Author Topic: buy my/arena...  (Read 2151 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
buy my/arena...
« on: February 25, 2019, 11:42:39 PM »
man, this has become the arena, and for sale channel...

stats;
176 Guests, 1 User (0 Buddies, 1 Hidden)

man, this is sad.

anybody have ZG/GTR related stuff to post lately?  anybody?
Iv'e always stood behind this site, promoting it, and always tried to contribute..

what has this become?

Rick, did you vote for me for OtP?, I voted for you...

:grouphug: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :hail: :hail: :hail:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: buy my/arena...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 12:27:13 AM »
man, this has become the arena, and for sale channel...[...]anybody have ZG/GTR related stuff to post lately?  anybody? [...] what has this become?

It is pretty quiet the last few months.  Perhaps just winter and people hibernating and turning their interests elsewhere.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline sport rider

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 08:56:45 AM »
I noticed the lack of activity too.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 10:27:16 AM »
Yes this place has always usually had much less traffic than the other forum. On the plus side however, there seem to be fewer questions that have been answered over and over and over and fewer of the same false/incorrect info resurfacing again and again on this forum.

Also, on this forum I can go back to my very first post and add a comma or completely delete what I posted. On the other forum I'd need a moderator to do it for me, even though I pay dues to support the other forum, my posts there become the property of COG after a certain length of time. I don't have much to offer that hasn't already been covered over and over as collectively we have probably discovered all there is to know and or accessorize on the C14 and C10 by now. However if I ever do run across the holy grail of modification and or the best accessory ever, I'm going to post it here only.

I've vented now  ::) :P , thanks MOB.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 10:36:58 AM »
I went to put the charger on the Connie, and my battery had shorted. It had a two year warranty and was about three weeks from expiring. I got my local dealer to check it out and get me a new Motobat battery, then paid them $20 for another two years of coverage. So the Connie now has a fresh battery.  There's your Connie Newsflash for today! 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline sport rider

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 10:50:56 AM »
Yes this place has always usually had much less traffic than the other forum. On the plus side however, there seem to be fewer questions that have been answered over and over and over and fewer of the same false/incorrect info resurfacing again and again on this forum.

Also, on this forum I can go back to my very first post and add a comma or completely delete what I posted. On the other forum I'd need a moderator to do it for me, even though I pay dues to support the other forum, my posts there become the property of COG after a certain length of time. I don't have much to offer that hasn't already been covered over and over as collectively we have probably discovered all there is to know and or accessorize on the C14 and C10 by now. However if I ever do run across the holy grail of modification and or the best accessory ever, I'm going to post it here only.

I've vented now  ::) :P , thanks MOB.

I did find out that you can put pod filters on a C10 without blowing up the motor.   ;D ;D ;D

<duck and cover>

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 12:19:06 PM »
Could be worse, we could have another "why is my cat urinating outside the litterbox?" thread.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 01:36:27 PM »
Er..... was there a 'why is my cat urinating outside the litterbox' thread? ?? And if so, did the collective wisdom of the forum find an (or the) answer?

Unless it was in the arena, then I would not have seen it.

Brian

Could be worse, we could have another "why is my cat urinating outside the litterbox?" thread.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 01:56:07 PM »
It may have been pre-ZGGTR meltdown.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 06:51:31 AM »
I did find out that you can put pod filters on a C10 without blowing up the motor.   ;D ;D ;D
<duck and cover>
Of course you can. It's gonna run like  :hitfan: :deadhorse: though. :D
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline sport rider

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 02:25:51 PM »
Of course you can. It's gonna run like  :hitfan: :deadhorse: though. :D

Can we upgrade to a like button?  :D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2019, 05:02:35 AM »
No.  But we do have  :thumbs: :chugbeer: :goodpost: :finger_fing11: :salute: .   Take your pick. ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2019, 09:39:43 PM »
No.  But we do have  :thumbs: :chugbeer: :goodpost: :finger_fing11: :salute: .   Take your pick

:hail:

You know, now that I think about it....did post traffic about the C14 seem to drop off rather dramatically right after a certain someone purchased an Indian? ???

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2019, 04:50:11 AM »
There could be some correlation but that would mean more than one person went out and bought one and sold their C14.  What I am thinking is that as we're aging out we're buying different bikes.  I went with the Indian for something completely different, but before that I wasn't riding the C14 as much.  I think that if you're riding a C14 constantly, evil thoughts of trying something different are kept away.  It's when we either get bored, start hurting more (my case), or have a mishap that those evil thoughts start creeping in.  I did try tin foil but that only helped for a short time. 

I've now completely succumbed to the dark side in that I love the comfort of the Indian vs the C14.  I have built in heated grips, electric shield, heated seats, and a cruise control that's the best I've ever used.  I like the thump of the engine and the noise of the pipes (not Scottish).  I love everything about the bike.  I think though that this may be my last bike (said that about the C14).  Mine is a 2016 but I really like the 2019s except that I love my color and seats (most comfortable seat I've ever sat on).  The new ones have a touch screen Ride Command and have changed the heat management to make it more bearable (vents and cutting out of the rear cylinder).  The C14 runs cool compared to this bike in the summer months when stopped or moving slow.

I have no intention of leaving this site to let you guys have your evil ways.  Someone has to do it.  Somewhat ironic isn't it that a power mad ruler (insert evil laugh here) who rides an Indian  is corralling a bunch of C14s....I love it.  Plus, and don't tell anyone this, I think of us here as a family.  We have our spats and such but we're still family.

On the other hand it could be related to the season...

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 06:50:01 AM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2019, 12:17:58 PM »
My observation of activity in this forum is similar and I think it is normal.  Most areas in the U.S. have this thing called "Riding Season".
 That's when tired MC's hibernate and rest up for the Spring.  Activity will definitely pick up as riders shake off the cold and get the riding bug.  Only to discover that they now have to get the bike ready, and that's where the fun posts start.  Battery problems, electrical systems eaten by critters, TPS batteries finally die, or the typical "that seat feels like a brick between my legs" comment.  There is no shortage of entertaining mishaps out there.  I know, I have provided my fair share.