Author Topic: Shink SR733F/SR734R  (Read 3089 times)

Offline medicevans

Shink SR733F/SR734R
« on: May 19, 2011, 02:12:52 PM »
Anyone running this combo?  Any ideas/opinions?  I am going to need to replace my ME880s soon and these are attractively priced at $160/pair shipped to my door!  The CFO would like that!  I have never had Shinko branded tires, though.  If they only last 5,000 miles then that's kind of a false economy. 

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
Re: Shink SR733F/SR734R
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 07:56:31 PM »
OK...
Spill. where do you get them for $160 to your door, don't be shy med.
Ride safe all.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline medicevans

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 08:25:04 PM »
Oh, I won't be shy. The price is from Motorcycle Superstore.com. There is a thread on right mow about what I would call **** poor customer service, but I have had no experience with that. The single time I ordered from them was for my Elite 3s. Ordered on a Saturday afternoon and had them Monday morning. Anyway.......

I have never ran Shink on anything, and honestly I'm not sure what the mileage is like with these tires. I don't mind a 10-12k tire, but I'm not going to put a 3-5k mileage class tire on my bike. Do you think I can call Shinko and ask?

Offline mlf73

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 09:46:51 PM »
I don't know about either one of those Shinko tires but me and several others have ran the Shinko 777 on the rear.  I've had no problems with mine and I've got close to 12K on it now and still have a few miles left on it.  I bought another one to replace it already.  It's cheaper than the SR734 you are looking at too and I also think the tread design of the 777 is better looking.  I was considering the Shinko Verge for the front but I read a review on the tread life somewhere that turned me off on that one.
02 Conc- Corbin seat, Cee Baileys shield, MCL fork brace, 4 pot calipers w/zrxmopar's adapters, 310mm rotors, SS brake lines, 1.1 Sonic springs, C14 rear shock, TCro's stick coils, SiSF's economy jet kit, front tip-over bars w/hwy pegs, KB bar risers, fender extender, block off plates, HVMP bar end weights, grip heaters, Murphs fuse block, 55W HID upgrade, relo'd coolant bottle & helmet locks