Author Topic: C10 Cafe Project  (Read 4387 times)

gpineau

Re: C10 Cafe Project
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2019, 05:16:26 PM »
Nice. Where did you get the headlight?

Offline sport rider

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 10:22:28 AM »
place called Dime City Cycles on the web.  Classic British Style 7' Chrome Headlight Assembly.

also purchased these for the brackets.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAX-Blade-High-Quality-CNC-Machined-Headlight-Brackets-42-43mm-Diameter/173827041235?hash=item2878e627d3:g:AjIAAOSw6JZcgca6

but be aware those were 43mm to fit the ZRX1100 fork tubes on the front of my bike.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 03:32:23 PM »
place called Dime City Cycles on the web.  Classic British Style 7' Chrome Headlight Assembly.

also purchased these for the brackets.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAX-Blade-High-Quality-CNC-Machined-Headlight-Brackets-42-43mm-Diameter/173827041235?hash=item2878e627d3:g:AjIAAOSw6JZcgca6

but be aware those were 43mm to fit the ZRX1100 fork tubes on the front of my bike.

nice.... like button "pressed repeatedly"....

I have a couple sets of those headlight brackets (Emgo iirc), from my COGZilla build... another good "shell/assembly" is the old KZ1000/Z1 era, ones... have some of those also, as I have a '78 KZ1000Ltd in my collection...

did you get your Gage cluster yet?...
the one from a GPZ900 old bike?

lemme know, I'll dig up pics of the "mounting" I made for COGZilla... easy, cheap, and mounts to the upper tripple tree fork clamping bolts...

keep up the good work....
(oh, strip that exhaust wrap, and steel wire off a.s.a.p. as it will eventually cause the pipes to split/corrode... seriously...  been there...)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline sport rider

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2019, 10:06:05 AM »
nice.... like button "pressed repeatedly"....

I have a couple sets of those headlight brackets (Emgo iirc), from my COGZilla build... another good "shell/assembly" is the old KZ1000/Z1 era, ones... have some of those also, as I have a '78 KZ1000Ltd in my collection...

did you get your Gage cluster yet?...
the one from a GPZ900 old bike?

lemme know, I'll dig up pics of the "mounting" I made for COGZilla... easy, cheap, and mounts to the upper tripple tree fork clamping bolts...

keep up the good work....
(oh, strip that exhaust wrap, and steel wire off a.s.a.p. as it will eventually cause the pipes to split/corrode... seriously...  been there...)

I decided not to go with the cluster.  it was bigger than I want, and there's not going to be any mini-fairing/screen covering it like you did on COGZilla.  I'm getting two small aftermarket gauges.  one is electronic which will have tach and various idiot lights.  the other is the speedo which will be mechanical to use the stock cable.  I'm thinking about getting another set of mounts like above an fabbing a bracket to attach the gauges to.  hopefully they will sit above the headlight and just forward of the ignition key.

for now I'm going to get the exhaust connections completed and then work on the back end for the seat/lights/plate build.

Still got a clutch plate replacement to do, but that's an easy one.  :)

Offline sport rider

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2019, 07:57:45 AM »
After my electrical ups and downs last week got resolved, I turned my attention to the clutch.  did the install last night.  Just need to re-fill with oil and test ride a bit.  that will have everything basically completed except to get the exhaust connected and to build the seat/signals.  Progress feels good!

Offline sport rider

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2019, 09:51:40 AM »
I had a HUGE positive breakthrough in my project yesterday.  I was able to hunt down and make contact with a guy who had done a C10 cafe build back in about 2013.  he had posted some of his work on the COG forum back then and was a COG member at one point.  you may remember this one because he took the approach of cutting down the swingarm into a single-side swingarm.  BTW...I asked him about that last night and he said that was a fail and he went back to a standard swingarm.

anyway...he was able to give me some photos and ideas for the seat and rear end configuration which will be helpful in completing my build.  very pleased!  :)

attached is the pic of his bike.  note the swingarm is back to stock.

gpineau

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2019, 06:38:53 PM »
What progress have you made.  No photos for a month or more.  :(

Offline sport rider

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2019, 07:16:18 AM »
well, let's see.

took bike to muffler shop to have mid-pipe installed.  bike fell over on the traiiler and did just a little damage.  notice the tire tread on the tank.  :(

bought a parts bike which had good plastics.  Needed the tank after above mishap.  when I'm done scavenging some parts that I need, I'll sell off the plastics to recoup some of my money on the cost.

dealt with overheating problem which ended up being the fuse and holder.

second pic is where things stand now.  Time for serious effort on the seat and cowl.

gpineau

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2019, 09:00:21 AM »
How's that saying go...."If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all"
 Looking good though. Nice recovery.