Author Topic: Exhaust sold - Thanks  (Read 5177 times)

Offline zx12-iowa

Exhaust sold - Thanks
« on: February 05, 2014, 09:32:13 PM »
Sold.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:22:26 PM by zx12-iowa »

Son of Pappy

Re: Lightly use carbon fiber slip on $185 +shipping
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 10:06:24 PM »
Where were you in 2008?  Awesome deal right there.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 05:43:27 AM »
Email Sent.  Does it have the quieter insert?  Does the bike need to be tuned if just changing the exhaust?
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 06:18:27 AM »
Email Sent.  Does it have the quieter insert?  Does the bike need to be tuned if just changing the exhaust?
The engine will not need a fuel tuner for a slip-on muffler.

Offline concoursbdh

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 08:06:45 AM »
And if you or anyone needs an insert, I have at least a couple I don't need!  Good price, it won't last long!

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 10:10:55 AM »
And if you or anyone needs an insert, I have at least a couple I don't need!  Good price, it won't last long!

Thanks.  I will take you up on that if it doesn't have any inserts.  Haven't heard from the seller yet.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline zx12-iowa

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 06:45:22 PM »
Emailed ya back with a pic.  It's not loud. 

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 08:33:14 PM »

Replied to your email.
My Concours Travels:

Offline bikelee

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 11:48:40 AM »
PMed zx-12iowa

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 05:24:19 PM »

A Two Bros not loud?  :o
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 07:19:54 PM »

A Two Bros not loud?  :o

A friend of mine has one with the quiet insert and you can hear the low base sound without the bumble bees of the smaller I-4s.

I'm trying to close the deal on this one.  Waiting on his paypal information.
My Concours Travels:

Offline zx12-iowa

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 08:45:57 PM »
Having computer issues.  Will get back tomorrow with info.  Thanks.  Sale pending I think is fair.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 07:45:57 AM »
WARNING!  xxxxxxx wanted me to gift the funds to him through PayPal.  When I told him that I would rather not because I would have no protection if something went wrong with the deal, he told me he would move on to the next person in line.

Please don't gift him the money.  You will have no protection through PayPal if you do that.

Buyer beware. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 08:28:18 AM by VirginiaJim »
My Concours Travels:

Offline zx12-iowa

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 08:10:11 AM »
Full disclosure here Since xxxxxxx  is not being totally candid. I will not sell to him.  So if others are interested - they are welcome to contact me. 

Re: ExhuastSaturday, February 8, 2014 8:54 AM Mark as Unread Flag this messageFrom: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Headers Printable View

I read you saying you are not  comfy sending me money.  That's ok I understand  You don't have to buy it.   

Re: ExhuastSaturday, February 8, 2014 8:42 AM Mark as Unread Flag this messageFrom: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFull Headers Printable ViewSo, because I won:t gift the money you are moving on? I will have to post that on the forum to warn others then. Have a good day.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Exhuast
Sent: Sat, Feb 8, 2014 2:37:19 PM

No worries others want it.   I will go to next in line. 

Sent from my Galaxy S®III

-------- Original message --------
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:02/08/2014 8:14 AM (GMT-06:00)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How about you ship the exhaust to me, and when I receive it in as advertised condition, I gift the funds to you.  At least you would know where I live if I didn't send the funds in a timely fashion.

I don't feel comfortable gifting the money because you have only been active on the forums a short time and I have not recourse if the deal goes south, or you have a heart attack before you can send the exhaust. 

Paying fees with paypal is the price you pay for doing business with strangers.  If you want to wait until you have a box and carry it down to the post to find out the exact shipping, I can wait.

Please let me know what you want to do.

xxxxxxx

On Saturday, February 8, 2014 6:04 AM, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Yes that sounds fine. My email was freezing up last night and wanted to make sure I was fair on who was first to say they would take the exhaust. Please email me you address or include in Paypal as a gift so I,don't pay fees. I would like to net the $215 since I think I will be eating some shipping costs. Thanks.

Oh PayPal is my email address.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Also I will email you info when I,ship. Have to find a box and make sure she stay looking nice for. 

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, Feb 7, 2014 11:13:57 PM

So, are we going to make a deal xxxxxxx

On Thursday, February 6, 2014 9:21 PM, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

OK.  So let's say I paypal you $215 and we make a deal.  Send me your paypal information I will send the money as soon as I get your information.

My paypal address is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  so you will know it is from me.

xxxxxxxx

On Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:43 PM, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Not loud. Sound awesome and deep. I'm too old to have screaming loud pipes.... Not sure on shipping maybe 30-35?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Exhuast
Sent: Thu, Feb 6, 2014 12:48:41 PM

Can you send me some picks?  Shipping to xxxxxxxxxx?  How many miles did you have them on the bike?

How loud are they?  Do I have to tune the bike to use them?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 08:24:34 AM by VirginiaJim »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 08:14:52 AM »
Sigh...it's going to be one of those days..I can just feel it coming on.  We don't broadcast users private emails without their consent.  We also don't get into a pissing contest on a for sale item out in the open.  I'm editing out the email address so the china and russian spam bots don't get hold of them.  We usually have quite a few of those 'spiders' perusing the forum at any one time.  Just so others know...it ain't a good idea to put in an email address on a public forum or anywhere else for that matter.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 08:52:42 PM »
Suggestion from a once guilty guy, dig a hole and bury the posts (self deletes).  No good will come of it, I promise.  No one wins internet feuds, no one.  The longer they stay, the worse it looks.  I'll delete this once both of you come to your senses.

Thanks in advance,

Chet

www.virginjim@hottin.com  ;)

Offline Gsun

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 10:01:59 PM »
Another way to do Paypal is to add 3% to the total, the seller gets his price and the buyer is protected. I never ask for that but some people are cheap! :stirpot:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 10:08:19 PM »
Another way to do Paypal is to add 3% to the total, the seller gets his price and the buyer is protected. I never ask for that but some people are cheap! :stirpot:

I usually give the buyer the option, lower price for gifting or a little higher as a purchase, that way it puts the same $ in my pocket but gives the buyer the option to pay a little more if they want the paypal insurance (ie sellers fee).  :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 07:23:04 AM »

I usually give the buyer the option, lower price for gifting or a little higher as a purchase, that way it puts the same $ in my pocket but gives the buyer the option to pay a little more if they want the paypal insurance (ie sellers fee).  :thumbs: :chugbeer:

When I sell, I figure in the fee in the price.  This guy didn't even give me the option.  I have read many posts on other forums where the buyer gifted the money and the seller disappeared.  Of course if I were dealing with ZG, I wouldn't worry about it because you are a very active member on the forum. 

Also, as a seller, you must ship to the address provided in PayPal in order to be protected on your end from a buyer who says they never received the product.  If you ship to a different address, they can claim they never received it and PayPal won't refund the money.

Hopefully he learned a little more about selling, and I learned to just enjoy my Stealthy exhaust. :)
My Concours Travels:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 08:10:25 AM »
I'm thinking that this thread has gone on long enough guys.  Let's keep it on point concerning the exhaust from here on in.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.