Author Topic: My daughter is going on her first "date" tonight!  (Read 5008 times)

Online Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
Re: My daughter is going on her first "date" tonight!
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 10:09:23 PM »
He saved you a lot of trouble 

:rotflmao:

Yer shovel looks used though, recently used  ::)

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline connie1

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 11:14:46 PM »
I absolutely love the shovel thing.  I think I'll add that to my repetoir.

It's a great feeling when they get home safe and sound!!!
Man do I love this bike! Red '09

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 03:40:17 AM »
I was just kidding around with my oldest daughters boyfriend but musta been effectitive.  I sat him down and had a little talk with with him. I asked him if he knew what PTSD was; I started getting real nervous and asked him if he could hear those rotor blades...jumped out of my chair, grabbed a pool cue and two balls, I yelled frags out then tossed the balls in his direction, picked up the pool cue and started shooting.
He is still with her, but to this day for some reason he will not watch "The Hurt Locker" or "Jarhead" with me. I'm starting to think he doesnt care for Gulf War movies.

Side note: I do apologize for making light of PTSD. It is a very bad and very real condition. A few of my buddies that I served with still to this day are not "entirely" right in the head.
My grandfather came back from the "war to end all wars" with 45 shell shock ???
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2012, 07:17:38 AM »
Outback, I like your rules. Maybe a bit rought for 13 year old with Mom Driving. But well thought out!!

Regardless of if you have a daughter or not. I REALLY LIKE your rule #3!   :thumbs: :thumbs:

Rule Three:
I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose his compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Ride safe, Ted

pS: Cavediver, I laughed at those video's till I had tears running....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2012, 07:30:20 AM »
Outback, I like your rules. Maybe a bit rought for 13 year old with Mom Driving. But well thought out!!

Regardless of if you have a daughter or not. I REALLY LIKE your rule #3!   :thumbs: :thumbs:

Rule Three:
I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose his compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Ride safe, Ted

I too love rule three! That low hanging pants crap has to be the most asinine 'fashion statement' EVER! And I did live through the 70's and bell bottoms. What are those guys thinking?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2012, 08:00:51 AM »
I blatantly plagiarized them from elsewhere on the internet.  Hold on them...  They'll be more relevant in a couple of years.   ;)
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2012, 09:19:13 AM »
Conrad/Outback, clearly, GREAT MINDS think alike!

Jeremy, I know what you can tell him.
Tell him that if he isn't "correct", members from the COGdom will be coming by for a "Business call"...

Ride safe, Ted

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 09:36:45 AM »
I wore my old "Blackwater Security" hoodie when the first kid picked up my daughter.  No problems with him.   I'm glad all went well, Jeremy. 

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 10:05:58 AM »
Going on a date at 13.......hell no!!!!!!
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline gpzrocker

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2012, 12:12:12 PM »
I picked up a line that worked once: "If you do it to her, I will do it to you." And then you give him a hug and a big kiss to seal the deal.

No guns needed. Let their imagination run with it.