Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455636 times)

Offline Racer Boy

Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #480 on: September 05, 2014, 08:17:59 PM »
Once again a comment was made that you felt you had to respond to. That's fine, this is a public forum. Don't start whining about everything being political when you yourself have contributed to that condition.

Clumsy posting on my part. Believe me, the last thing I wanted to do was be political, as that would be hypocritical. And we don't want to go there, do we!   ;D

It's odd, I've been a member of several forums over the years, on another motorcycle forum (Yamaha FZ1) I've been there for almost ten years. In all that time I've never raised the ire that I have in a few posts here. I've never been accused of whining before, so it's got me wondering, what have I been doing wrong? I sure don't mean to **** anyone here off.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #481 on: September 06, 2014, 06:21:36 AM »
Keep on keeping on...you're doing fine. :thumbs:   As is everyone else here.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #482 on: September 06, 2014, 07:11:35 AM »
It looks very nice and I do like them but it's like taking a massive amount of caffeine as far as the results.  Keeps me wide awake for hours.

Well duh! That's why you drink them in the morning.    :)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #483 on: September 06, 2014, 11:52:39 AM »
It looks very nice and I do like them but it's like taking a massive amount of caffeine as far as the results.  Keeps me wide awake for hours.

Vodka... breakfast of Moderator's...

Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #484 on: September 06, 2014, 12:18:22 PM »
True, but I prefer my vodka unadulterated...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Racer Boy

« Reply #485 on: September 06, 2014, 06:02:11 PM »

I'm assuming that is PhotoShopped!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #486 on: September 06, 2014, 06:29:48 PM »
yeah, but this one's not.... :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #487 on: September 07, 2014, 06:04:27 AM »

Brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts, my favorite flavor!   :)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #488 on: September 07, 2014, 06:08:52 AM »
Cinanon, cinamin I can't even say it without my mouth going into convulsions.  I picked up my revulsion of that spice from my Mom.  Must be a genetic thing.  Yuck!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #489 on: September 08, 2014, 10:41:12 AM »
This...
---------------------------------------------------------------
harry76
View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: New bike, two really annoying things. any suggestions?
« Reply #64 on: Yesterday at 09:52:50 pm »
Quote from: Racer Boy on Yesterday at 06:48:19 pm
Is this necessary? The new guy was simply asking questions, and shared his opinion on some of the "features" of the bike that he doesn't like.

If his opinion doesn't match yours, do you need to blast him? I've been on the receiving end of this very unwelcoming attitude here before. I'm sure I'll get blasted again for saying this, but the feeling to a newbie on this forum is that this is a small club that really doesn't want anyone new in the club.

Anyway, welcome 238mph! I hope you can get some answers to your questions.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I agree with Racer Boy!
Some of the "regulars" started this train wreck.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I believe the run away train that was the OP started this wreck. I won't even go into the claiming victim hood thing.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #490 on: September 08, 2014, 02:33:17 PM »
While this is a thread that contains things that annoy us...bringing membership stuff up isn't on the agenda, ok?  If one has an issue with someone please do it through the PM process and work it out or just use the ignore button.  I'm starting to get pi$$ed with all of this  :censored: .

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #491 on: September 08, 2014, 02:40:31 PM »
Well I for one appreciate your efforts on this and other matters Jim. You do a great job of keeping this the nice, pleasant, informative and enjoyable place that it is. So while you are a bit annoyed right now, I am quite hopeful that that will pass soon enough and we can all get back to doing what we do well. Whatever that is. If any of us do anything well. OK, forget that whole idea- just keep moderating and all will be well. Or as close to 'well' as we're gonna' get.  ;D

And thanks for cleaning up that other little mess (all I can think of is a virtual page that goes like this: "Moderator, clean-up needed on isle #23"   :rotflmao: ).

Back ON-TOPIC: what will soon make me crazy and annoyed is traveling through the northeast to get to northern VA to visit my son and family. Probably on the bike, probably in one day and probably going to have some unpleasantness between New Haven, CT and Washington, DC..... just hopefully not ALL the way between those two points :-(

Brian

While this is a thread that contains things that annoy us...bringing membership stuff up isn't on the agenda, ok?  If one has an issue with someone please do it through the PM process or just use the ignore button.  I'm starting to get pi$$ed with all of this  :censored: .
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #492 on: September 08, 2014, 03:10:10 PM »
"Moderator, clean-up needed on isle #23"

:rotflmao: Maybe an emoticon showing a Knight pushing some mess with a broom.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #493 on: September 08, 2014, 03:15:20 PM »
Or cutting a head off...

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #494 on: September 08, 2014, 03:57:30 PM »

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #495 on: September 08, 2014, 05:37:59 PM »
Yeah- but a mess with a cranky, hissing cat in the middle of it.  ::)

Brian

:rotflmao: Maybe an emoticon showing a Knight pushing some mess with a broom.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #496 on: September 09, 2014, 05:51:09 AM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #497 on: September 09, 2014, 06:00:35 AM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #498 on: September 14, 2014, 12:34:12 PM »
Just got back from a ride up to Cow Hampshire and back (up on Thurs, back today). Roads up there are a bit rough but what is it with the locals riding in the left lane? Is that the practice there or something? I thought there was a lot of that going on in CT until going to NH. I pulled up behind one of them doing 10 under the limit, gave a flick of the high beams, the driver pulled over (about 18 yrs. old and so small she was sitting with her head below the headrest) and when I went by, she flipped me off. ?? Whats up with that? She was cranky because I disturbed her nap or something?

It was nice to see the speed limit up to 70 MPH though- I do not know when that was done but it was new to me.

Brian

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: What makes me crazy....
« Reply #499 on: September 17, 2014, 07:07:01 AM »
what makes me crazy is having not one but two antique cars to fool with....cuttin' into my post-ho time    don't ask  ;D

sunday driver:

frame off restoration project

lesson learned, why did I experience it over and over before seeing it in the chilton auto restoration manual

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine