Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852830 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #640 on: February 04, 2015, 09:44:52 PM »
Rostra installed, and working! It was quite a project, but IMO, it turned out great.

Good job,  S_C !
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:22:26 AM by Deziner »
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

sailor_chic

« Reply #641 on: February 05, 2015, 09:09:09 AM »
Thanks guys!

Tires arrive today, and doubtful if they will get out on today. Weekend ride is only for 300 miles tomorrow. My riding buddy cant do a multi-day trip due to other circumstances.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #642 on: February 05, 2015, 10:10:44 AM »
C'mon Nicole, you are holding back..... now show them the photos of the install! All you other people should be ashamed of yourselves (OK, me too.... OK, me at the head of the group  :-[  ) after you see the installation of the Rostra (and other farkles) on that bike. Especially the wiring- note how the wires are routed and the overall neatness of the job. Excellent work Nicole!

Brian

Rostra installed, and working! It was quite a project, but IMO, it turned out great.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #643 on: February 05, 2015, 11:03:33 AM »
Would love to see those pics. The wires on my Rostra look like a rats nest.  :-[

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #644 on: February 05, 2015, 12:13:18 PM »
The wires on my Rostra look like a rats nest.  :-[

I often promise myself that the next time I have some covers off, that I'll redo the Rostra wiring and make it neater...then when the covers are off I take a look at it and say....nahhh maybe next time. That big plastic cover is hiding a rat's nest on my bike as well, and it's much worse now than that photo shows, because I've installed additional wiring for lighting. To ease my guilt of not correcting the wiring mess I did install a lot of labels so that I at least had a chance of success should I actually go in there again and fix it nice and neat. Maybe when I do the next air cleaner change this spring?....nahhh maybe the time after that. ::)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #645 on: February 05, 2015, 01:09:00 PM »
I often promise myself that the next time I have some covers off, that I'll redo the Rostra wiring and make it neater...then when the covers are off I take a look at it and say....nahhh maybe next time. That big plastic cover is hiding a rat's nest on my bike as well, and it's much worse now than that photo shows, because I've installed additional wiring for lighting. To ease my guilt of not correcting the wiring mess I did install a lot of labels so that I at least had a chance of success should I actually go in there again and fix it nice and neat. Maybe when I do the next air cleaner change this spring?....nahhh maybe the time after that. ::)

That describes me to a "T"!  :rotflmao:

Offline tomp

« Reply #646 on: February 05, 2015, 04:29:17 PM »
What, there's wires under the tank and tupperware.  I refuse to look, and I believe anything under there is doing fine.....tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #647 on: February 05, 2015, 07:20:40 PM »

What, there's wires under the tank and tupperware.  I refuse to look, and I believe anything under there is doing fine.....tp

:rotflmao: I like the way you think!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #648 on: February 05, 2015, 09:00:23 PM »

:rotflmao: I like the way you think!

Me too.... I am embarrassed by some of my wiring.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

sailor_chic

« Reply #649 on: February 07, 2015, 07:37:32 AM »
Good morning Gents, Yesterday was a 400 mile ride. Note to self.... Stay away from Florida West coast during Snowbird season. The Rostra CC worked flawlessly. Well spent time and money for this.

Well now since Brian mentioned pics, I just happen to have a couple of my install. The pic of the Rostra was before completion. The wiring is cleaned up better now.

Offline tomp

« Reply #650 on: February 07, 2015, 08:42:29 AM »
Thanks for sharing.  I like the pink hair doo daah on the left grip.   Adds a touch of personalization to the bike... ;D ;D 8) tomp

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #651 on: February 07, 2015, 09:44:14 AM »
I really, really like the part where you say the wiring is cleaned up better now.  :rotflmao:  I gotta' tell you, compared to the average install, that thing is NASA grade.... before you 'cleaned it up'. You should see mine....  :-[   When I was finished, I took all the excess wire and connectors, folded them into a 'buss bar' looking thing and taped over the whole thing. Looks like a harness that would run the space shuttle.  Now in my own defense, there was a lot of tinkering / changing going on 'cause I was doing that install from the ground up, first time, and I had to determine a lot of the settings through calculation and testing so I was in an out (Easy Boys!) of the wiring for a few weeks. Of course, that is probably offset by the fact that I have now had maybe 7 years to go back and streamline things a bit....

