Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853033 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #680 on: February 10, 2015, 04:01:32 PM »
And again, I thank Heaven above for allowing me to be born, and to live in Texas.  Currently 73, and not a cloud in the sky.   Good luck with the ice...  tomp

While I wasn't blessed enough to be born in Texas, by the Grace of God, I was given enough sense to move out of Pennsylvania to Phoenix.  ;D       Currently 78 without a cloud in sight.....
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #681 on: February 10, 2015, 04:16:04 PM »
While I wasn't blessed enough to be born in Texas, by the Grace of God, I was given enough sense to move out of Pennsylvania to Phoenix.  ;D       Currently 78 without a cloud in sight.....
8) 8) 8)  We need sun glasses, for sure... ;D
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #682 on: February 10, 2015, 04:20:46 PM »
8) 8) 8)  We need sun glasses, for sure... ;D

Check and see what he says this summer when its 117 and wishes there was a cloud in the sky. :thumbs:
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline tomp

« Reply #683 on: February 10, 2015, 04:29:53 PM »
Check and see what he says this summer when its 117 and wishes there was a cloud in the sky. :thumbs:
Yeah, but like they say, "It's a dry heat, though.", unlike the HIGH HUMIDITY heat, here in the Texas coast area.  Can literally keep you from drawing a decent breath while riding.  Painful!  Not that much riding done here or in AZ during the summer's heat. 

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #684 on: February 10, 2015, 05:47:35 PM »
Yeah, but like they say, "It's a dry heat, though.", unlike the HIGH HUMIDITY heat, here in the Texas coast area.  Can literally keep you from drawing a decent breath while riding.  Painful!  Not that much riding done here or in AZ during the summer's heat. 

I must be a freak. No, I'm SURE I'm a freak. I like it HOT. I would much rather ride in 110+ degree than freeze my butt off at 50 degrees. At night, if it's 60 degrees, I am sure to have my Gerbings electric jacket on and plugged in. I have left Phoenix dozens  of times after work at 3:00 pm when the temp was over 110 and rode to Vegas or Los Angeles. Hot is good.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #685 on: February 10, 2015, 05:53:30 PM »
Man after my on heart. I despise the cold.

Deziner, is the Gopher Hole bar still in business?

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #686 on: February 10, 2015, 05:57:50 PM »
I couldn't tell you. My drinking got away from me a LONG time ago so I had to quit. You know the guy that turns in to a real  :censored: when he drinks? That's me. If you think I'm bad now, add alcohol and see what happens..... :hitfan:

Offline tomp

« Reply #687 on: February 10, 2015, 06:03:45 PM »
I couldn't tell you. My drinking got away from me a LONG time ago so I had to quit. You know the guy that turns in to a real  :censored: when he drinks? That's me. If you think I'm bad now, add alcohol and see what happens..... :hitfan:

That's tough.  I get funny, then maudlin, and the second part really brings me down, so I have really cut back, too.  Glad you got a handle on it.  Not always the easiest of things to do.   Riding is so much more enjoyable than the buzz of booze.   I would love to ride every day, more than just to work n back....tp

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #688 on: February 10, 2015, 06:11:09 PM »
It's a bunch easier to afford a bike and the associated goodies that go with it now. I also get to actually leave town. I left on far too many 3 or 4 day trips back in the 80's and never made it to the city limit. Too many bars between the house and the outskirts....     ::)

sailor_chic

« Reply #689 on: February 10, 2015, 07:51:23 PM »
Hey guys, hope all is good!

I just finished putting the wheels back on my bike. I now have a brand new set of PR4-GT!!!!!!  Hopefully I can go for a ride around the lake tomorrow. Last time I did this ride, I used my chin to stop a bee. Went to the ER on Christmas day, and now the hospital bills are stopping my heart!

Offline tomp

« Reply #690 on: February 10, 2015, 08:01:17 PM »
I'm sure the bee got the worst end of the ordeal.  Give us a PR4 review after they are scrubbed in, OK?  tomp

FWIW, health care is very expensive, period.  (no politics here)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #691 on: February 10, 2015, 08:02:19 PM »

I just finished putting the wheels back on my bike. I now have a brand new set of PR4-GT!!!!!!  Hopefully I can go for a ride around the lake tomorrow. Last time I did this ride, I used my chin to stop a bee.

Let us know what the score is with new tires. I'm about to pull the trigger on a new set myself.

And by the way, don't do the bee thing again!  :)

Offline pothole

« Reply #692 on: February 11, 2015, 10:07:54 AM »
Installed APE manual cam chain tensioner. All good. Headin' out now for a thrash.
This C-14 is now my 14th bike currently...too many is never enough.
Garmin GPS, Go Cruise, Helmet locks, Delkevic 13" Carbon Tri-Oval, Mag-Knight, Lamm seat, PrjctD Wings, Guhl ECU, Advanced Sport Touring 2" Pullback risers.

Offline pothole

« Reply #693 on: February 11, 2015, 10:15:08 AM »
Let us know what the score is with new tires. I'm about to pull the trigger on a new set myself.

I will never put another brand/style set of tires on the '14 other than PR4-GT's. Recommend the
190-55 over the 190-50. Big improve in the turning and also corrects the speedo, not to mention
many more miles.
  Pot
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 03:20:02 PM by maxtog »
This C-14 is now my 14th bike currently...too many is never enough.
Garmin GPS, Go Cruise, Helmet locks, Delkevic 13" Carbon Tri-Oval, Mag-Knight, Lamm seat, PrjctD Wings, Guhl ECU, Advanced Sport Touring 2" Pullback risers.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #694 on: February 11, 2015, 11:04:37 AM »
Installed APE manual cam chain tensioner. All good. Headin' out now for a thrash.

:thumbs: Excellent. Sure am happy with my ape.

sailor_chic

« Reply #695 on: February 12, 2015, 06:34:09 AM »
On my 270 mile ride yesterday, I was enjoying the new tires. Cornering is much better. Although I think I need to bring the front wheel back for another balance. I can feel it slightly at the upper speeds.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #696 on: February 12, 2015, 06:40:59 AM »
On my 270 mile ride yesterday, I was enjoying the new tires. Cornering is much better. Although I think I need to bring the front wheel back for another balance. I can feel it slightly at the upper speeds.

Thanks,  S_C

Offline Cruise Missile

« Reply #697 on: February 12, 2015, 04:39:08 PM »
Installed Projekt Hand Guard/Deflectors, Throtlemiester, pull back handlebar adapters, R&R front brake rotors( Scuffed the surface to remove and pad build up) hope that cures the brake pulse.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:59:10 AM by Cruise Missile »

Offline tomp

« Reply #698 on: February 12, 2015, 04:58:43 PM »
Installed Prodject Hand Guard/Deflectors, Throtlemiester, pull back handlebar adapters, R&R front brake rotors( Scuffed the surface to remove and pad build up) hope that cures the brake pulse.

Would be interesting to see a photo of the hand guards on the bike.   :)

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #699 on: February 12, 2015, 06:35:26 PM »
I will never put another brand/style set of tires on the '14 other than PR4-GT's. Recommend the
190-55 over the 190-50. Big improve in the turning and also corrects the speedo, not to mention
many more miles.
  Pot
I hope you don't plan on riding very long, because they change up tires all the time. In two years, those tires will be yesterday's news, and very hard to find.
The grass isn't always greener.