Author Topic: ok mounted new venoms, bike is better than on the dunlops.... but it shakes,  (Read 3098 times)

Offline Dan

4k and above, but strongest at 4 k,
If I give a half inch from my palms to see how smooth she is I get a violent shake, more so if decelerating...

Sort of a tank slapper,, if it were on a sport bike...

So I am going to take the front in for a computer balance, we used a gravity balancer...  got it real close...

I also remember a thread about tightening the steering baring??  Anyone have that thread../?  Thanks guys, will let u know gonna get her balanced Monday morning leaving on Wednesday for out WEST, PARTNER KEEPS PUSHING THE DATE.....BACK...  Ok talk to u guys ltr..

Dan

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
You need to tighten that steering head bearing...... End of story!

Or don't take both hands off the bars.....  ::)
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Dan

Thanks T Cro..

Do u know the size socket I need.
And How tight??  I can bear down on emm pretty good, always afraid of breakin stuff..

Dan

Offline Cybercraig

• Sprayboy-Services
Socket don't work! You'll have to tap the nutt tight with a screwdriver or get the correct spanner wrench.
'98 becoming more farkled up by the minute.

R.I.P. Steve Earl  "Mr. FJR"

Offline Dan

so this is not the bolt at the top, rt beside the key hole,,, Or will I know more when I pop the 2 screws out with the plastic late holdin the cover on there??

Thanks for the help guys.  I am gonna have this thing ready to go, leavin in 2 days..

Dan
 :) This really should be the last thing that needs done...

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
Tony P. Crochet

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
Tony P. Crochet

Offline Dan

Thanks T.

I simple tapped that bolt less than 1/4 turn and it is solid now..  I mean hands free runnin true, no shake from 8 to 4 k....  tires are great, valves adjusted, h way pegs on, clearview with wing vent on it, and a go cruise..  Now can she do 3.5k in the next two weeks??
cleavland, milwaukee, to somewhere on 090, to yellowstone, and possible boulder, or across 94, and then down to sd....

ltr
Dan

Fresh oil as well.

Ok ltr guys..

Dan

Offline Strawboss

Cleveland, Cleveland, as in OH? Stopping for the night? Well. anybody smart doesn't stop in Cleveland for the night right? ;D Stop over and I'll buy the beverages. Minutes from I-90. Good luck if you are just passing through. BTW, you might get into some big traffic right downtown on I-90, they are replacing a bridge, hopefully they'll send you around on I77 and I-490, if not, one lane.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Dan

got it, should be wednesday nt...

Have a friend there.... If that does nto work out, we may stop in a smaller town....  Not sure exactly where he lives, been a bit since I saw him, and was never at his place, so we will see, We were gonna run the toll roads all the way out from philly basically...

ok ltr
Dan

Offline Tele130

Hey Dan. Let me know about your Milwaukee stop (over night or just a pass through).
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline paintman

Hey Dan if your going to be passing through SD let me know im 20 mins from MT Rushmore .
John