Brian

Good morning Gents, Yesterday was a 400 mile ride. Note to self.... Stay away from Florida West coast during Snowbird season. The Rostra CC worked flawlessly. Well spent time and money for this.

Well now since Brian mentioned pics, I just happen to have a couple of my install. The pic of the Rostra was before completion. The wiring is cleaned up better now.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

sailor_chic

« Reply #652 on: February 07, 2015, 10:24:51 AM »
Thanks for your kind words Gents.

Here is a pic of the remote garage door button that I made months ago. It is out of site  and readily accessible under the center plastic tank cover thingy.

Offline tomp

« Reply #653 on: February 07, 2015, 10:39:24 AM »
Nicole, you are just too much, something I greatly appreciate. 

Getting ready to ride half way across Houston to attend a mandatory work meeting.  At least I am being paid to be there...Great weekend to all... tomp

sailor_chic

« Reply #654 on: February 07, 2015, 11:05:53 AM »
Enjoy your ride and be safe!

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #655 on: February 07, 2015, 11:22:43 AM »
The wiring is cleaned up better now.
Yeah, mine too.

sailor_chic, it looks like you were working on an air horn too? (Stebel Nautilus?) I see the compressor and it looks like an intake hose going to somewhere (air filter?) but nothing on the air output side as I can see. A work in progress?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #656 on: February 07, 2015, 12:02:20 PM »
Yeah, I noticed that too but I <think> it is the compressor of a Stebel and the tubing is the output. It should be going to the actual horn part of the device, which I assume is somewhere pointed forward on the bike. ??

Not speaking for Nicole, I just wanted to guess.... :-)

Brian

Yeah, mine too.

sailor_chic, it looks like you were working on an air horn too? (Stebel Nautilus?) I see the compressor and it looks like an intake hose going to somewhere (air filter?) but nothing on the air output side as I can see. A work in progress?

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #657 on: February 07, 2015, 01:48:25 PM »
Yeah, I noticed that too but I <think> it is the compressor of a Stebel and the tubing is the output. It should be going to the actual horn part of the device, which I assume is somewhere pointed forward on the bike. ??

Not speaking for Nicole, I just wanted to guess.... :-)

Brian

I suppose it could be possible that she found a way to make the horn work by sucking (easy boys and girl) instead of blowing (repeat last paren), but I don't think so.
I'm pretty sure the long black plastic going down the side is the air intake and the down facing gray...er... protrusion (I almost called it a tea..nevermind)  at the upper left of the compressor is the air outlet. Regardless, it looks like she ran a nice stout wire to the compressor, so it should really blow (oh I give up  ::)).

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #658 on: February 07, 2015, 01:58:12 PM »
I believe the silver cylinder IS the compressor, and the discharge port (Easy Marty!) is at the top / left, where the vinyl hose attaches and then leaves the area, I assume, to connect with the horn part.

Hopefully Nicole will be along shortly to tell us how her plumbing really works....

Brian

I suppose it could be possible that she found a way to make the horn work by sucking (easy boys and girl) instead of blowing (repeat last paren), but I don't think so.
I'm pretty sure the long black plastic going down the side is the air intake and the down facing gray...er... protrusion (I almost called it a tea..nevermind)  at the upper left of the compressor is the air outlet. Regardless, it looks like she ran a nice stout wire to the compressor, so it should really blow (oh I give up  ::)).

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #659 on: February 07, 2015, 03:18:41 PM »
I believe the silver cylinder IS the compressor (<--1), and the discharge port (Easy Marty!) is at the top / left (<--2), where the vinyl hose attaches (<--3) and then leaves the area, I assume, to connect with the horn part.

Hopefully Nicole will be along shortly to tell us how her plumbing really works.... (<--4)

Brian

1 & 2 (and hopefully 4 {Oh Brian, really?  ::)  :P}) are correct...but (look closer) I see 3 as connected to the bottom of the long black vertical plastic channel/tube going up the side of the compressor to the intake port and nothing attached to the outlet (2).  No?