Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 456478 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1340 on: May 27, 2016, 09:48:16 AM »
 :rotflmao:
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #1341 on: May 27, 2016, 09:57:27 AM »
Who are you going to take yours to now?

:popcorn:
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1342 on: May 27, 2016, 11:56:58 AM »
I'm going to leave it be until later this afternoon and try looking for it again.  They really ought to make these caps in color other than black....bright yellow or orange comes to mind.

Update:  I found it after going back and looking throughout the engine bay 4 or 5 times.  Was just looking down from the top and tried to determine where it might have fell.  Looked at the radiator shroud and wondered if it had fell into the bottom of it.  Started feeling around and there it was.  That was really depressing me.  Glad I found it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:39:33 PM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1343 on: May 27, 2016, 05:01:41 PM »
Much of the same can be said for squids .

As far as attitude and noise, very true
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #1344 on: May 28, 2016, 01:36:17 AM »
As far as attitude and noise, very true

Going to a rally, and there is this 20-something y/o, trying to break his bike's motor by revving it into the limiters/valve bounce, while I'm trying to have a conversation with my Brothers, or listening to the band playing.

Being a rally organiser myself, I know how the okes gets pissed off. Even the band starts to get irritated.

A few years back, we had an oke pull his bike into the main tent, and limiting the crap out of his bike. It got so bad, that he blew one of the band's speakers. Needless to say, the following year we started putting up fences to prevent the "Fidiots" (f  :censored: ng idiots) from getting their bikes into the main tent.
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1345 on: May 28, 2016, 04:34:39 AM »
That's because his type aren't motorcycle riders, they are motorcycle exhibitionists.  Big difference.

(I like to call them "chrome lawnmower exhibitionists", since what they ride are typically low-tech, slow, loud, unbalanced, low, can't corner, vibrate to death, etc; usually come out only once a week or two but not in the winter when the grass doesn't grow; are covered in chrome; and are all about "look at me", "pay attention to me", "listen to me")

I agree. And when we were sitting at the light together the dickhead did his best to pretend that I wasn't even there (I almost wasn't...) .
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 06:53:54 AM by Conrad »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1346 on: May 28, 2016, 04:35:48 AM »
I'm going to leave it be until later this afternoon and try looking for it again.  They really ought to make these caps in color other than black....bright yellow or orange comes to mind.

Update:  I found it after going back and looking throughout the engine bay 4 or 5 times.  Was just looking down from the top and tried to determine where it might have fell.  Looked at the radiator shroud and wondered if it had fell into the bottom of it.  Started feeling around and there it was.  That was really depressing me.  Glad I found it.

You might want to put a tether on that thing.   ;)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1347 on: May 28, 2016, 08:01:00 AM »
You might want to put a tether on that thing.   ;)

Had Brian posted that, an "easy boys" would have been included.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1348 on: May 28, 2016, 03:18:32 PM »
 :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1349 on: August 05, 2016, 08:03:56 PM »
Rivets...the metal ones, not the noise the frogs (amphibians) make.

Bought a Tacoma Sport the end of March.   Decided to add Redline Quick Hood Lift system to the hood as it's damnably heavy as the Sport has extra stuff in it's hood.  Also the taller tires don't help.  This system has to be riveted to the hood.  Bought a nice Stanley MR77C riveter in preparation and practiced with it before hand as I haven't done much of that up to now.

Measured everything and got the holes drilled and then put the first rivet in.  All went fine and I was ready for the second one and noticed the shank of the previous rivet was still there.  Couldn't get that darn thing out.  Decided to unscrew the piece in the back and try to get it out that way...1.5 hours later it was still in.  When I unscrewed that piece a spring decided to leave in a hurry as well as all the parts therein.  Took awhile to get them all back in place.  Did the second rivet and of course that shank wouldn't come out either.  Great idea!  Use a very narrow rod to force it out.  Damn rod got stuck.  Took more time to get that out.

They say that this job takes about an hour and half to put everything in place.  It took me 4 hours to do one bracket.  I have three more to do.  I can't wait.  :_shudder_Emoticon :censored:

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #1350 on: August 05, 2016, 08:29:48 PM »
Usually if you fully retract the handle of the riveter the shank will fall out.
Frogs say ribbit.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 06:56:48 AM by jettawreck »
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1351 on: August 05, 2016, 09:13:31 PM »
gully retract?  Nothing I did made it just fall out.

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #1352 on: August 06, 2016, 07:01:26 AM »

gully retract?  Nothing I did made it just fall out.

:-[ :-[ fixed it, sorry.
Sounds like the tool has a defect.
Enough to make a guy get annoyed and go crazy for sure.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1353 on: August 06, 2016, 11:37:16 AM »
It's a pain for sure but I figured out what to do to get it out easier than taking it apart.  Used a small vice grip and just 'unscrewed' it.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1354 on: August 08, 2016, 05:00:54 AM »
Rivets...the metal ones, not the noise the frogs (amphibians) make.

Bought a Tacoma Sport the end of March.   Decided to add Redline Quick Hood Lift system to the hood as it's damnably heavy as the Sport has extra stuff in it's hood.  Also the taller tires don't help.  This system has to be riveted to the hood.  Bought a nice Stanley MR77C riveter in preparation and practiced with it before hand as I haven't done much of that up to now.

Measured everything and got the holes drilled and then put the first rivet in.  All went fine and I was ready for the second one and noticed the shank of the previous rivet was still there.  Couldn't get that darn thing out.  Decided to unscrew the piece in the back and try to get it out that way...1.5 hours later it was still in.  When I unscrewed that piece a spring decided to leave in a hurry as well as all the parts therein.  Took awhile to get them all back in place.  Did the second rivet and of course that shank wouldn't come out either.  Great idea!  Use a very narrow rod to force it out.  Damn rod got stuck.  Took more time to get that out.

They say that this job takes about an hour and half to put everything in place.  It took me 4 hours to do one bracket.  I have three more to do.  I can't wait.  :_shudder_Emoticon :censored:

The 'shank' should break off and come out. If it isn't breaking off then you need to give the rivet gun a few more squeezes till it does.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1355 on: August 08, 2016, 05:03:12 AM »
The 'shank' should break off and come out. If it isn't breaking off then you need to give the rivet gun a few more squeezes till it does.

An 'easy boys' or two might be appropriate.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1356 on: August 08, 2016, 07:14:09 AM »
It's breaking off ok, just that broke off piece isn't coming out without persuasion.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1357 on: August 08, 2016, 07:16:22 AM »
A little lube before you squeeze?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1358 on: August 08, 2016, 07:51:28 AM »
That won't work in this case.  There is a cone shaped gripper just inside the head piece with teeth.  I tried backing off on the spring tension but still no joy.  I'm done with that job and probably won't use the rivet gun for awhile.  The struts came out well and work great.  The last three pieces I riveted on only took about an hour after I figured out what to do with the gun.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1359 on: August 08, 2016, 01:44:07 PM »
Stanley ain't what it used to be. I have had a Marson for nearly 30 years and have had zero issues with it.