Author Topic: Best Bike Photo EVER!  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Clark Kent

• Arena
Best Bike Photo EVER!
« on: April 07, 2013, 12:47:45 PM »
Since I live in the Arena, it has been suggested that I post this photo in the open population.  (we in the Arena consider ourselves as being in the ZG/GTR isolation unit.)  ie:  maximum security!  :banghead:

This photo journalist was taking a photo of this Praying Mantis when it crawled up on this fern that was just before it extend it's leaves.

The photo is fantastic.  The Matis back legs look like the back suspension, the second back set of legs (they have 4 sets of legs) look like the front suspension.  Great seat.  I call it the "Thorax" seat.  (Corbin will copy it next week)  :banghead:   In the photos in the address below check out the fern's curled stems.  They actually look like tires on rims! 

Each person who look at this sees something else different, but they all see a great bike!   :finger_fing11:

Dare I say a:   "BUG BIKE?

Anyway, here goes:                                                           

http://www.inspirationgreen.com/praying-mantis.html   <great photos and story of this photo.

Also posted in the Open Forum (I didn't know if this qualified as a rides and stories or a campfire story so I posted this in both forums.) 

(It's been a long, long time since I have ventured out of the Arena)  :stirpot:
A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it.  "SHANE"

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Best Bike Photo EVER!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 06:09:30 PM »
 8) :thumbs:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 04:16:58 AM »
Thanks, Clark!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline pranje

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 10:17:52 PM »
That is slick. This past summer my wife took a picture of a flower, while she was transfering the photos onto her lap top I happen to see that there was a grass hopper on the flower. She only noticed that the tips of the hoppers legs were the same color as the center of the flower, I noticed that the hopper was smiling. The kind of smile you get when your banging through the gears, and I can't get the picture to post.

Jason on the Great North Coast!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 08:23:15 AM »
Nice!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine