Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1835 times)

Offline ConnerNA

• Why do they clap for the daily double?
    • BBQ Basics
Hello!
« on: June 22, 2011, 08:21:47 AM »
OK so here is the skinny...I have been riding bikes since 07 when I bought my first bike (a 2007 Shadow Aero) I immediately fall in love and a year later bought a 99 Roadstar Silverado (after taking the Shadow a two rides over 800 miles and me being 5'11 and 240lbs needless to say the Shadow was not cutting it).

Loved the roadstar but was itching for something that I could cut some curves with, so I picked up a 94 ZX6E...LOVE that bike you set upright just enough and I can cut up the twisties all day and its just plain fun for in-town.

So after taking the Roadstar on an Iron Butt I really fell in love with the whole endurance type riding. So now the Roadstar is up for sale and I have decided I am getting a Concours 14!!!

I have found one local for sale, a 2008 low miles exactly what I want (sargent seat, taller windshield, back truck, etc) anyway I asked the guy if the luggage recall had been serviced, do you all know of anything else I should address before making the jump? I still have to wait for the roadstar to sell (I still believe in the principle that you NEVER get a loan…that principle is killing me right now…I just have to keep telling myself “if this Concours sells there will be others”).

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 02:29:57 PM »
This should probably be moved to the C14 Bike section, but . . .

Welcome, etc. If the bag fix has been done, the guy's dealer (or any dealer, I believe) would know by accessing the VIN data. IF it was an official recall. There's been some debate about that.

You can also just pin the bags or use one of the other methods to make sure there are no surprises.

Offline ConnerNA

• BBQ Basics
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 02:38:31 PM »
Awesome! Thanks for the advice...I put this in Open Forum since I was trying to keep it to the "Hello from a new guy" type of topic...but I can see where I failed to keep it to that.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 02:46:56 PM »
Welcome. If the bag recall was done you'll have orange bag latches instead of red, I think the old ones were red anyways.

If you have the VIN you can check on recalls here.

http://kawasaki.com/DefaultFrame.aspx?strContentURL=/SITE/VIVEHICLEINFORMATION/VICHOOSEVEHICLE.ASP
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 03:10:01 PM »
I absolutely loved my '92 and '94 ZX-6E
Both of them were black too.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline ConnerNA

• BBQ Basics
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 08:36:54 AM »
yeah my is currently in the process of getting MI'd

Olive Drab, all logo have been replaced with military stencil...I like it ;)