Author Topic: What an IBA coincidence  (Read 2279 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
What an IBA coincidence
« on: June 19, 2011, 08:03:48 PM »
So here I am in Tacoma, WA, after riding an IBA CC 50 to get here and spending a week and a half. Getting ready to ride back home to RI tomorrow and was reviewing the forum yesterday when (much to my surprise) I read about someone attending the start of the 2011 IBA in..... Seattle, WA! Imagine my surprise as that is only about 40 miles north of where I am at the moment. My son and I took a ride up to walk around the hotel; saw a bunch of IBA folks and got to meet some people I had known of but never met before. I am leaving tomorrow morning to head home (RI) but will shoot north to watch the start of the 2011 IBA. What a treat.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
Re: What an IBA coincidence
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 02:25:40 PM »
So here I am in Tacoma, WA, after riding an IBA CC 50 to get here and spending a week and a half. Getting ready to ride back home to RI tomorrow and was reviewing the forum yesterday when (much to my surprise) I read about someone attending the start of the 2011 IBA in..... Seattle, WA! Imagine my surprise as that is only about 40 miles north of where I am at the moment. My son and I took a ride up to walk around the hotel; saw a bunch of IBA folks and got to meet some people I had known of but never met before. I am leaving tomorrow morning to head home (RI) but will shoot north to watch the start of the 2011 IBA. What a treat.

Brian

So . . . when are you going to post a mile-x-mile report on your CC50? Or at least as much of it as you remember?

Offline ssmith

• Concours Owners Group
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 05:01:38 PM »

So . . . when are you going to post a mile-x-mile report on your CC50? Or at least as much of it as you remember?

I'm pretty sure BDF was planning on telling these tales from the road around the fire pit at the COG national. 
Steve Smith, COG #3184
Get your own official COG # by joining the Concours Owners Group, the premier sport-touring club for Concours enthusiasts and sport-touring riders.  Click here to learn more about club membership

Offline COG-528

• Tilting Horizons since 1982
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 08:44:17 AM »
I'm pretty sure BDF was planning on telling these tales from the road around the fire pit at the COG national.

Just another good reason to plan on being at the Green Mtn National, Aug 8th - 12th.
Mike Aldea, COG-528   Hawthorne, NJ  

Touring broadens horizons . . . Sports Touring tilts them!