Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852931 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #600 on: January 30, 2015, 03:38:49 AM »
Yeah me too, but it happens....

...case in point: jimmymac, why do you have an air impact wrench strapped to your garage door?...ballast?  ???
....and the rifle tied to the beam?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #601 on: January 30, 2015, 05:46:57 AM »

Where's Waldo?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #602 on: January 30, 2015, 06:14:16 AM »

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #603 on: January 30, 2015, 06:34:49 AM »

Didn't notice that! This is like one of those kid books with all the stuff in busy pictures with a list of stuff to find.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #604 on: January 30, 2015, 03:39:55 PM »
Yeah me too, but it happens....

...case in point: jimmymac, why do you have an air impact wrench strapped to your garage door?...ballast?  ???
Yeah, I bought the wrong garage door springs and needed 5 more pounds. It's been zip tied up there for 15 years now.

I'm 47 and just love the fast stuff. Always have.

Oh yeah, If anyone thinks a Connie is quicker off the line, .... Never mind.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #605 on: January 30, 2015, 04:45:23 PM »
Yeah, I bought the wrong garage door springs and needed 5 more pounds. It's been zip tied up there for 15 years now.

LOL!!

Oh yeah, If anyone thinks a Connie is quicker off the line, .... Never mind.

The Concours 1400 is certainly not slow.  But not much out there is going to be quicker than a ZX14... off the line or in any way shape or form :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #606 on: January 30, 2015, 04:55:12 PM »

You have had the same springs for 15 years? WOW!  Never had springs last even ten years.  As far as the impact tool goes, are you sure you don't have or have had a KLR650?  That is exactly the kinda thing an owner would do. I know, have had two, and that just feels like a natural solution for a KLR owner.... ;D
Living in the Texas Coast...

elp_jc

« Reply #607 on: January 30, 2015, 05:00:05 PM »
But not much out there is going to be quicker than a ZX14... off the line or in any way shape or form :)
Forgot to add: by a better than average rider ;D. Not necessarily an expert now that traction control, anti-wheelie control, stability control, and even launch control is available, but you still need LOTS of practice to optimally launch one of those bikes hard. My Hayabusa didn't have any electronics, and it took A TON of practice to be able to launch it quick with consistency. That was my point: for the average rider rarely going over 6K rpm, they'd probably launch a Connie quicker. Later.

Offline tomp

« Reply #608 on: January 30, 2015, 05:08:29 PM »
The ZZR1200 I had a while back didn't come off the line all that hard, but over 5K, it would kick my C14's butt.   Predecessor to the ZZR1400 or ZX14.  It wasn't comfortable or handle all that well under 100 MPH, but above, it came to life.  Seating was too cramped for me, or I would have never gotten rid of it.  Any other ZZR 1200 owners out there?   

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #609 on: January 30, 2015, 05:37:55 PM »
Me. Had an 03. Kick ass bike. 8)
The Rifle hanging is a Daisy BB gun. Kinda fun to plink around when I'm bored. Probably hasn't been touched in 10 years though.

I'm quite the post ho' at ZZRBIKES.com. Still love riding with those guys, even though most of them have moved on the either the ZX14, or the Connie. We're just a bunch of speed freaks that love getting together and railing some twisty roads. 8)

Sorry for the "jack." some threads were meant to be, I suppose. While I'm totally out of control, check out my bitchin' toolbox again.

Sorry guys, BTW, Smoky and the Bandit is my favorite movie.

Offline tomp

« Reply #610 on: January 30, 2015, 05:47:53 PM »
Me. Had an 03. Kick ass bike. 8)
The Rifle hanging is a Daisy BB gun. Kinda fun to plink around when I'm bored. Probably hasn't been touched in 10 years though.

I'm quite the post ho' at ZZRBIKES.com. Still love riding with those guys, even though most of them have moved on the either the ZX14, or the Connie. We're just a bunch of speed freaks that love getting together and railing some twisty roads. 8)

Sorry for the "jack." some threads were meant to be, I suppose. While I'm totally out of control, check out my bitchin' toolbox again.

Sorry guys, BTW, Smoky and the Bandit is my favorite movie.

I used to go on that site, too.  I checked out all your pics on photobucket.  Saw lots of ZZR1200's there.  I can understand why that is your favorite movie.   Mine is "Little Fauss and Big Halsey"  Pollard and Redford.  If you've never seen it, it's on the web.  Great racing and character studies of two completely different personalities trying to achieve racing success in the early 70's. 

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #611 on: January 30, 2015, 05:58:42 PM »
I'll look into that, Tomp. 8)

Offline tomp

« Reply #612 on: January 30, 2015, 06:21:49 PM »
I'll look into that, Tomp. 8)
  Looks like folks online are charging to view it now.  Bet it's on Netflix.  I recorded it off the TV from Retro channel to DVR.   Halsy/Redford is such an a**hole in this movie.  They picked the right  actor to play the part... 

