Author Topic: US421 photog siting  (Read 2673 times)

Offline gpzrocker

US421 photog siting
« on: August 09, 2013, 06:52:39 PM »
Always enjoy visiting Shady Valley Tn, and glad to see blindkenny has a new branch taking pics.

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
Re: US421 photog siting
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 08:33:16 PM »
I live about 20 minutes from Shady Valley and love riding 421 and 91. They have a fried bologna sandwich at the store at the crossroads.
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 05:39:40 AM »
Digging the mufflers and mirrors.  Mine are are black also.  Makes the bike look meaner.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 03:19:38 PM »
I love riding there.

Its the norm to meet Heather in Marion VA before I hit the 421 Snake

Friend of mine doing what we do best on the Snake:

I also like those crazy gas pumps with no credit card slots at the corner.

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 01:21:53 PM »
Digging the mufflers and mirrors.  Mine are are black also.  Makes the bike look meaner.

I plan on riding 421 from north to south in a couple of weeks.  Would you rather keep riding south on 421 or take 91 south?

I only have time to go one way, so wondering which is a better route.  I will be heading towards Asheville

Thanks
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 09:11:00 PM »
My idea of north to south would be to start in Richmond KY and head on down. THat is a windy ass road from The Ohio River to Frankfort then From Richmond to forever.....Amazing piece of road stretching across several states and cutting through some pretty remote stretches in the hills of a couple of states.

Those guys at Willville Motorcycle  Camp on the Blue Ridge were talking about 421 when I was there early summer. They were grizzled vets of the Dragon who were actively seeking other rides, 421, Back of the Dragon, The Snake and a few more were ones I remember them talking about.....

I really got to take more time off.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 08:33:39 AM »
FYI suggestion:  DO NOT miss the HWY 16 North and over/around a few mountains into WV, you'll be utterly cheating yourself 

I like the HWY 91 in the good places too, I beleive HWY 601 will take you right over to 16 within a few miles....and that happens in the good part  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline gpzrocker

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 09:30:34 AM »
Steve: you and I rode with the crazy KLR guy a few years back.   You should see some of what he has done since.
The mufflers are actually covers I rolled and powdercoated at work, and Im still working on getting the perfect mirror setup,  but not hard.

Thanks for the kind words. I like the way its going.
ng

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 07:51:24 AM »
I rode 16 north from Marion to Tazwell last year.  This year my plan is to ride it north going to the BMW Sherando Rally and again south coming home.  Nothing like taking the long way around   8)
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 09:02:12 AM »
Steve: you and I rode with the crazy KLR guy a few years back.   You should see some of what he has done since.
The mufflers are actually covers I rolled and powdercoated at work, and Im still working on getting the perfect mirror setup,  but not hard.

Thanks for the kind words. I like the way its going.
ng

Oh yes indeed I remember you, in NC! Would be great to see some pics of all that work

I rode 16 north from Marion to Tazwell last year.  This year my plan is to ride it north going to the BMW Sherando Rally and again south coming home.  Nothing like taking the long way around   8)

^^^right on, I can't get enough of that road