Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852911 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1120 on: April 18, 2015, 11:18:31 PM »
$30 a piece?  :yikes:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1121 on: April 19, 2015, 06:07:21 AM »
$30 a piece?  :yikes:

No, that is a pair.  $25 for the ones I have, $30 for the newer model.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1122 on: April 19, 2015, 07:23:13 AM »
I see now..

$15 for one?  :yikes:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1123 on: April 19, 2015, 09:17:37 AM »
I see now..

$15 for one?  :yikes:

There is no pleasing you, is there?  :)  If you get the others, it is $12.50 for one.  Considering you will [theoretically] never have to replace them again, that isn't too bad (although it isn't great either).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1124 on: April 19, 2015, 09:42:55 AM »
No, there isn't.  Ask my wife.  I think I'm going to try long life 194 amber bulbs and see what they look like first.

Offline rwnielsen

« Reply #1125 on: April 19, 2015, 10:45:23 AM »
I wiped my bike down with Quick Detailer, buffed most of the boot marks off  the side cases and am currently about 75 miles from home with no specific destination. Life is good  ;D

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1126 on: April 19, 2015, 11:26:03 AM »
No, there isn't.  Ask my wife.  I think I'm going to try long life [incandescent] 194 amber bulbs and see what they look like first.

I could have given you my old ones while you were here!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1127 on: April 19, 2015, 11:47:10 AM »
 :doh:   However, the traditional bulbs look good and only cost me $6..long life 194NA from Sylvania.  Bear in mind that this is the first time I've had to replace a city light since I bought the bike in Aug of 07, so if it goes another 8 years between changes, I'll just have to deal with it.  ;)

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1128 on: April 19, 2015, 12:08:12 PM »
 8) 1st ride into the Rockies today.

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #1129 on: April 19, 2015, 01:34:09 PM »
I bet that's an awesome area to ride in. Digging the white sheepskin cover too!
Jarrod
Boone NC
2012 Concours, 2000 Vmax, 2003 XT225

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1130 on: April 19, 2015, 02:32:19 PM »
 ;D yeah it is nice get back to those roads, get to wear out the sides of the tires again. The sheepskin helps keep me warm in those 46* temps up there, and a good supplement to the stock seat.

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #1131 on: April 19, 2015, 02:38:52 PM »
Yep! I know when I've spent too much time on the interstate and need to cut down the side a little in the mountains haha
Jarrod
Boone NC

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1132 on: April 19, 2015, 02:52:10 PM »
Successfully test fit a newly acquired OEM 2015 vented windshield to my 2010 C14, so YES it does fit! Final answer. :thumbs: :banana  :D

Even if it turns out not to help with the back pressure I experience when the windshield is raised, it'll hopefully be the last one I buy. I'm just tired of messing with it and I'm going to just accept it and live with it. After trying several modified OEMs, a Cal-Sci, MRA, and the "try a windshield for free" large group, I'm done with it. It is what it is. I'll probably replace my helmet in a couple of years and find out that it was the back pressure culprit all along.  ::)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1133 on: April 19, 2015, 02:58:08 PM »
Let us know how it works out.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1134 on: April 19, 2015, 03:01:33 PM »
What does it weigh compared to oem or aftermarket? My understanding is that the mechanism was beefed up to accommodate the extra.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1135 on: April 19, 2015, 05:08:16 PM »
What does it weigh compared to oem or aftermarket? My understanding is that the mechanism was beefed up to accommodate the extra.

I didn't weight it but it didn't seem significantly heavier. The plastic is thicker in the mounting screw area so that's good. I'll weight it later (in the week, not today) and report back here. My initial impression was that the scoop or vent is going to be a little difficult to operate while moving but maybe mine just needs a little grease in the detent area. As to whether they actually beefed up the mechanism because of the new windshield or perhaps just because the original wasn't as robust as it should have been, well I guess that's open for debate. Like I said, I'll get around to weighing them but for now my initial impression is that it doesn't weigh more than the next size larger aftermarket screen. The aerodynamic load of the scoop open at speed will most likely have more effect on the mechanism than any extra weight would IMO, but then "I ain't no meckineck, I'm jus' a parts replacer." (a quote from I guy I worked with in my youth too many years ago at a gas station).

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #1136 on: April 19, 2015, 09:52:33 PM »
Is the overall size the same as the prior years, just has the vents built in? I'm looking forward to your review, hope it works out for you!
Jarrod
Boone NC

sailor_chic

« Reply #1137 on: April 20, 2015, 06:50:50 AM »
I just ordered some new Tankslapper protection for my saddlebags and gas tank.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1138 on: April 21, 2015, 11:43:25 AM »
Is the overall size the same as the prior years, just has the vents built in?
Yes same height and width, different in the middle near the vent. Thicker plex in that area and a front protruding lip, more than just a hole cut for the vent, pictures later. (I'm lazy right now. Well, more often than now, let's just leave it at currently.)

Of course you are correct.

But still, if it did happen, in some hypothetical universe, I wonder what it would look like?

I've heard promises of that showing up on some web site for over a year it seems. I wonder why that guy doesn't get it up there already. I think it would be his biggest seller!....hmmm..OH..OK, now I get it..That is what he's worried about..as he's lazy (currently) too.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1139 on: April 21, 2015, 12:31:10 PM »
I am with you Marty- that guy is unreliable..... if only he would put Kirby in charge, things might progress a little bit.

To be honest, the web site software is spanking me, I do not want to spend the money for 'real' software such as Dreamweaver, and Expression Web is a little bit.... 'Microsofty' (read: odd and somewhat difficult to get repeatability).

Brian

I've heard promises of that showing up on some web site for over a year it seems. I wonder why that guy doesn't get it up there already. I think it would be his biggest seller!....hmmm..OH..OK, now I get it..That is what he's worried about..as he's lazy (currently) too.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com