Author Topic: new triumph trophy se  (Read 6132 times)

Offline Rocket Therapy

new triumph trophy se
« on: September 07, 2012, 08:10:33 PM »
Has anyone read about this  new triumph trophy se ???

http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/2013-triumph-trophy-se-preview

Offline seajay

Re: new triumph trophy se
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 09:21:07 PM »
09 C14 ABS, Black

Son of Pappy

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 03:04:15 PM »
They did one thing right anyway, they fit a set of good tires.  Other than that?  What I see is another version of the anemic ST, with some new fangled additions.  Just seems to be missing pizazz.  I'd rather ride an FJR ;)

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 03:39:01 PM »
It is more touring bike than sport touring but definitely not Goldwing touring.  I like all the luxuries that it comes with.  I would like to see one in person and try one on for size.  The triple is a sweet motor.  I am a Kawasaki guy but I see Triumph moving the direction I would like to be.  Reaching that age where amenities and long distance comfort are important to me while I'm roughing it on two wheels.

I've abandoned carbs, moving away from chains, and embracing the new safety features and luxury.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 12:57:07 AM »
...I am a Kawasaki guy but I see Triumph moving the direction I would like to be.  Reaching that age where amenities and long distance comfort are important to me while I'm roughing it on two wheels.

I've abandoned carbs, moving away from chains, and embracing the new safety features and luxury.

+1
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »
Got emailed pricing today...

Built for supreme comfort and agile handling, the Trophy SE is equipped with everything you need to ride in style. Starting at $18,999, this bike features high-level equipment such as cruise control, traction control, SiriusXM™ Satellite Radio, Bluetooth® connectivity, electronic screen adjustment, electronic suspension adjustment and ABS as standard. The Trophy SE also includes extended service intervals and a two-year manufacturer warranty for added peace of mind.

In stores January 2013.
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 05:25:08 PM »
I got that same email. Looks nice. Hopefully they don't sell any. Then I can buy a 2013 in 2014 for cheap.
Joel from Maine.

Offline eng943

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 02:15:25 PM »
I really like what I see relative to the new Trophy, and may go that route next time around after it has been out for a while and the bugs are worked out.

2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 11:54:10 AM »
Looks remarkably like a C14.  :D

ESPECIALLY the muffler! So this is where all the jettisoned C14 cans went . . . I was wondering who was buying them up.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 11:47:47 AM »
I got that same email. Looks nice. Hopefully they don't sell any. Then I can buy a 2013 in 2014 for cheap.

Now is your chance!
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Mikes14

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 02:50:20 PM »
I really like what I see relative to the new Trophy, and may go that route next time around after it has been out for a while and the bugs are worked out.

Yep. I have a very good friend that I ride with and is a Triumph fan. He loves his new Trophy but the electrics still suck. How about a windshield that doesn't retract, only when it decides? Like the Lucas stuff that was in the Brit bikes of the past. Beautiful bike, but like you said wait till the bugs get worked out.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 07:18:10 AM »
Yep. I have a very good friend that I ride with and is a Triumph fan. He loves his new Trophy but the electrics still suck. How about a windshield that doesn't retract, only when it decides? Like the Lucas stuff that was in the Brit bikes of the past. Beautiful bike, but like you said wait till the bugs get worked out.

What year is his trophy SE?  My '14 is flawless so far.  No complaints on the trophy forum after the first year bugs were worked out.
My Concours Travels: