Author Topic: Bag liners  (Read 35869 times)

Offline redbraid

Bag liners
« on: May 15, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »
I'm getting tired of carrying the hard bags in during trips and was wondering what the general population thought of Cee Bailey, RKA bags or others. I am not going the Piggly Wiggly bag route so don't go there.
Thanks for the input.

Bob

Re: Bag liners
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 02:50:14 PM »
I was very happy with the Kawasaki accessory pannier liners. I really liked the rigidity and computer/office slots. I was very happy with them for quite a few trips and 3 years. I wish the OEM Yamaha liners were even close to that good. Well at least the Yamaha liners came with the bike at no additional charge! Really, the Kawasaki liners were IMO, excellent!

Offline Zman

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 05:14:35 PM »
Just ordered Cee Bailey's from Murph today..... 89.00 delivered, good enough for me.....

Offline Tactical_Mik

• Lamh laidir an Uachtar
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 05:22:25 PM »
I use Cee Bailey's liners.  They work fine for me.  I though about getting RKA's and may still.
T.S.R.

Offline DaveO

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 05:28:01 PM »
 ive had the Cee Baily and didnt like em .They are not far off from PigglyWiggly bag..Kind of like a pillow case with a zipper at the top
 I replaced with the RKA
They hold their shape.. Now i'm happy :)

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 05:32:16 PM »
What is RKA?

Offline xsv

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 05:35:50 PM »
http://www.rka-luggage.com/A06%20Liners/Kawasaki%20C14/KawC14.html

I bought the RKA liners last year.  I am extremely happy with the quality of the bags.  They hold their shape well and fit the saddlebags like a glove.  I only wish they made one for my Givi E52 trunk!

2015 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Armyguns

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 07:10:36 PM »
I have the Cee Bailey liners.  Be aware that the liners will hold more than the hard bags will.  I found that out the hard way when I had to download stuff from the liner in order to get the hard bag closed.  I agree with the opinion that they are really nothing more than "a pillow case with a zipper", however they actually have two outside zippers, and an internal zipped section, and an external mesh pocket.  They are nice, but I wish they were a bit more rigid in shape. 
2010 C14 ABS

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 07:20:27 PM »

RKA:

http://www.rka-luggage.com/A06%20Liners/Kawasaki%20C14/KawC14.html

Kawasaki accessory liners:

http://www.kawasaki.com/KawasakiNew/Accessories2/PCItemDetail.aspx?ItemNumber=K53001270&Reason=6&intCatalogID=1&intCatalogType=4&ProductTypeID=8&ModelMarketingId=453&ModelYear=2008&CategoryID=160

Do the Kawi liners have that inside angled type form (see pic of RKA below) to them or do you lose that space??

I never thought about the fact that the inside part of our hard bags angle in like that, seems like potential lost space with some liners...

Those RKA bags look nice, do we get any sort of discount with them??

Bob

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 07:46:59 PM »
The Kawasaki bags fit about perfect. Although the small pouch is slightly smaller by the look of the picture!

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 07:48:36 PM »
why not just take the whole bag off??  its not that hard to do nor is it a time consuming thing to do.  i dont understand the function of these liners......

Bob

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 07:55:43 PM »
why not just take the whole bag off??  its not that hard to do nor is it a time consuming thing to do.  i dont understand the function of these liners......

They make it easy to load and then insert them into the panniers. An inherent probelm with side loading panniers is that they are hard to load. You must have opened the cover at least once and had stuff tumble out. The liners make it mach easier to use the panniers for travel or just day to day. The Kawasaki liners even organize the stuff for you. IMO, these are a must for side loading panniers.

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 08:01:33 PM »
They make it easy to load and then insert them into the panniers. An inherent probelm with side loading panniers is that they are hard to load. You must have opened the cover at least once and had stuff tumble out. The liners make it mach easier to use the panniers for travel or just day to day. The Kawasaki liners even organize the stuff for you. IMO, these are a must for side loading panniers.

food for thought i guess.  i just got my connie not to long ago and havent had the chance for a long over night type ride yet.

Offline DaveO

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 08:16:51 PM »
You must have opened the cover at least once and had stuff tumble out.

yep i hate it when that happens.
 side loading boxes  are a pain without liners
I would much prefer they were top loaders.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 08:52:29 PM »
They make it easy to load and then insert them into the panniers. An inherent probelm with side loading panniers is that they are hard to load. You must have opened the cover at least once and had stuff tumble out. The liners make it much easier to use the panniers for travel or just day to day.

:goodpost:

+1 to Cap'n concept. I would never use them for normal commuting etc, but when I go on trips with mama she likes to be able to load all sorts of smaller things that women need on a trip like make-up and stuff or what ever that you really don't want to load loose...

Plus lugging them around into hotels and stuff only increases chances for scratches on them IMO...

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 08:53:27 PM »
Load them up and stuff them in.   Makes sense.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 06:56:30 PM by mikeboileau »

Offline booger

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 06:54:48 PM »
I want a set of liners, but think they are priced way out of line for what you get.

You can get a pair of cheap duffle bags at Walmart for $20. (I know they don't fit)

Bag liners are $100+.

Doesn't that kinda irritate you?

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 07:32:48 PM »
I had figured I would start by using the bags that helmets come in as liners. Not perfect, but I have never had saddle bags, so it's all new to me!
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips