Author Topic: My Connie of 10 years totaled.(new bike update last post)  (Read 28016 times)

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
Jamie,

Take your time, man.  Don’t worry about the bike.  It ain’t going nowhere.  Work on getting yourself better and then you can deal with that sh*t.  You can sell tons of stuff off of that bike but there’s no hurry.  You may want to hold onto some of that stuff until you decide what you’re gonna do from here. 

2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline jamiemac

Jamie,

Take your time, man.  Don’t worry about the bike.  It ain’t going nowhere.  Work on getting yourself better and then you can deal with that sh*t.  You can sell tons of stuff off of that bike but there’s no hurry.  You may want to hold onto some of that stuff until you decide what you’re gonna to from here.
That's good advice. I'm just bored, but You're right. I'm sleeping like a thousand hours a day. Haha. I shouldn't make a decision about any of this until I can at least be more mobile around the house.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline jamiemac

Does that mean no more C14's for you?
That actually didn't occur to me. My thinking is still a little off, I guess. I'd definitely put this stuff on another C14 if I got one. I even brought the leather seat in out of the weather.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline jamiemac

Still recovering. My right knee and left shoulder are moving much better, but still really sore. Physical therapy is only on the knee for now, because they want the fractured scapula to heal first, I guess. My face bruising is completely gone, so I'm pretty happy about that. Thanks again for the moral support, guys.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
Still recovering. My right knee and left shoulder are moving much better, but still really sore. Physical therapy is only on the knee for now, because they want the fractured scapula to heal first, I guess. My face bruising is completely gone, so I'm pretty happy about that. Thanks again for the moral support, guys.
Back to modeling job, eh?
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline jamiemac

Back to modeling job, eh?
Haha! GQ here I come.

Offline jamiemac

Insurance dude is coming to look at the bike this week. Notified by my attorney today. I'm pretty sure the frame being broken in frakin half makes it a total loss. LOL

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
What a waste of time!  Wouldn’t they just accept a picture?  Maybe one with the Vin displayed?  Shouldn’t be too tough to get the Vin in the pic, since the frame is in two pieces!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
It does seem silly, but at the same time, the insurance company is also does need to try and prevent fraud.  Sad to say, but I expect that there are people out there all the time trying to defraud their insurance providers.  At least it shouldn't take the inspector long to conclude it is a total loss and without anything fishy.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Insurance dude is coming to look at the bike this week. Notified by my attorney today. I'm pretty sure the frame being broken in frakin half makes it a total loss. LOL

Naaaa, it'll buff right out!

Offline CRocker

• Arena
Best wishes for a speedy recovery! 
'02 C-10

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
It does seem silly, but at the same time, the insurance company is also does need to try and prevent fraud.  Sad to say, but I expect that there are people out there all the time trying to defraud their insurance providers.  At least it shouldn't take the inspector long to conclude it is a total loss and without anything fishy.

Understood.  The adjuster will show up mainly to confirm the Vin.  When he/she see’s it, he’ll probably think to himself  “Oh $h!t.  This one’s done!”

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
JMac, I know it’s only been a couple of weeks, but have you decided if you’re going to buy another bike? 

Also, in regards to your extra set of driving lights:  The wife and I just got back from Coronado (San Diego) and I noticed that many motorcyclists in SoCal are using super bright yellow aux lighting now.  I’m sure it’s nothing new to anyone here, but they really stood out.  They were about 3-4 inches in diameter. 

I put bright amber JDMAstar leds in the city lights on my bike (thank you Max) and though not the same, I’m hoping they help somewhat. 

I know from experience that no matter how much lighting you put on a motorcycle, some people just don’t “see” us.  Something to do with drivers expecting something wide like car or truck and for whatever reason, the size of the bike doesn’t register subconsciously as a danger. 

Offline connie_rider

Jamiemac, I just came across this!
    Have no idea why I missed it previously..
Sorry to hear that it happened, but really glad to hear your ok. (err recovering)
I know your sore..

We'll keep cheering for you.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
I noticed that many motorcyclists in SoCal are using super bright yellow aux lighting now.  I’m sure it’s nothing new to anyone here, but they really stood out.  They were about 3-4 inches in diameter. 

I put bright amber JDMAstar leds in the city lights on my bike (thank you Max) and though not the same, I’m hoping they help somewhat. 

I know from experience that no matter how much lighting you put on a motorcycle, some people just don’t “see” us.  Something to do with drivers expecting something wide like car or truck and for whatever reason, the size of the bike doesn’t register subconsciously as a danger.

This is why I also converted my front turn signals to extra bright, "always on" yellow LED lights (they blink OFF when turning, instead of on).  Too many cars now have white lights on all the time and I want to look different than a car, and have a wider light pattern so I can be more easily seen, and from more angles, and not look as far away.

But yeah, for some drivers, nothing you do will matter.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline jamiemac

Jamiemac, I just came across this!
    Have no idea why I missed it previously..
Sorry to hear that it happened, but really glad to hear your ok. (err recovering)
I know your sore..

We'll keep cheering for you.

Ride safe, Ted
Thanks Ted. As of today, 'm doing pretty good. Shoulder is going to take a while, but the knee (torn meniscus) is feeling much better. However, if I let the level of tylenol in my system go down, the pain makes an appearance pretty quick.

Offline jamiemac

JMac, I know it’s only been a couple of weeks, but have you decided if you’re going to buy another bike? 

Also, in regards to your extra set of driving lights:  The wife and I just got back from Coronado (San Diego) and I noticed that many motorcyclists in SoCal are using super bright yellow aux lighting now.  I’m sure it’s nothing new to anyone here, but they really stood out.  They were about 3-4 inches in diameter. 

A lot is going to depend on my financial outcome from this unpleasantness. Also, how my healing goes. I have been reading up on the new generation Goldwing with airbags available. I loved My Connie though. It's going to be a hard decision, I expect. I just don't know at this point.

Offline jamiemac

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Thanks so much!

Offline jamiemac

Naaaa, it'll buff right out!
I actually took a rag and polished the good left saddlebag. Because....i don't freakin know.

Offline jamiemac

A picture of my gear after it was removed from Me. My bright neon jacket....well, the dude didn't see it, but I think the spine armor and shoulder pads kept me from getting hurt much worse.