Author Topic: My clutch blew up ( and the speedometer too) - AGAIN  (Read 8528 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: My clutch blew up ( and the speedometer too) - AGAIN
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2019, 04:47:28 PM »
Glad you're ok, Harold, and still riding.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: My clutch blew up ( and the speedometer too) - CONCLUSION
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2019, 05:24:15 PM »
Wow Haroldo, always a great story from you. Not joking about the injuries of course, and certainly glad to hear you healed from the accident. But the overall story is..... is...... 'Haroldoinium'.   ;) ;) ;D :o

Congrats on the new bike though, I am sure you will have a great time with it and maybe an adventure or two worth posting. By all means, stop by here occasionally at least and let us know how you are doing as well as how the new ride is working out for you.

Great to hear from you even with the bad news in the middle- it sounds like it has ended well.

Brian

Thought I'd conclude this thread. Interesting, when I posted this in 2017, I mentioned future plans to own the super duke GT. Here is the conclusion :)
 Last year we went to our 5 day nor cal ride as we do every year. The Concours with now 98K on the odo worked like a swiss clock. After all the repairs, it was running perfectly. However, at some point during the trip, I started to notice the front brakes were feeling squishy. I continued the ride, which was epic by the way. On the last day, about 50 miles from home, returning to bay area traffic, the brakes were feeling much worse. I was touching the lever to the grip to actuate the brake. I did have steel braided lines, but this was still happening. As I took a freeway exit ramp, I felt the brakes were almost gone.
What I did next was a very stupid thing. I polled over on the left side shoulder of the freeway off ramp, if you can imagine that. I was just freaked out about having no front brakes, and decided to stop on a legal, but incredibly dangerous spot. I was tired and not thinking clearly, of course. As I  am still on the bike, on the shoulder, feeling out the brakes, BAM!. I don't remember between getting hit, and waking up on the ground, but some mother$#@%er tried to overtake a semi, went onto the shoulder, and nailed me from behind. I had a bad concussion and a fractured sacrum. The Concours was completely gone.
So, that concludes exactly 10 years of ownership and excitement that I had with that bike.
I made a full recovery quickly (within 2 months or so), and tomorrow I pick up a new 2019 KTM Super Duke GT (the white and orange one), which is today what the Concours was in 2008 when it was released, the best SPORT tourer in the world (arguably the best road bike in general). Anyway, hoping to have as much fun on the KTM as I had on the Concours.

Cheers!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com