Author Topic: This is a proverbial bridge too far......  (Read 11840 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: This is a proverbial bridge too far......
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2018, 01:29:38 PM »
Well, when you put it that way Mike..... no.  :rotflmao:

No more than I am a 'semi- citizen' if I am wearing a blue shirt but a 'full citizen' when wearing a red shirt.

Brian

She left the country
She then rentered via Arizona and was detained by CBP
She was then subsequently released to return to California

So does that make her semi legal ?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2018, 01:29:47 PM »

So does that make her semi legal ?

No. But she might be legal if she applied for and received a visa (H1B or otherwise) or green card. Based on the story I only assumed she is illegal. The story may be fake news and she may legal. The point is that federal, state and local government should not be hiring illegals. If they don't follow the law we have anarchy.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2018, 01:41:56 PM »
mikey, if you want her to be legal so bad pay for her to come to your country and work it out. That would solve three problems. 1...it would remove an illegal alien from our country and 2...you can satisfy your obsession with this person and 3... we could all move on.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2018, 02:40:24 PM »
Well, I do not know about 'solving' the problem. 'Cause after Mike deals with this one particular woman, we have another 9,999,999 left to go and I am thinking Mike will get sick of dealing with this issue before he gets past, oh, two million or so.

:rotflmao:

But now that you mention it Gary, it does give me a thought: The Queen is getting well along in years now, and the heir- apparent is none- too- popular by the looks, so maybe the UK could use someone else to take over the Monarchy. And clearly we have a woman here in the colonies who seems to like official positions and yet should not even be anywhere in the US. And at least one of the US subjects seems to like and support this woman holding office so....... methinks we might have the makins' of a deal that could make everyone happy. I can see the introduction now: "Presenting Her Majesty, Roseanne Roseannadanna"*...... it's always something!  ;) ;D

* Old Saturday Night routine where Roseanne Roseannadanna (played by the late, great, Gilda Radner) goes on and on about something and ends it with 'it's always something'.

Brian

mikey, if you want her to be legal so bad pay for her to come to your country and work it out. That would solve three problems. 1...it would remove an illegal alien from our country and 2...you can satisfy your obsession with this person and 3... we could all move on.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2018, 03:15:40 PM »
Well, I do not know about 'solving' the problem. 'Cause after Mike deals with this one particular woman, we have another 9,999,999 left to go and I am thinking Mike will get sick of dealing with this issue before he gets past, oh, two million or so.

Should be no problem ... He doesn't see them as issues  :thumbs:

But now that you mention it Gary, it does give me a thought: The Queen is getting well along in years now, and the heir- apparent is none- too- popular by the looks, so maybe the UK could use someone else to take over the Monarchy. And clearly we have a woman here in the colonies who seems to like official positions and yet should not even be anywhere in the US. And at least one of the US subjects seems to like and support this woman holding office so....... methinks we might have the makins' of a deal that could make everyone happy. I can see the introduction now: "Presenting Her Majesty, Roseanne Roseannadanna"*...... it's always something!  ;) ;D

* Old Saturday Night routine where Roseanne Roseannadanna (played by the late, great, Gilda Radner) goes on and on about something and ends it with 'it's always something'.

Brian

Hey, if you have to explain your joke ...

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2018, 03:29:52 PM »
All in favour of skipping Charles, in fact you're welcome to him , will trade for several undocumented immigrants :)

That said if anything was to happen to Will and his kids(which I hope doesn't) then it won't be too long before the token ginger of the family brings an American into the royal bloodlines.

--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2018, 03:33:28 PM »
All in favour of skipping Charles, in fact you're welcome to him , will trade for several undocumented immigrants :)

Terrible deal for us. We definitely do not want Charles. And you do want undocumented immigrants. In fact, you like them in important, leadership positions.

:)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2018, 03:36:50 PM »
Well, I have no idea if 40 year old SNL routines are common knowledge outside the US, and am trying to accommodate the 'wider area reader'. That, coupled with the ever- present threat that someone will jump in here screaming "Racist!!!!" because I mentioned an Hispanic (or is it Latino?) name.

Oy Vei! This is tough! In the olden' days offense was not so easily taken as it is today and I am too old to learn the 'correct' words. Why just the other day I used the word Oriental, only to have it be corrected to 'Asian'. Sheesh. No offense was meant.

