Author Topic: Rally in the Gorge  (Read 9203 times)

Offline Gsun

Re: Rally in the Gorge
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 10:45:19 PM »

Church in the morning, it would be too late by the time I made it out there, sorry Rob...  :(

Hmmmm....Church or riding....hmmmmm.....no contest!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 11:10:21 PM »
Hmmmm....Church or riding....hmmmmm.....no contest!

Not according to mama... I gotta pick my battles G, and that aint one of em... 

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 03:44:37 AM »
Can you explain that riding is a religious experience?

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 07:26:02 AM »
Amen brotha,

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 10:25:04 AM »

Amen brotha,

;D ;D ;D

Offline Gsun

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 10:45:08 PM »

Not according to mama... I gotta pick my battles G, and that aint one of em... 

Hmmm....church or Ohlins...Hmmmmm

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 10:47:52 PM »
Hmmm....church or Ohlins...Hmmmmm

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Church = Ohlins

Pray about it G...  ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 11:33:28 AM »
Hey Chet, I was talking to a buddy of mine today about this.  He rides a cruiser, not fast, and I was asking if it was all sport bikes and riders.  He was wondering why he would go up there.

I told him you were bringing a KLR which got us talking.  Do you have some dual sport roads planned out?  We were thinking we could ride our dual sports up there one of the days, and do some off road riding.  Nothing rally or race, just riding.  So, what do you have planned?  Anything interesting?
We will have quite a bit of DS rides for the rally.  On Thursday I will be involved with a DS class and a trail ride in the afternoon.  We (PSSOR) will have a table setup just outside the convention hall.  Come join us fo r some fun.

Jay Jay Jay.  What more can I say?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 09:04:22 PM »
So, learning lesson, Rob showed up on Thursday (I think?)  the rally is closed to ANY non registered guests, something about AMA insurance and all that hub bub, so, if anyone showed like Rob did and got turned away I owe you the drink of your choice!!

Anyways, I am downloading a video clip of Maryhill Loops road.  We did a clinic and had the entire road to ourselves from 930 in the morning to 1pm.  My top speed was 87.4 according to the GPS, I wouldnt know as my eyes were locked on the next line!!!!!!!!!  Watch the clip once I insert the link, share your thoughts and decide if a Dual Sport 650 2 up is a better choice for tight twisties :o

About the Rally, gents/ladies, try to squeeze this one in, eating breakfast with the likes of David Hough, Nick Ienatsch, Tamera Rich, and many others is awesome.  Sharing the roads and trails with them is even better.  It was quite windy on Wednesday and Thursday, borderline hot on Friday, and hot enough to find some higher elevation (after Maryhill Loops of course) on Saturday.  Friday we had a DS funrun, which cost me big time, on the way to checkpoint 3 I had a chance to really smoke up the trail, somehow my new Garmin Montana 650T left me.  I spent quite some time Yesterday Afternoon doing 2-5 mph looking over the edge of the road.  Bummer.....

All in all I'd do it again, well, I will be there next year.  I sure would like some fellow low lifes to spend the road with as I just aint quite on the par of so many who were there.  Bring street of dirt, there are lenty of roads that rate on the epic scale of 8-10 with plenty of bends and a few bumps along the way. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 10:49:46 PM »

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2012, 07:42:45 PM »
https://contour.com/stories/smoked-by-nick-and-tamera-i-suck

As promised.  Enjoy :)

Looks like a fun road Chet, very cool they block it off so you don't have to wonder about somebody coming at you from the opposite direction.  :thumbs:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 08:17:06 PM »

Looks like a fun road Chet, very cool they block it off so you don't have to wonder about somebody coming at you from the opposite direction.  :thumbs:
Yep!  The open session in the afternoon was both ways, makes a technical road even more technical and who knows what's around the corner in yer path :o

Offline quickwilly

• Meh
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2012, 08:27:16 PM »
Missed another sound riders rally :-\

Tom puts on a pretty good get together every year
2009 Connie
2000 ZX-12R

Son of Pappy

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2012, 09:44:08 PM »
Next year, right guys/gals? 

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2012, 10:29:33 AM »
It was thursday when I stopped by.  Bummer about the Zuma.  Sadly, that is karma, biting you in the ass for not returning my phone calls from thursday night or friday morning. ;)

My buddy and I went up there friday and had a good ride anyway.  We rode about 35 miles of those dirt / shale / gravel back roads.  We only got in trouble a few times.  Now I have a slight bend in my clutch lever.

We also stopped by the shooting range up there to tryout his new 9mm pistol.  It works really well, given that I hit a 4" clay pigeon, sitting 42 yards out with it.  At 20 yards, it was hard to miss anything.
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Son of Pappy

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2012, 05:57:01 PM »
Er, ah, well, uh, many drinks later, friday was a rough one :o  The fun run lasted all day, no coverage for the most part, and on the pegs most of the time ;D