Back to C14's.   Going riding again tomorrow, as I may actually have a new job by the middle of next week and won't be able to ride, except to work and back.  Unemployment really sucks, after 47 years of working every day.   tp

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #613 on: January 30, 2015, 06:24:57 PM »
Best of luck, Tomp. ;)

Offline tomp

« Reply #614 on: January 30, 2015, 06:39:41 PM »
Best of luck, Tomp. ;)
Thanks, my previous company screwed me out of a 30 year career, so now I'm semi retired with SS benefits and hopefully as long as my pee test is ok, dam well better be, will be working 20 hrs a week at Home Depot, in sales.  Figured I woild be with the other career for the next 5/6 years, but my old company saw to it that competitors wouldn't hire me, so they could keep my acct's to themselves.  Very illegal, but hard to prove in a court of law. 

As to C14's, it is the most beloved motorcycle I have ever owned, well, maybe except for the Suzuki RL250 trials bike, set up for trail riding (S/N xxx250).  Man I miss that bike...tomp  FWIW, Have owned 60, over the years, many off road and racing bikes there. 

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #615 on: January 30, 2015, 07:06:18 PM »
... Unemployment really sucks, after 47 years of working every day.   tp

ain't that the truth... similar situation, after moving out of pocket back to Ohio, to work for a "friend" and ex co engineer, so he could move into sales and i would assume his job, he ended up dumping me after 2-1/2 years because the company refused to advance him, therefore I wasn't going to be allowed to take his position...and I made too much money to be a "co-engineer"....
friends... bahhhh, ain't no such thing as a friend who is your boss, (except when GBYII was my boss...  8) )

ran out of unemployment, and dipping into retirement funds... Nobody wants to hire 60 year old people... :( even tho the really need them, and their acquired knowledge.

best of luck,

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline tomp

« Reply #616 on: January 30, 2015, 07:17:45 PM »
ain't that the truth... similar situation, after moving out of pocket back to Ohio, to work for a "friend" and ex co engineer, so he could move into sales and i would assume his job, he ended up dumping me after 2-1/2 years because the company refused to advance him, therefore I wasn't going to be allowed to take his position...and I made too much money to be a "co-engineer"....
friends... bahhhh, ain't no such thing as a friend who is your boss, (except when GBYII was my boss...  8) )

ran out of unemployment, and dipping into retirement funds... Nobody wants to hire 60 year old people... :( even tho the really need them, and their acquired knowledge.

best of luck,
Thanks.  I'm almost 65, and at least was able to sign up for Social Security at a reduced rate.  My best friend of 34 years, guaranteed  me a good job with him, when I lost mine.  I stayed on unemployment, that runs out tomorrow, but he never found "That Job" with his company as promised.  With SS and part time work, I will earn half of what I was.  No more going out to eat or farkles for my motorcycles.  One has a dead battery, and it's gonna stay dead for the foreseeable future.  This ain't what we signed up for all those decades ago.  Never thought life would change so much in the later years..

Hope things work out for you, MOB, sir. 

Oh, I love my C14, best motorcycle available for the money, Rider Magazine said so....

elp_jc

« Reply #617 on: January 31, 2015, 01:21:43 AM »
I've been screwed twice (and big time) by what thought were friends, and also screwed by Louisiana Pacific when I opened the Mexican market for them without charging them a penny... and when I had to close my doors (import duties went to the roof for my Indonesian/Malaysian plywood), they sent me to hell. I made them millions over the years, and not even a paltry commission for each railcar, just because they already sold to my customers directly (maybe I was stupid not to charge BOTH, but I've never been greedy). Live and learn.

Anyway, let's go back to the Connie. Removed the storage compartment (no need to remove anything else), removed both the solenoid and locking mechanism (put them aside for resale time) like they were never there, taped the connector and zip-tied it (green) nicely, put back the compartment, and found an aluminum torx bolt laying around for the bottom since it was missing on my new bike (manual says it has a push-pin, but mine had threads, so found an appropriate bolt and it's rock-solid now). Compartment is always open now, and operates very smoothly. Tomorrow will remove the cotter pin on the rear axle and replace it with one of the several R-clips I have laying around from my Hayabusa and CBR1100XX days. Enjoy your weekend folks.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #618 on: January 31, 2015, 01:51:18 AM »
Nope, time for some change.

Thanks for playing though. 8)

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #619 on: January 31, 2015, 02:01:57 AM »

Sorry guys, I went out the front door and didn't even see my Connie today.
I know where it sits this morning though.