating mine (very slowly) in anticipation of retirement in a couple of years. It's only 22' x 22' but it has a small roll up door, concrete floor, two windows, etc. The project started last winter when an ice storm put a red oak on the roof and I had to tear out the ceiling. Now work has me stalled (but the roof is fixed).
2014 C-14 Red

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 05:35:24 PM »
an empty garage is like a clean desk... it shows a sickness that cannot be cured..

something you never want to see...

no problem.. I fixed the damage..

secret of the levitating C10..

I can actually walk in my current garage... sometimes...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 06:44:11 PM »
Well, mine was actually a day-light basement but it was originally supposed to be a garage.  Now Connie and the Wee Strom alternate between storage facility and my fiance's garage (no pics yet).

Here's a pic of some project, don't remembr what.

A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 03:25:16 PM »
I would be embarrassed posting a photo of MY garage!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline O.C.

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 03:47:05 AM »
Moved house two tears ago but here's what it looked like back then......notice dog on guard (Called Mouse) blind as a bat and deaf as a stick, but lovely (sadly now gone) 

And again but more organised  ;D 

CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 06:29:30 AM »
Can't even see my bike in my garage at the moment.  Storing stuff for the winter.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 07:34:42 AM »
an empty garage is like a clean desk... it shows a sickness that cannot be cured..

My garage is clean, peace with my wife is still a high priority, but my workshop looks more like this pic.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 12:45:22 PM »
What is this gatage thing you speak of?
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 03:31:32 PM »

Its that place where my car is parked and takes up almost all the space :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 10:04:45 AM »

It's G-A-R-A-G-E.  A free standing or attached structure found with most houses in the U.S. Originally designed for temporary storage and protection of the family automobile. It replaced the barn/stable about the same time that automobiles replaced the horse as a personal transportation system. It is often the largest room/open space under the roof line in the typical U.S. free standing home. Currently it seems to have evolved (for many but not all) into a local storage area where families keep various items often with a total value of a few hundred dollars while their vehicles that may be worth many tens of thousands of dollars remain outside to weather the elements. Some few have made theirs do multiple duty as a vehicle storage area and home maintenance center, containing lawn grooming equipment, snow re-positioning tools, rudimentary carpentry tooling, Corn Hole gaming materials as well as automobiles. A small percentage have been converted into so called "man caves" where the purpose seems to be the consuming of alcoholic grain based beverages while watching various sporting activities on television. This activity is usually accompanied by false-macho-bravado-speak wherein they try to convince themselves that this is a desirable outcome to hide the fact that their significant other has emasculated them by making them stay in the garage.

However, this thread was started in hopes of exchanging ideas about those that have primarily used the garage space for the storage of motorcycles and the tools and implements used in the maintenance and farkling of same. This latter being the only completely sane re-purposing of the space for right thinking individuals of either sex.

Apparently Garage is also this: http://garagemag.com/  ...but it appears to be mostly nonsense so I wouldn't give it much thought.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 02:51:38 PM »
Could have sworn I had photos on the phone of mine.  I'll have to report back later.  It doesn't meet the requirement of a tight, jammed up space as I am blessed with a large area that so far hasn't been filled.  I'll have to buy more motorcycles.

:D

Offline O.C.

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 01:39:55 AM »
It's G-A-R-A-G-E.  A free standing or attached structure found with most houses in the U.S. Originally designed for temporary storage and protection of the family automobile. It replaced the barn/stable about the same time that automobiles replaced the horse as a personal transportation system. It is often the largest room/open space under the roof line in the typical U.S. free standing home. Currently it seems to have evolved (for many but not all) into a local storage area where families keep various items often with a total value of a few hundred dollars while their vehicles that may be worth many tens of thousands of dollars remain outside to weather the elements. Some few have made theirs do multiple duty as a vehicle storage area and home maintenance center, containing lawn grooming equipment, snow re-positioning tools, rudimentary carpentry tooling, Corn Hole gaming materials as well as automobiles. A small percentage have been converted into so called "man caves" where the purpose seems to be the consuming of alcoholic grain based beverages while watching various sporting activities on television. This activity is usually accompanied by false-macho-bravado-speak wherein they try to convince themselves that this is a desirable outcome to hide the fact that their significant other has emasculated them by making them stay in the garage.

However, this thread was started in hopes of exchanging ideas about those that have primarily used the garage space for the storage of motorcycles and the tools and implements used in the maintenance and farkling of same. This latter being the only completely sane re-purposing of the space for right thinking individuals of either sex.

Apparently Garage is also this: http://garagemag.com/  ...but it appears to be mostly nonsense so I wouldn't give it much thought.

Superb :rotflmao:...I refer to mine as the 'Rev Shed'
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

sailor_chic

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 07:49:13 AM »
Okay, Ill play this game. Bikes are parked on other side of garage

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 08:26:21 AM »
That's just not right.  :chugbeer:

Offline SapperLdr

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 03:16:11 PM »
Clutch time on the R1
Living the dream in Arizona.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2016, 04:10:12 PM »
Okay, Ill play this game. Bikes are parked on other side of garage

That's just not right.  :chugbeer:

Yeah, it's way too clean and neat (or "ship shape" if you prefer  ;) ) but it's got a floor standing drill press, a welder, and a beer koozie so it's darn good in my book except for the neatness factor.

Clutch time on the R1

I need to get a lift...that just looks so handy to have. (said the ole man that doesn't fold, or squat, or crouch very well anymore.)

O.C., is your C14 the only 4 cycle bike in that photo?

Offline O.C.

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2016, 03:59:36 AM »
Yes it is....I have a bit of an addiction towards strokers.

There have been others apart from those shown in the photo's    ;) 

EDIT:...actually no  bottom left is a N.O.S  KZ400 that I bought as an investment, it had 1 mile on the clock  :o   
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

sailor_chic

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2016, 06:56:44 AM »

Yeah, it's way too clean and neat (or "ship shape" if you prefer  ;) ) but it's got a floor standing drill press, a welder, and a beer koozie so it's darn good in my book except for the neatness factor.

Neatness is an absolute must!!! Over the years, I watched my dad scrounge around looking for stuff in his garage, and couldnt find anything. I like knowing where everything is at.