Author Topic: Karma can be a bitch!  (Read 5410 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Karma can be a bitch!
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2019, 08:43:22 AM »
Suspected rhino poacher is killed by an elephant and then eaten by lions in South Africa

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/07/africa/south-africa-rhino-poacher-eaten/index.html

(CNN)Only a skull and a pair of trousers remained after a suspected rhino poacher was killed by an elephant and then eaten by lions in Kruger National Park, South African National Parks said.
The incident happened after the man entered the park with four others to target rhinos, according to a parks service statement released Friday.

His family were notified of his death late Tuesday by his fellow poachers, and a search party led by Kruger's regional manager, Don English, set out to recover the body. Rangers scoured on foot and police flew over the area, but due to failing light, it could not be found.

The search resumed Thursday morning and, with the help of added field rangers, what was left of his body was discovered.

"Indications found at the scene suggested that a pride of lions had devoured the remains leaving only a human skull and a pair of pants," the statement said.

Glenn Phillips, the managing executive of Kruger National Park, extended his condolences to the man's family.

"Entering Kruger National Park illegally and on foot is not wise, it holds many dangers and this incident is evidence of that," he warned. "It is very sad to see the daughters of the deceased mourning the loss of their father, and worse still, only being able to recover very little of his remains."

The four individuals who joined the illegal hunt were arrested Wednesday by the South African Police Service, and officers continue to investigate what happened.

The African rhino is targeted for its horn because of the belief among some who practice Eastern medicine that the horn has benefits as an aphrodisiac, making it more valuable than cocaine in parts of the world.

Of special concern is the black rhino, which is considered critically endangered after its population tumbled from about 65,000 to 1970 to 2,400 in 1995, according to Kruger National Park. Conservation efforts have since boosted their numbers, and the world's remaining 5,000 or so black rhinos live predominantly in South Africa, Namibia, Kenya and Zimbabwe.

In 2016, there were between 349 and 465 black rhinos living at Kruger and between 6,600 and 7,800 white rhinos, who also suffer from poaching, South Africa's Department of Environmental Affairs said.

Kruger is considered an intensive protection zone, and the government employs a range of resources to deter poaching, including aircraft, dogs, special rangers and an environmental crime investigation unit.

Of the 680 poaching and trafficking arrests made in 2016 by South Africa Police Services, 417 were in and around Kruger, the department said. In September, the department announced that six men -- including two syndicate leaders, two police officers and a former police officer -- had been arrested for trafficking in rhino horns.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Stasch

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2019, 01:41:21 PM »
One Lion crouching in the brush whispers to another:   Psssst.  See those poachers over there?  Wonder if they're any good to eat?

Other Lion replies:  I hear they taste a lot like chicken.
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2019, 04:16:58 PM »
One Lion crouching in the brush whispers to another:   Psssst.  See those poachers over there?  Wonder if they're any good to eat?

Other Lion replies:  I hear they taste a lot like chicken.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grizzly_Man

having seen, and been within spitting distance of every species of Bear in North America except Ursus maritimus...
I have to say, some animals need nothing more than to be "left alone"..

after watching that ridiculous movie, I collected a bunch of Treadwell jokes... I'm such a bad person.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :deadhorse: :yikes: :1DeadBanana

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2019, 11:29:50 PM »
Did you guys know that the p*nis of a rhino poacher can be ground up and be used as a cure for Aids?

:stirpot: :stirpot:
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2019, 10:25:12 AM »
I hope it hurt a LOT!
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2019, 06:25:52 AM »
The suspect in Pinky the flamingo's death is struck by a truck and killed

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/26/us/anthony-corrao-dies-trnd/index.html

The man who drew the ire of animal lovers after he was accused of causing the death of Pinky, a beloved Chilean flamingo at a Florida them park, has died.

Joseph Anthony Corrao, 48, was struck by a pickup as he crossed a road in Orlando, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. Corrao was taken to a hospital, where he died June 5. The truck driver has not been cited, though authorities are investigating the incident.

Corrao was scheduled to go to trial in August on felony animal cruelty charges, according to court records.

In 2016, Corrao was visiting Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay with his family when he grabbed Pinky and threw her to the ground, nearly ripping one foot off, witnesses told police.

The 19-year-old flamenco-dancing bird received traumatic injuries and was euthanized.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2019, 05:29:13 PM »
The suspect in Pinky the flamingo's death is struck by a truck and killed

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/26/us/anthony-corrao-dies-trnd/index.html

The man who drew the ire of animal lovers after he was accused of causing the death of Pinky, a beloved Chilean flamingo at a Florida them park, has died.

Joseph Anthony Corrao, 48, was struck by a pickup as he crossed a road in Orlando, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. Corrao was taken to a hospital, where he died June 5. The truck driver has not been cited, though authorities are investigating the incident.

Corrao was scheduled to go to trial in August on felony animal cruelty charges, according to court records.

In 2016, Corrao was visiting Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay with his family when he grabbed Pinky and threw her to the ground, nearly ripping one foot off, witnesses told police.

The 19-year-old flamenco-dancing bird received traumatic injuries and was euthanized.

dirty rotten... bastiche.....
there are local places here in Ohio, where you can "hire" them to come and "stick" them in peoples yards, for a birthday JOKe...

I think it would be appropriate, to surround his gravesite, and someone probably will soon.. just like that...

wish I had a picture a pal took of me, when Frank Zappa came to Cleveland, and I was front row/center, wearing a Pink Flamingo glued to a pink construction helmet, and he walked onstage.... wearing all pink... looked at me and asked me for my helmet, and wore it for half the show..damn Priceless.. someone stole it (helmet, signed by him) from my house at a party.. double bastiche..

Offline Stasch

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2019, 05:28:55 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grizzly_Man

having seen, and been within spitting distance of every species of Bear in North America except Ursus maritimus...
I have to say, some animals need nothing more than to be "left alone"..

So true.  While someone is out there 'becoming one' with them, they are looking thinking: "That looks like lunch"

A recurring problem I see is with humans is we want to anthropomorphise animals.  They hate it when we do that.

;D
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2019, 06:35:44 AM »
I have two in my yard..reminds me of my grandmother's yard where I fell out of a tree on my head.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2019, 07:43:45 AM »
I have two in my yard..reminds me of my grandmother's yard where I fell out of a tree on onto my head.
FIFY Jim
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Conrad

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2019, 08:26:02 AM »
I have two in my yard..reminds me of my grandmother's yard where I fell out of a tree on my head.

Two what, Bears or Flamingos?

These looks like some fun flamingos. Glow in the dark too.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2019, 08:46:45 AM »
Flamingos..  We only have one bear in the neighborhood.

Thanks, Tweeter.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2019, 02:07:24 PM »
So true.  While someone is out there 'becoming one' with them, they are looking thinking: "That looks like lunch"

A recurring problem I see is with humans is we want to anthropomorphise animals.  They hate it when we do that.

;D

I just snorked coffee outta my nose, thinking about the old joke about a bear asking a rabbit if he ever had problems with poop sticking to it's fur......

Y'all know the rest...

I always loved Larson thoughts...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2019, 06:16:13 AM »
I just snorked coffee outta my nose, thinking about the old joke about a bear asking a rabbit if he ever had problems with poop sticking to it's fur......

Y'all know the rest...

I always loved Larson thoughts...

:rotflmao:

I miss those comics!