Brian

Should be no problem ... He doesn't see them as issues  :thumbs:

Hey, if you have to explain your joke ...

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2018, 03:39:12 PM »
Well, I have no idea if 40 year old SNL routines are common knowledge outside the US, and am trying to accommodate the 'wider area reader'. That, coupled with the ever- present threat that someone will jump in here screaming "Racist!!!!" because I mentioned an Hispanic (or is it Latino?) name.

Oy Vei! This is tough! In the olden' days offense was not so easily taken as it is today and I am too old to learn the 'correct' words. Why just the other day I used the word Oriental, only to have it be corrected to 'Asian'. Sheesh. No offense was meant.

Brian

Place that at the end of every post. That's probably about the best you can do.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
Re: This is a molehill masquerading as a mountain........
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2018, 06:41:51 PM »
Some more chum for the frenzy:

"Mateo will not be a salaried employee, but California state policy entitles her to reimbursement for expenses - meaning that the state and taxpayers will be paying her although it is against federal law."

This from an approved source. http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/03/16/illegal-immigrant-lizbeth-mateo-appointed-statewide-government-post-california   ;D
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2018, 06:50:20 PM »
Wasn't it a bunch of democrats who refused to follow the Constitution and federal law that started a civil war a few years back?

Offline B.D.F.

Re: This is a proverbial bridge too far.
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2018, 06:55:40 PM »
George Washington refused a salary as President of the United States out of the goodness of his heart. He then submitted expenses in the amount of six times the amount of the salary he was offered in the first place.

Life is complex. History and reality are not, at least as presented to us simple folk.

Given the ability, I would toss the illegal alien and as many others as I could reasonably round up. See? Reality presented in simple terms.  ;)  And I would have politely but firmly ignored George Washington's expense report presented and again offer him the original salary.

Brian

Some more chum for the frenzy:

"Mateo will not be a salaried employee, but California state policy entitles her to reimbursement for expenses - meaning that the state and taxpayers will be paying her although it is against federal law."

This from an approved source. http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/03/16/illegal-immigrant-lizbeth-mateo-appointed-statewide-government-post-california   ;D

Offline sanmo

• Arena
Wasn't it a bunch of democrats who refused to follow the Constitution and federal law that started a civil war a few years back?

lol. Let me get this straight. You are equating this kerfuffle to the southern states' defense of slavery and desire to secede from the Union.
I do find it ironic that the party of Lincoln is now the safe-harbor for prejudice and intolerance.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
lol. Let me get this straight. You are equating this kerfuffle to the southern states' defense of slavery and desire to secede from the Union.
I do find it ironic that the party of Lincoln is now the safe-harbor for prejudice and intolerance.

I find it sad that you think a migrant invasion is no big deal and that those concerned about the Constitution and rule of law are prejudicial and intolerant.

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
I find it sad that you think a migrant invasion is no big deal and that those concerned about the Constitution and rule of law are prejudicial and intolerant.

+1
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline sanmo

• Arena
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline sanmo

• Arena
I find it sad that you think a migrant invasion is no big deal

A migrant invasion would be a big deal, except there is no migrant invasion. Illegal immigrant population peaked at 11.9 million in 2007 and has been declining even before the current administration. Total unlawful immigrant population is about 4% of the total population. I don't feel threatened by that.

.. those concerned about the Constitution and rule of law are prejudicial and intolerant.

That is your own interpretation. The following article is illustrative of my comment: https://thinkprogress.org/20000-illinois-republicans-voted-for-nazi-7bbeeb7631fd/amp/?__twitter_impression=true and it was in your neck of the woods, no?

The SAD you are experiencing may be due to the lingering winter.  :)
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2018, 09:04:45 AM »
Not my woods.

Chicago area has had a nazi problem for along time.

https://youtu.be/_ctNdLZz4us

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2018, 09:16:49 AM »
Yeah, I remember that. But they were merely Nazis in their geo- political thinking, their ethnicity was American. So they were OK. Not like that pesky woman in CA.....

Brian

Not my woods.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
Re: US Geo. Survey confirms this is unambiguously a molehill............
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2018, 03:55:22 PM »
Not my woods.

An ongoing problem? I remember a case study with Nazis marching through Skokie because of the large Jewish population there, and the ACLU defending their 1A rights.
Blues Brothers and Blazing Saddles -  two of my all-time favorites. :)
2008 Silverdammit C14