Author Topic: C-10 tuners abandonment  (Read 692 times)

Offline Chrome Megaphone

C-10 tuners abandonment
« on: August 17, 2020, 11:01:30 PM »
Going to be short here, like when you talk to the police and want to avoid putting foot in mouth.

I noticed several people who made themselves a reputation as experts abruptly stopping everything from selling things to plain posting.

Why?

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
Re: C-10 tuners abandonment
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 11:10:24 PM »
Perhaps old age? Retirement? These bikes are ridden by people who are normally... How do I put it...  geriatric.  ;D

Offline Chrome Megaphone

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 12:00:39 AM »
Perhaps old age? Retirement? These bikes are ridden by people who are normally... How do I put it...  geriatric.  ;D
Could be it.  Hopefully.  Better than "no mo money to be made f-it later.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 06:50:46 AM »
Going to be short here, like when you talk to the police and want to avoid putting foot in mouth.

I noticed several people who made themselves a reputation as experts abruptly stopping everything from selling things to plain posting.

Why?

Possibly they don't have any more stuff to sell..?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 07:47:03 AM »
It's not like the C10 is a huge market either.
If people want to go faster, there are better bikes for that job out there.
The C10 was always more of a Tourer than a Sports bike so most of the mods still available are aimed at that market.
There are a few still tinkering with their C10s, but apart from the few Turbo bikes that got created most of the power gains were minimal, and expensive in both $$$ and time.

Remember that this is a differently tuned GPZ1000RX (ZX1000A1) engine with better ergos and shaft drive.
You can convert it to GPZ spec but whilst you gain 15Bhp at the top end, the mid-range takes a kicking and spoils the ride-ability of it.

Finally, people have different reasons for stopping posting or stopping producing parts.
Sometimes it's because their focus is elsewhere, others had health issues, others retired.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 01:02:49 PM »

Why?

Is that really a problem? Maybe they have been here for almost 2 decades,(as opposed to 2 days here) and simply have little to say anymore that is "fresh". Or have other things in life, that occupy some time.  :rotflmao: :hail: :salute: :salute:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Chrome Megaphone

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 01:10:44 PM »
I think maybe I should move on to a vintage motorcycle forum.  Yeah. 

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 12:28:52 PM »
I think maybe I should move on to a vintage motorcycle forum.  Yeah. 

Maybe so, but try ----> here .....as well, not so much vintage as useful C10 info.

They are supposed to be going with new software later in the year and perhaps membership only access so glean what you can over there now.

bye.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 07:26:10 PM »
Speaking for myself, there are a few Items I know longer sell. 7th gear units, cams, mostly. The bike is long in the tooth, and most folks don't want to drop a bunch of money in the upgrades. I'm surprised that I still do as many carbs as i do.

As far as posting... I've been at it a long time, nothing new under the sun, and my health has been an issue. Plus, I'm just not in the mood to argue, or get kicked in the teeth because I tried to help someone. These comments are not directed at this forum necessarily, but reflect  my general crotchety attitude across the internet spectrum. 
   Steve