Author Topic: Booster Plug  (Read 8711 times)

Offline ZXShan, 2015 C14 ABS

• 2015 C14 ABS
Booster Plug
« on: March 18, 2016, 03:15:26 PM »
Has anyone out there used a "Booster Plug" on their bike? Any information would be great.

Link to the product page: http://www.boosterplug.com/shop/frontpage.html

Quote: "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
-Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Booster Plug
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 03:26:54 PM »
"How does it work then ?

- If you can trick the Fuel Injection ECU to think the ambient air temperature is lower than the actual readings,
    the ECU will richen up the injected mixture by a certain amount.

Bold statement saying all engines are running lean across the map.

- The correct enrichment will greatly improve the driveability of your bike

How is blindly throwing fuel considered 'the correct enrichment'?

- Basically, it is done by adding some extra resistance to the Air Intake Temperature Sensor, and the method
    have been tested thoroughly by many independent sources and it actually works. No magic involved :-) "

Snake oil

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 03:39:22 PM »
But at a mere $149.95 it truly is a bargain! ROTFLMAO
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 03:54:56 PM »
Run away.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 04:01:43 PM »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

• 2015 C14 ABS
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 04:11:19 PM »
I have no intention of getting one of these things! I was on eBay and saw it listed in the parts section and I had never heard of the company so I thought I would ask and I would have to agree with another member and call it "snake oil". It would sort of be like when you were a little kid and got new shoes you would think you could run faster!! LOL.
Quote: "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 04:17:33 PM »
....but I could run faster cause I wasn't hurtin' my feet on the gravel road.

Offline clogan

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 04:33:40 PM »
But wait! There's more!

Just pay separate shipping and handling, and get TWO!
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 04:38:45 PM »
Is it available in 3 easy payments?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 04:41:27 PM »
I have no intention of getting one of these things! I was on eBay and saw it listed in the parts section and I had never heard of the company so I thought I would ask and I would have to agree with another member and call it "snake oil". It would sort of be like when you were a little kid and got new shoes you would think you could run faster!! LOL.

I grew up in the ghetto, and when I got new sneakers... Red Ball Jets at the time were popular.... you could run faster....and jump higher.... you had to, or someone would steal your tennies....

oh, Keds were popular then also... and they had the same faster/higher claim...

http://youtu.be/FtOi96OYkz0

• 2015 C14 ABS
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 04:46:12 PM »
Touche!

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 04:49:21 PM »
There are some uptown folks on this forum, y'all talking about having shoes when you was growing up.. 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2016, 04:54:22 PM »
I grew up in the ghetto, and when I got new sneakers... Red Ball Jets at the time were popular.... you could run faster..... you had to, or someone would steal your tennies....

Yeah, try wearing THESE in the hood and see how far you get...

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/03/nike-self-lacing-shoes/
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2016, 04:58:16 PM »
Another step in dumbing down an already moronic society

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2016, 05:05:32 PM »
hell, I wish I would have saved the shoe BOXES from each pair I had as a kid.....
mom always let me wear my new shoes home from the shoe store, and never took the box....
man...

http://www.ebay.tv/sch/i.html?_sop=16&_nkw=red+ball+jets+shoes&_frs=1

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 02:27:16 PM »
fyi: http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/booster-plug/

I had some time on my hands so I looked at the reviews "testimonials" on their website: http://www.boosterplug.com/shop/cms-testimonials.html

I found it interesting that out of approx. 145 testimonials only two were for Japanese bikes (1 Suzuki and 1 Honda) all the rest were for European bikes, and most of those (95% ?) were from BMW owners.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 05:38:21 PM »
They need the power 8)
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 07:15:38 PM »
They need the power 8)

And perhaps have no clue

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 07:08:49 AM »
I had enough power with the bike stock.  I really have enough power with Steve's re-flash (even getting a bit better gas mileage), but you know this might tip me over the edge from buying a ZX-14 for that next bump.  Seems cheap enough compared to buying a bike designed for the HP....for only $149....Wow.  :o   Yes, I'm in a mood at the moment.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 06:02:12 AM »
Snake oil?  How do you richen the mixture 6% and INCREASE gas mileage.

Wouldn't an inline resistor do the same thing?

And there's not one solution, there are many maps for a reason, because there are many riding scenarios and combinations of temperature, throttle position, etc.
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F